What kind of character development is this?

What kind of character development is this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=21mHYWbYZuU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pretty good one

Shit-tier

Ugly tranny

At least it's better than having her hair cut short.

An unironically good one. She has a clear motivation and values that track believably from her background as it's uncovered and just as believably lead her to ruin.

The really sad part is that she's actively asking Shinji for help in EoE and he doesn't make it on time.

AND NOW I'VE LOST IT

After all the shit she's done, she deserves it. Fucking cunt.

He does in the manga, I guess Yui was feeling more in a break-the-Bakelite mood.

He was set up for failure in advance. That's what happens when you've got shitty parents.

Not that it matters cause she ends up dying anyway

>It's Kaji
Being Shinji is suffering.

What does that have to do with Shinji?

She gets better. Manga ending is superior except for Rei not coming back. Manga Rei was based. Actually, everyone in the manga was better, except for Gendo (who lost any sympathetic points) and Kaworu (who acts like a sociopath).

He held hands with Rei, Asuka was too pure for him anyway.

the manga is worse than the TV show/EoE in literally everything

It's just a bit sad that even with a big damn hero moment and saving someone's life, Shinji still was not connected enough to anyone else in the world to appear as their Tang Jesus.

he was connected enough to rei for her to let him literally decide the fate of humankind

He probably would have been Rei's, considering he was the first person to ever care about her just for being herself.

>even with a big damn hero moment
>Tvtropes terms

No. Not on this board

>H-how'd you recognize it then, you autist
I was young once, until I outgrew the website. Now leave.

Teenagers are not suposed to be wapons, they have to be raisen to be wapons.
Aparently MARDUK needs not just teenagers but teenagers with a tragic history easyer to break,
That is suposed to be the trainment maybe.

>"i outgrew the website"
>literally telling other people to 'leave' an anonymous internet imageboard

The second Rei saw Gendo as her last vision before dying, not Shinji. The third Rei couln't care less about any of them.

>wapons
>easyer
>trainment

Pretty much, he straight chooses the concept of suffering itself over nothing or anything else. But it's manga so Rei's a close second place.

>Autistically throws tvtropes around like people understand what he's saying
>Bewildered when told to leave

You're lowering the level of discussion. So yes, I'm telling you to leave.

Yeah, because the Commander was her father figure. Besides, she was going to blow herself up for Shinji, and we have the Armisael corrupted part attempting to merge with Shinji with Rei wondering if that's her real desire. At that point, you don't really need to give Shinji the "last person you see" thing, we already know she cares about him.

Third Rei started Instrumentality for Shinji, stating that Shinji was calling her and seemingly planning on spending the rest of eternity with him in the world of Instrumentality.

you assume two different posts are made by the same person in an, once again, anonymous website

I assumed "Tang Jesus" was another one and it was blatant bait.

Nice try. We both know they were.

prove it

God, you're insufferable.

Manga Kaworu is autism moe, though.

so i guess you couldn't come up with anything witty

disappointing

>see the argument
>open /trash/ ironically
>first thread is hitlerally pony inflation

I'm not here to entertain you. I'm here to tell you to fuck off.

Sorry you became a casualty. After japmoot opened /trash/ as a place for off topic threads to go without getting deleted, the worst kinds of people saw it as them finally getting a board and took residence.

> Third Rei started Instrumentality for Shinji
I would argue that her primary motivation there was to cuck Gendo out of instrumentality for using her as a tool. She chose Shinji merely because she knew the previous Rei had sacrificed herself for him. The third Rei herself talked to Shinji like 2 times total, she didn't know him as a person, let alone loved him. She just assumed he was a good match for her because the second Rei felt that way.

i thought you wanted to raise the level of discussion

yet you have not posted a single word related to the topic in this thread

I genuinely can't tell if he does or doesn't know that he's acting like a dick. Because he acts like a dick. He snaps some kitten's neck "because it's more merciful then letting it live", calls Rei stupid for sacrificing herself right in front of a heartbroken Shinji (who then proceeds to punch him)...man.

