Would you rather be a Pokemon trainer or a Stand user?

Would you rather be a Pokemon trainer or a Stand user?

Stand, it's the original. Pokemon copied it

Pokeymans trainer.

You only get one stand... unless you have one that steals or copies other abilities. With pokeymans you can catch whatever one you want.

Pokemon arent unique though. You have your own stand a power that no one else in the world can have. So unless you get an unlucky one that is either automated and doesnt obey you or involves you dying then you are probably set.

Read pokemon special and you can be both.

Stand user, that way I dont need to rely on anyone else but me

Pokemon trainer. Jojofags are cancer.

>Stands are unique
>The World / Star Platinum

Unique my ass

The world was like a star platinum with a body kit and a gaudy gold wrap lmao

haven't had a hivemind moment in a while lmao

>Normal World with a random power and hundreds of other users fated to try killing you.
>Technologically advanced world where hard work and effort actually pays off.

Pokemon

2 stands out of like what? Over 100 relevant characters? Nice sample size, that's like a 1 % chance to have a similar stand to another whereas you will NEVER have a unique pokemon.

Stand to be honest
Even though i'd only use it so i can get comfy and live my life like a plant

>So unless you get an unlucky one that is either automated and doesnt obey you or involves you dying then you are probably set.

Yeah, but there's always a chance that you'll get a stand that actively harms you (Cheap Trick) or at least requires you to be harmed for it to work (Ebony Devil, Highway to Hell, Notorious B.I.G.).

>backpedalling this hard

Remember gen IV remakes are coming.
Remember pokemon stars is coming.
>Pokemon Star Platinum

i'd live longer as pokemon trainer. also could fuck gardevoirs.

Having a stand is a great way to get MURDERED. I'll take the magical pet.

Pokemon because I'm a normal shitter without insane willpower who will probably get something like Cheap Trick or Superfly.

Define unique? They have different stats, abilities and personalities. Many different builds are possible, even if tourneyfaggots use the same shit. Even common 3dpdspace animals aren't uniformly the same within the same species.

as opposed to all of the cases in the anime where the Pokemon don't listen or straight up harm their owner.

stands are also partially based on willpower and whatnot, so if you get a bad one its because you deserve it

youve proven your point, there is one example of a stand having a pseudo duplicate (ignoring za warudo being better at stopping time but weaker at combat). the overwhelmingly vast majority of stands are unique- and SP and ZW were probably only similar due to dio having jonathans body and whatnot

the kids in part 4 got fairly cool stands, and they weren't anything too special

Their only difference was the user, not the stand.
Jotaro picked up real fast how to stop time compared with Dio who had been practicing for longer.

The only reason he didn't get better at it was because he was too busy with his post grad shit.

Pokemon, because in the jojo world i would probably be either a bystander or a victim
And in the pokemon world i can have ayy lmaos as pets

What if Stands were Pokemon?

>killer queen vs pikachu

>whereas you will NEVER have a unique pokemon.
Gonna have to call bullshit on that one.

If your special snowflakery level is high enough, you can.

I always thought this was just Greninja's Mega Evolution.

I would much prefer being a cute little girl who drinks tea and eats cake all day while talking about cute things with her cute girlfriends

In the games, yes. In the anime, it's treated as Ash's exclusive form.

>In the games, yes.
In the games, it's an ability that activates when you kill an opponent, only available on a special event Greninja. It's even still called Ash-Greninja.

I can't fuck my stand

so Pokemon trainer

You wanna be Jolyne?

Get one stand or a harem of pokemon.

That's like saying you can never have a unique human because we're all the same species. Different Pokemon of the same species have their own thoughts, feelings, and personalities. Not to mention they can learn to utilize different abilities. Going by anime/more "realistic" rules than the games you could probably teach a Pokemon to perform an attack that one of its species has never learned before.

MACHAMP VS STAR PLATINUM

Technically you probably could fuck your stand, the whole "stands only being able to damage other stands" thing is kind of shaky and since stands can damage non-stands you could probably fuck it but just not hurt it.

Or if you had a stand like Yellow Temperance that has a shapeshifting physical form, you could definitely fuck it.

If I got a useful stand ability like Star Platinum or Killer Queen it'd be really nice, but even if it didn't require you to be in the Jojoverse there's still the chance that other people would get stands and then you have to deal with gravity and fighting them and shit.

I'm a bigger Pokemon fan and the Pokemon world seems generally friendly and easy to get by in, so I'd have to choose that. Pokemon battles are also purely recreational and not obligatory, so there's that.

why not a stand user who can catch other stands in balls and battle other stands users with them

Couldn't a Stand user also be a Pokemon trainer?

Anorexia's a bitch.

theoretically, but living like that would be an absolute nightmare

Pokemon. I can fly, sail across water, straight up teleport, and travel beneath the sea. Meanwhile I can always end up getting a shitty stand.

>has the world over heaven as a stand
>pokemon team consists of all legendaries

>anime Pikachu
>anime Charizard
>anime Greninja
What are you going to do ?
Nobody can survive the power of asspull.

TWOH can rewrite the reality of anything it punches.

Hit any of those once and Ash is fucked.

Still better than this

Who would win in a fight? Jotaro before he unlocks Star Platinum THE WORLD, or Mako Mankanshoku in her two star uniform?

