Chinese communism and animal mistreatment

Ok on /an/ someone said that when the commies took over china they said that treating animals well was bourgeoisie because well of chinese people would have pets and treat them well where as the poor couldn't afford such pets and the commies said animals should be treated as a tool for work and thats it.

They said this is why the chinese and other asian countries that were communist treated animals poorly.

Does anyone have any information on this theory?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5-d-G03390w&t=1s
youtube.com/watch?v=uFQhn8RW0Nk
youtube.com/watch?v=kUZ1YLhIAg8
bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/buddhism/buddhistethics/animals.shtml
hinduwebsite.com/hinduism/essays/animals.asp
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinto
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_and_animal_rights
independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/donkey-beaten-death-hammers-chinese-medicine-traditional-peta-china-asia-a8072081.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_meat#Europe.Also,
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lychee_and_Dog_Meat_Festival
petfinder.com/helping-pets/animal-cruelty/americas-animal-abuse-problem/
rollingstone.com/feature/belly-beast-meat-factory-farms-animal-activists
independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/faroe-islands-slaughter-pilot-whales-sea-blood-red-north-atlantic-iceland-denmark-ritual-tradition-a7798436.html
youtube.com/watch?v=5rwhRBEa8ng
youtube.com/watch?v=oEnjHm-M5Oc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Chinese are just animals themselves

Do Russians torture and eat dogs?

Do any of the former bloc countries do it?

sorry maybe i should rephrase it

its a maoist ideology

Chinese and to a lesser degree but larger extent Asians in general, have always treated animals like shit. Communism may have exacerbated it, but it's always been there. Chinese migrants from Canton got accused of the same shit in America in the railroad days.
>Bulgarian dog spinning
But idk. I think the premise of communism linked to animal mistreatment is weak to begin with.

Asians are sick fucks. They cook dogs alive, because they think it makes them taste better and while the dog is boiling they skin it alive...and laugh about it....don't look on live leak and see what I saw...can't be unseen. Koreans eat them too.

bet it tastes like chicken

fucking millenials and their sacred cow-dog loving
sage

im not even a fan of dogs and i find this unacceptable! this is clearly animal abuse but its nothing apart from the norm for the east... so cruel

Quite the opposite, actually. We have a very strong almost fanatical animals right lobby.

If you faggots are okay with eating mass-produced chickens and cows, you shouldn't have an issue with eating dogs, cats or any animal for that matter. Manu cultures eat dogs, not just the Chinese. Its a quirk of evolution, historical circumstance, and human agency. Shouldn't be a topic of amazement unless you're a close-minded Westerner whose only exposure to different cultures is through the internet.

Not communism. Look at abortion rates too. No value for a life of any kind. I blame thousands of years of idolatry and ancestor worship.

I am a close minded westerner, I don't like chinks and their culture

Mexicans treat animals like shit too.

they are not rational agents who analyze their behaviour and choises based on some moral principles, they are idiots who parrot what was written on /pol a week ago by someone else, or they are agents who try to invoke xenophobia to Chinese knowing that many young people read /pol and take it seriously

Cultures or animal preferences aside. They steal your dogs and butcher them in unhygienic environments. I'm pretty sure stealing is illegal there.

who are they? Poor people and hobos? They steal and eat everything everywhere.

nobody bred a dog. dogs dont like you. nobody bred a wolf. God made dogs. and like any other animal. we are not a part of that. they have their characteristics. dogs have never once gotten together and said "fuck this". they cant. the smarter animals still dont try and overtake us. they cant. but they react differently. this is all based on a myth that man took wolves into his house and shat out a chihuahua fucking 18,245 trillion years later. it never happened

I don't particularly have an issue with eating dogs or even if you want to have a dog farm and mass produce dogs for food if you do it humanely.

My issue is the mistreatment of animals that we see in the east and where it comes from?

Is it long embedded cultural thing or is it a thing that occurred due to communism?