It depends on which version you're looking at, really. Manga version has it definitely be that Rei III (who has the same memories as Rei II apparently, given her talk with Shinji) cares about Shinji, while EoE is more ambiguous.

the rei clones are all the same soul

He doesn't know.
In the Manga, Kaworu is three days old and naive about literally everything.
He's so autistic it's actually kind of funny.

The worst part is mods now delete jokes and memes by the numbers. I've seen so much moderation the last 3 days. And in the hundreds of posts that disappeared like the ghost of christmas past I've only seen one that was a personal attack.
So making an ironic thread or a general, or simply making fun of the user above you is off limits now, but for some reason posting horse cock or horse inflation isn't.

>planning on spending the rest of eternity with him in the world of Instrumentality
She does that anyway. She has his whole life to flip through.

Literally true because he was in sitting in EVA-01 when it got stigmata'd, but I guess I didn't phrase it quite correctly. I don't think Rei-III giving Shinji that authority was due to any kind of significant interpersonal connection between them, but rather because of circumstances and aversion to Gendo's plan. If something more is implied, it seemed ambiguous to me.

I actually pulled Tang Jesus out of my ass asspull when writing my post, but may have heard it before somewhere.

Nope, that's a different user replying to you. I was more bemused than offended and wasn't going to otherwise bother replying. Happy holidays, user-kun.

> the rei clones are all the same soul
Soul isn't the same as mind in eva, though. There's no indication that memories are stored in the soul, in fact, Rei III does NOT remember the Armisael fight and doesn't share Rei II's affection for Gendo either.

>because he was in sitting in EVA-01
this is pretty irrelevant. gendo was going to be the decider and he was as far away from that position as you could be. lilith could have simply chosen nobody and just done the deal as the advanced lifeform she is, but she decided to let shinji be god.

Shinji is unneccessary.

Lilith only hears Shinji's wish because of where he's sitting when GNR/EVA-01 merge. Gendo didn't need that because he had worked to make sure Rei-III/Lilith would hear his. Still, you raise a good point regarding Lilith granting Shinji's wish over ignoring it.

If the reason that Rei-III/Lilith chose to grant Shinji's wish was due to a deeper connection to Shinji, where did it come from? Maybe I'm missing something, but if we exclude Yui and Rei-II's memories, I'm just not sure where Rei-III/Lilith would be drawing that from.

Her conscious memories are scrambled, her feelings persist. She got mad at glasses, started crying out of nowhere, and didn't know what the fuck.

>>weapons
>>easier
>>training

Thank you

i already said it

all rei clones are the same soul. the events only unfold like they do because of shinji's connection with rei ii. it's also the most coherent thing from a storytelling and character standpoint, regardless of the plot mechanics

Reminder that Shinji is canonicaly heterosexual.
>Speaking about the blushing, is it because Shinji was happy that someone said they like him?
>Anno: Yes, Shinji-kun really didn't experience carnal desire there *laugh*.
Confirmed by Anno himself.

>misato please stay home, I want you all to myself

SPARKLING ANGEL

I BELIEVE

YOU WERE MY SAVIOUR IN MY TIME OF NEED

YOU TOOK MY HEART

DECEIVED ME RIGHT FROM THE START

kaworufaggots never understood anything

I hope this means I get to marry Kaworu-kun

>telling a women to cover up and not wear revealing clothes
Nah, he's as gay as they come. What a fucking faggot.

Nah, just autistic

>She got mad at glasses, started crying out of nowhere, and didn't know what the fuck.

Literally just described a typical woman.

Same thing, honestly.

He also does it in the N64 game (although he arrives late, it has a happy ending without choking)

>happy ending without choking
Something's off here.

violent tsundere

youtube.com/watch?v=21mHYWbYZuU

For real