Can we talk about The Voynich Hotel? I just marathoned it and wondered what Sup Forums thought

Can we talk about The Voynich Hotel? I just marathoned it and wondered what Sup Forums thought.

Amazing. Ending was obviously rushed though.

A masterpiece. Unique talent.

How many parodies did you notice?

It was nice to see a cute brown girl that actually made it with the MC

Douman said on twitter that Elena was a copy of Marona from Phantom Brave which was a PS2 game.

Phantom Brave is now on Steam. That's a good video.

Little brown witches are the best.

Charming but I don't love it like most people here. That sniper chapter was amazing though.

Its popular in OPTs, just like Nickelodeon, which is also great.

One of the best brown girls I can think of.

You missed the most blatant one.

have started reading it 2 weeks ago because i thought the same guy who did sayonara zetsubo sensei also did this... well that wasn't the case but it was still a pleasant surprise even though i'm still not totally in the know of how the authors ticks

Which one? Seems like there are many I didn't notice.

The yakuza boss is Mazinger.

One of the more enjoyable reads. Read it all in one go one day after an user was dumping it.

Not really. It was slice of life.

Did they fuck?

I only caught Vegeta and Nappa
only cause they blatantly stated it.

Yeah
a whole chapter dedicated to it.

Not on that date, if I remember correctly, but eventually yes. A lot.

You must not have read the manga. They outright fuck a little over halfway through it.

chapter number?

what's douman doing these days anyway? is oddman 11 over?

Oddman is still going, and he writes oneshots and Ayame to Amane chapter from time to time.

Just read the whole fucking thing you dummy, the chapters aren't even that long

right on
not a huge fan of A&A but douman does love them lesbians so he can keep doing what he loves

and honestly I think his oneshots are his best stuff

Updated

Absolute fave of all time. Wish someone made this into a movie.

It bugs me. Are Taizou and his "bro" in gay relationship?

I like Nickelodeon more, the chapter about care bears was 10/10.

gonna dump some nickelodeon unless someone objects violently in which case i probably will continue anyway

...what?

>yfw he actually did

No, they're actually brothers.

>what's douman doing these days anyway?
He's starting a new oneshot series like Nickelodeon in Ultra Jump and a new serialized one in Young Champion Retsu (pic related, same magazine where Voynich ran), both next month.

>Ayame to Amane
The hell you're talking about, I clearly remember a thread where user translated the final chapter.

>a new oneshot series like Nickelodeon in Ultra Jump
oh fuck color me excited

I read Suicide Parabellum.

It looked like the MC was trying to save the girl but from what? suicide?

I still don't really understand what it was about but it definitely looked cool.

Preview for the new oneshot series, it'll have two chapters in the first issue.
If no one else does it I'll at least try and get Babylon translated, I loved Voynich. Maybe Melancholia too but that depends more on if I like the first chapters.

>SF (Spacy Fuck) Adventure

Good. What a bizarre but poignant story. No onc can create a piece like this in four pages other than Douman. It's almost like Haiku.

I wonder if that isn't what he's going for
it's less a story and more a sensory impression
like a complex feeling described in 4 pages

sorry if I get pretentious, i'm a couple beers in

And we have to wait another 9 years for this series to finish.

I didn't know about his new Restsu serialization, thanks. Natalie's RSS hasn't posted anything so I missed this.

What with this guy and landmines?

if thread is still up when i get back from food i'll dump some more, if not, have a good night

Supposedly we're getting a tank in the Spring, but he also said that last year when I asked him about it. I think it's actually finished now, though.

That's weird. They did post about Retsu, but skipped on Ultra Jump one.

They also didn't post about a few of his Comic Birz stories, so I find it's better to just ask.

I still have a box of his old doujinshi to scan. I bought an old Dorohedoro one of gis recently.

Is this brown enough?

>marathoned
>all the 3 volumes
You must have a lot of free time

The irony is too strong here.

still alive baby

Is he the ghost who appeared in gay coffee chapter?

nah, that guy had glasses

This big lady may be the daughter of snake goddess and human in some chapter.

Wait, so she's the one who kept the breasts and keeps touching them?

>but for a second there I thought I was going to die
Gets me everytime

Yes.

10/10 manga.
>There will never EVER be an anime

Best manga ever.

Anime when?

Kojima you fucking hack.

Damned Ameriboos.

I love a happy ending.

Voynich Hotel>Oddman 11>Nickelodeon>Sexual Instinct and the Hydrogen Bomb War
All god tier though, not to mention the various one-shots.

I'm a huge fan of his works. But what do you think is his appeal? His cartoonish art style and otaku pandering parodies? Weird fetishes combined with sad feelings?

The weirdest stories with cute characters.

And this might sound strange but I think the guy draws the best smiles. You can just feel the happiness.

Pretty much what you mentioned. Heartwarming romances mixed with unabashed fetishism and refreshing humor, plus a bit of weestaboo influence that never hurts. You just get the feeling he draws only whatever the fuck he wants and enjoys.

Guys I want to have a drink with you. Nowhere other than here can I talk about the appeal of Douman. Merry Xmas!

What an oddly nice ending.

Is this chart compelete?

I dropped it shortly after they killed the cute brown drug dealer. I was too upset to continue.

Hey, in this island nobody truly dies. They live forever as ghosts. Actually, she appeared once after her death.

I might have to update the chart if I still have the PSD, if it needs to be updated.

Is this your work? Good job. I've never seen something like this even on 2chan.

Saving this glorious thread

guess everyone already left, huh