>someone said something on an anonymous imageboard, so i'll accept it as truth without doing any independent investigation of my own
slice your fucking wrists nigger

they lack empathy

I don't care what you are told by a government, or how you are raised, if you have empathy you're not going to treat animals with the cruelty the Chinese regularly do

There are specific genes associated with empathy and we know that 50% of white men have the gene, whereas like 5% of black men do. That's because the study was done in the US, so we don't have numbers on Asians. But I would guess the number is low.

how did the chihuahua come to be?

Animals are treated like shit everywhere, not just China. Have you never seen footage from a US factory farm? The animals live a life of pure misery from the day they are born, until the day they're brutally killed by the people they trust and develop attachments too.

Anyone who eats meat should be fucking butchered. Eating meat should be punishable by execution.

Mistreatment of animals in China predates the cultural revolution.

Whether or not the cultural revolution exacerbated the problem, I don't know.

do you have a reading comprehension problem

see

Does anyone have any information on this theory?

God makes the big cats and the little cats. Makes the wolf and the chihuahua "precursor". man then breeds donkey and horse or zebra or happens in wild but lions dont lay house cats. these are all different. or hybridised animals. why would a wolf go in your house and then after a loooooooooooong ass time. and dead children. it decides to let you boil it and stuff

Breaks my heart everytime I think of the poor dogs in China. My wife wanted a small dog, so I got her a shih tzu. I didn't see it coming but I completely fell in love with the little shit. She's two years old next month and she is so friggin sweet, all she wants to do is love you and its nearly impossible to be in a bad mood around her. Even a friend of mine who wasn't crazy about dogs has become extremely fond of her. She's such a complex little animal, she has emotions like she can be happy just as easy as she can be scared and to think of dogs being treated like shit in China makes me believe they are truly without souls.

>My issue is the mistreatment of animals

See, there's your problem. Saying "MIStreatment" implies that there is a set standard of what is acceptable treatment for an animal, and inherently, there is not.

They are animals. Livestock. A commodity to be bought, sold, killed, eaten, etc. The idea that "humane" treatment needs to be observed is unfounded, unsupported, and akin to religious practices with no foundation in rationale.

If it's a thing that I can purchase and eat, it does not matter how that thing is treated. Kicking a dog is no different than kicking a chair. If you feel emptathy towards an animal, then it must follow that eating, owning, or lording over it is wrong. Anything else would be pure cognitive dissonance. Empathy applied to any commodity is unjustified "muh feels"

eating carnivores is the easiest way to get diseases

eating pets is wrong

and no I am not ok with factory farming

I will never feel bad about eating a chicken. They are heartless feathered dinosaurs. Dogs are mans best friend because of thousands of years of co-development. They deserve better than this and are unequivocally better than chickens and even cows.

>things that never happened

>Click here
This is some subhuman tier shit. Anyone who treats animals like this doesn't have a soul.

cool brah

I just went on live leak and saw chinese fur farms skin animals alive. One scene a skinned racoon dog on top of other bodies barely had strength and looked at the camera. Utterly broke my heart. Fuck is wrong with the chinese.

>you shouldn't have an issue with eating dogs, cats or any animal for that matter
I don't care what they do. It's part of their identity, and it's fine. But it's still contrary to European morality, so I think we can still judge the practice if we want, without actually dictating to them to do otherwise. It's their culture and sovereignty.

But with dogs in particular it is very cruel due to the bond and trust they develop with humans. I actually don't see the dog shit existing or being common at least in Asia in the next 100 years or so though thankfully. Hope so anyway.

>They are animals. Livestock. A commodity to be bought, sold, killed, eaten, etc.
If you view living things with feelings and intelligence as a commodity to be bought, sold, killed, eaten, etc, you should unironically be executed

stop torturing dogs

youtube.com/watch?v=5-d-G03390w&t=1s

howbout now?
youtube.com/watch?v=uFQhn8RW0Nk

youtube.com/watch?v=kUZ1YLhIAg8

>Livestock

Well theirs laws surrounding the treatment of animals in western countries when it comes to farming and keeping livestock. I'm not saying mistreatment doesn't happen in western nations but i would hazard a guess that the treatment of animals is better in the west than other countries.