Pokemon trainer.

I can catch just about any pokemon I want and travel

being a Stand user would be a mixed bag because who knows what type of Stand I would get and it could be lame.

Yeah, and your Pokemon could have Stands too.

Stand type and power is related to your personality. If you have a shitty personality you could get an awful stand, but on the other side even weak stands are tuned to your personality, which means you should get something you would consider useful.

The only benefit Stands have over Pokemon is that other people can't see your Stand but they can see your Pokemon. Also if you're a shit person then your stand is probably going to be weak.

That sounds wrong. Hermit Purple sucks in spite of how awesome Joseph is.

But it allowed lots of trickery for Joseph, and that is his thing

What I was thinking.
Would train and fuck Gardevoirs, Lurantis and Tsareenas for the rest of my life. Have Lilligants for hugs and pats.

Does that mean Notorious B.I.G. wanted to die?

If you have pokemon, other trainers will force you to fight them, but if you have stand, other stand users will will be attracted to you through GRAVITY. Seems stressful either way, I just want a quiet life.

You could be the only one who uses it in a unique way, making it your signature.

Not to mention shinies and their size variations.

>infinitely extendable whip
>conducts the ripple
>allows clairvoyancy with pretty much any medium
>sucks

>compared to lightspeed punches
>compared to unstoppable power
>compared to healing shit with your fists
>compared to bringing any medium to life
>compared to removing actual fragments of time to effectively make you immortal

Nah. His stand isn't useless but it's pretty shit.

Maybe if he bothered to master the Ripple further and not be a playboy then he'd be better off but having a stand thats basically a whip that gives you vague ass future predictions that your enemy can also see is far from good for a stand.

If he wasn't as superhuman as he is because of Hamon then it'd be useless for the most part.

It's not necessarily ased on your personality, it's more of a combination of your nature, desires, and intrinsic abilities.

ie.
Joseph gets Hermit Purple because it compliments his Hamon and craftiness.

Jotaro gets Star Platinum because he's a hardcore badass who never loses his cool.

Josuke gets Crazy Diamond and Giorno gets Gold Experience because they act like a tough delinquents but actually have hearts of gold. The stands both have highly offensive abilities on the surface but their secondary abilities fix things and foster life.

Jolyne gets Stone Free because she's extremely clever and creative, like Joseph.

Sometimes it's random or just tangentially related, though.

Stand user probably. They're both pretty cool, but a stand is more like you're doing it than a pokemon, and would probably end up being more useful than pokemon

If someone who actively trained their Hamon had Hermit Purple then it would be pretty great. Basically infinite rope a la Stone Free without unraveling yourself, throw Hamon on it and it's a live wire. It also projects itself straight forward, making it a good projectile weapon or grappling hook that can instantly be dispersed. Wrap it around your body and you have thorny armor, although that'd only be useful to protect against stand attacks.

Jonathan's version was presumably better than Joseph's because DIO knew about stands longer and had time to practice with it. If that's the case then you could eventually use any display as a security camera to keep track of anything in the world.

Honed Hermit Purple is far from shit, you just gotta be creative with how you use it.

Hazamada definitely fucked Surface

>roll gacha at birth for a good stand or go on a stupid quest to find an arrow that might not even work on you
or
>build a team of motherfuckers to fuck up kids in glorified rooster fights and take their money
The choice is pretty obvious.

Stand users attract other stand users so gotta go with Pokemon trainer, rather not be killed by a gay posing ghost

>people are actually choosing pokemon trainer
>people exist who would prefer to dedicate their entire life to glorified dogfights than effectively become a superhero without the downsides

Good grief.

>stands involve life or death battles with freaks, killers, and psychos
>pokemon is a fun romp across the country with the occasional friendly rivalry or a team of "evil doers" that have all been bested by children
How is this a question? There's also way more cute girls that come with Pokemon.

If Pokemon decided to be less of a kid's show, we'd see these supposedly globally infamous criminal syndicates doing actually evil things with their living killer machines that do everything they are commanded.
But, since this debate is simply about the universes as is, Pokemon is a lot friendlier. Unless you're a Stand user like Tonio who doesn't really have to go through a lot of drama.

>Being either
>Not being a hamon user

how did pokemon copy stands?

Don't you know? Everything copied JoJo

>tfw you use the Hamon Breathing Technique

>not using the spin
I bet you can't even pierce dimensional walls

Shove your autism ball up your ass until you shit a golden ratio.

Stands easily. Pokemon are alright but Stands are fucking Stands. That and I was always a digimon kid growing up anyway.

it really depends

if i become a pokemon trainer does that mean i get to live in the pokemon world or do i stary in this world

if i have to stay here then a stand would be realy useful

But if i get to go the pokemon world, then i would definitely like to be a trainer more

I'm not gay so i choose to became Pokemon Trainer.

Pokemon Trainer. Stands don't really lend themselves well to friendly competition.

>not catching them all
How can stands even compete?

It depends, am I the only who gets a stand or everybody in the world can get a stand? Same question but for pokemon. If everybody gets one then pokemon, if only I get one then stand.

That's just plot convenience. Araki's couldn't have him stealing Jotaro's thunder.

Stand users attract stand users so i'll probably die in 3 days unless i get an op stand