I believe this is where the word humane comes from.

>Kicking a dog is no different than kicking a chair.

This is sort of the ideology I was concerned was purported by the maoists and is the reason animals are treated poorly in the east but I don't think its really true, I think the east has always treated animals poorly.

ooooh hiding behind a dictionary definition

I will have no problem kicking a ghoul like you in the face

>Commie flag
>knowing about food

Go starve somewhere else

>living things with feelings and intelligence

Certain bacteria demonstrate reaction to stimuli and a certain level of intelligence in responding to its environment. Did you step on any bacteria today? I guess we should execute you.

That's the problem with your thinking. The line for feelings and intelligence is completely arbitrary. It is applied by humans based on their feelies. How far down the intelligence ladder can we go before we say, "ok that's dumb enough to kick"?

Those dogs look like they are getting ready to me chopped up and sold as food

True. Initially, I thought Sup Forums was just people being stupid for shits n' giggles but the extent of brainwashing and the sheer ignorance of 90% of the posters here really rattled me.

>if i post the same fake news over and over again, it'll become true eventually
drink bleach nigger

>hiding behind a dictionary definition
My bad, I didn't realize that words didn't mean what they mean.

>I will have no problem kicking a ghoul like you in the face
Not an argument.

You hang around on Sup Forums long enough and this simple fact is born out over and over. It's the same reason that both the concept of human and animal rights - the ethical treatment of living things came out of western civilisation. And they have the fucking gall to tell white people that the world would be better off without us.

Living beings are different from chairs you soulless cretin. Empathy is a matter of feeling, not logic. It is what separates human beings from subhuman trash.

Bacteria don't love their children like pigs, cows, goats, etc. Bacteria don't mourn their dead. Bacteria don't have any conscious awareness or ability to feel pain. Bacteria don't develop attachments to humans. Fucking moronic comparison

hows Venezuela going these days mate?

>the ethical treatment of living things came out of western civilisation.
lmfao

>I think the east has always treated animals poorly.

bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/buddhism/buddhistethics/animals.shtml

hinduwebsite.com/hinduism/essays/animals.asp

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinto

>the ethical treatment of living things came out of western civilisation

hinduism, buddhism and shintoism say all life is to be respected

there is nothing in judaism or christianity about respect for animals

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_and_animal_rights

you were saying?

Millions of donkeys 'beaten to death with hammers' to make traditional Chinese medicine

>independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/donkey-beaten-death-hammers-chinese-medicine-traditional-peta-china-asia-a8072081.html

hurr muh ancient chinese medicine will heal you if i hammer this donkey to death

also have you heard of the seperation of the church and the state that occurred in western countries right?

>My bad, I didn't realize that words didn't mean what they mean.
you are tax cattle, livestock, so then you should not be afforded any rights either

>Not an argument.
neither is your rationale that kicking a dog is no different than kicking a chair

They still cut off peoples hands as punishment in Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Somalia and Yemen. The only reason why this image offends is because of the concept of human rights that came out of western civilisation.

Some muslim fucks that chimped out in India and decided to take it out on elephants. Niggers like you shouldn't post here. If you are trying to make a point at least show that you know what the fuck are you posting. Swear to God this fucking board needs a redditcide of its own.

We should cut off the jiggers trigger finger as punishment

The difference is Americans fought a catastrophic civil, killing hundreds of thousands of our own people, to make sure those atrocities would never happen again, while the Africans are still gruesomely murdering each other over nonsense, like like they were for thousands of years before we got there, just like they'll be doing until the end of time.

Get the fuck out of here with this false equivalence bullshit you turd, you should be fucking ashamed of yourself.

Again there is nothing hard and fast about dogs being mans best friend due to evolution. Dogs were domesticated because they were useful. So were cows, cats, goats, pigs and chicken. Ultimately, man decides what is, or isn't, useful, and if so, for what purpose. Dogs are great for protection and companionship but during times of food shortages and crisis, they are also useful sources of protein. It was consumed in that fashion in Europe too: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_meat#Europe.Also, the Chinese aren't an entire nation of dog eaters: "Millions of Chinese voted in support of a legislative proposal by Zhen Xiaohe, a deputy to the National People’s Congress of China, to ban the dog meat trade.[16] Chinese celebrities such as Fan Bingbing, Chen Kun, Sun Li and Yang Mi have publicly expressed a distaste for the festival."
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lychee_and_Dog_Meat_Festival

see you don't understand i'm not arguing the christianity or whatever treated animals poorly i'm not even arguing animals in the west are being treated well

i was just asking why do we see all this animal cruelty in the east?

This is in Beijing. Food etc left out for stray cats. I could post a ton like this. So ... ?

>being such a historical illiterate that you've never heard of of king leopold ii and the congo free state
lmao

Pretty much this.
It's like saying all whites are inbred pussies that fuck their dogs.

wasn't the civil war about taxes?

its a trap

>leftists in the west protect animals
>leftists in china abuse them

How the fuck did that happen

In 2007, UN FAO statistics indicated that Indians had the lowest rate of meat consumption in the world.[55] India has more vegetarians than the rest of the world put together.[56] In India, vegetarianism is usually synonymous with lacto vegetarianism. Most restaurants in India clearly distinguish and market themselves as being either "non-vegetarian", "vegetarian", or "pure vegetarian". Vegetarian restaurants abound, and many vegetarian options are usually available. Animal-based ingredients (other than milk and honey) such as lard, gelatin, and meat stock are not used in the traditional cuisine. India has devised a system of marking edible products made from only vegetarian ingredients, with a green dot in a green square. A mark of a brown dot in a brown square conveys that some animal-based ingredients were used. Products like honey, milk, or its direct derivatives are often categorized under the green mark.[57]

and why do you think up to 40% of indians are vegetarian?

these practices are backwards and need to be stopped, but to say the east has never been kind to animals is retarded with cherry picked examples

>why do you think up to 40% of indians are vegetarian?
it isn't by choice

> but to say the east has never been kind to animals is retarded with cherry picked examples

i was being a bit of a cunt but you don't hear about practices like that in the west

Exactly 6 gorrilion donkeys oy vey!

> 40% of Indians are vegetarian
too poor to afford meat
> cherry picked examples
the point is that the Chinese don't give a fuck that animals are treated this way

there's a difference between slaughtering animals en masse, and torturing them. it's one thing to be apathetic toward animal suffering, but another to take joy in it. asians are fucking sociopathic.

I was specifically responding to someone who thought western civ is responsible for the concept of animal rights and respect

asia does need strong animal cruelty laws, the general attitude/treatment towards animals varies by country and region

the west does treat its pets well, and asian animal rights groups are growing

but why do you permit all this animal cruelty in the west?

petfinder.com/helping-pets/animal-cruelty/americas-animal-abuse-problem/

rollingstone.com/feature/belly-beast-meat-factory-farms-animal-activists

independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/faroe-islands-slaughter-pilot-whales-sea-blood-red-north-atlantic-iceland-denmark-ritual-tradition-a7798436.html

>too poor to afford meat
sorry to break your bubble there Bruce, but that is blatant ignorance. Meat eating is associated with lower castes (untouchables, Dalits and so on) and Muslims. Within orthodox hinduism, there is a strong association of spirituality with vegetarianism in particular and cleanliness in general. The richest communities here: Marwaris (the jews of India), most Brahmins, Jains and so on, are all strictly veg. Meat eating is despised by them because it is associated with lower professions and impurity.

>too poor to afford meat
perhaps for some, but you don't think the national religion and avoiding karma has something to do with it? which is why they label everything whether it has meat or not

if it was just a price thing, they wouldn't need to label

and hinduism predates western civilization

>the point is that the Chinese don't give a fuck that animals are treated this way
I'm not saying they treat them well, china is the worst for animals and it needs to change
it is a mistake to say the entire east is like china

for me its more a coorporate thing bottom line is driving this sort of shit

the west has to be fed and laws get thrown by the wayside when theirs money to be made

Actually it tastes like horse.

>i was being a bit of a cunt but you don't hear about practices like that in the west

yes, animal abuse happens less in the west, and this is something the east will adopt from the west in time, hopefully sooner rather than later

but animal rights are not a unique western idea
adherence to animal rights is stronger in the west, that is all

Have you seen the way cows and pigs are treated in America?

>but user those are food animals
So are you, get over it.

t. communist

>but animal rights are not a unique western idea
>adherence to animal rights is stronger in the west, that is all

that sounds like a logical fallacy to me

>Have you seen the way cows and pigs are treated in America?

enlighten us

>there's a difference between slaughtering animals en masse, and torturing them

youtube.com/watch?v=5rwhRBEa8ng

youtube.com/watch?v=oEnjHm-M5Oc

and what is bullfighting?
which still persists to this day

I don't have an issue with dogs getting eaten, despite owning 3 myself. I DO have an issue with the literal torture that they undergo before they finally die. And before you sling shit my way about chickens and cows, I don't eat beef (family hunts deer, so we are loaded up on red meat year-round) and I vote with my wallet regarding chickens (free range organic chickens and eggs). Organic milk. Butter is pic related.

there is no logical fallacy, just the limits of your reading comprehension

it's like saying america invented gunpowder because it has more guns and are more enthusiastic about its uses

Oh, and here's my dog food, in case someone is gonna sling shit about what I feed my dogs. Feel free to do the research about them.

you know what i'm saying and your analogy is shit

>have always treated animals like shit
Chinese treated dogs very well during Tang dynasty. Moreover, modern Japanese treat dogs and cats very well, though they don't towards whales.

Also, many people don't know this, but during the pre-Islamic era in Iran, traditional Zoroastrians treated cats horribly, but they treated dogs with reverence. However, there were vegetarian Zoroastrian unorthodox schools like Mazdakites and Manichees, who were persecuted. Interestingly, Qarmatians were faux-Islamic vegetarians big in Iran too, but they died out.

>Moreover, modern Japanese treat dogs and cats very well
Only if said dogs are young. If the dogs are even middle aged, and the owner has to give them up, they are put down almost immediately.

animal rights emerged in hinduism before western civilization began

just as gunpowder was invented in china

however both animal rights and uses of gunpowder are greater in the west

it's a perfect analogy

>If the dogs are even middle aged, and the owner has to give them up, they are put down almost immediately.
There have been recent efforts to improve on this. A lot of their recent artwork also raises awareness of such concerns, such as MPD: Animal Unit.

what i was saying and i guess i have to tell you is the places actually practicing animal rights are better than the places that are saying they are practicing animal rights

>animal rights emerged in hinduism before western civilization began
But did they actually make vegetarianism a part of the Karmic laws? Even back then, the extent and scope of Ahimsa was debated.

I think only Manichaeism, Mazdakism, and some Gnostic schools were the most overt vegetarian religions in the past. The idea of putting flesh to one's lips was seen as "intrinsically evil".

Glad to hear that. Best dog I ever had I got when he was 8 years old. Dude was super fucking chill, and just wanted to be near people. Pets were fine and good, but if he could just sit next to you on the couch or something, he was happy. I miss the fuck out of the little dude, even though I only had him for 2 years before he died, and it's been 4 years since he passed.

True and fair points. On reflection I must admit that ethical treatment of humans and animals is not an exclusively western concept anymore than cruelty is is the sole province of non-whites. China still sucks.

>though they don't towards whales.
I think it's unfair to level this against all japanese
#notalljapanese

if they had a vote on whether to continue whaling or not, then they would stop it

the same way we don't hold all europeans responsible for farore islands dolphin/porpoise massacres

depends on the owner, don't pretend like you don't have dog kennels in the west, however dogs have not typically been a large part of japanese society

and like with all pets, they should not be given out as novelties

My mom has a maltese, but I want to adopt a Golden Retriever when I can save more money. I actually rescued a Golden Retriever relatively recently.

I like all animals but fish, snakes, and squids.

You make a valid point. Animal abuse is not exclusive to any particular race, though certain ideologies tend to foster such attitudes.