Has any anime fulfilled the "it gets better" meme for you? Like has any anime been boring or shit...

Has any anime fulfilled the "it gets better" meme for you? Like has any anime been boring or shit, and then jumped to amazing after you had seen all its episodes?

sailor moon
took more than twenty episodes for me to actually get into, but the payoff was so worth it

STEINS;GATE epitomizes this for me. I was VERY close to completely dropping it 2-3 eps in after getting annoyed by Daru and Mayuri generally talking like retards and Okabe being some sort of autist/savant. Glad I didn't

Evangelion only became interesting after it went from episodic super robot anime to being more psychological in episode 16 (Splitting of the Breast), or rather in 14 when an ongoing plot and mystery appeared.

Occultic;Nine, just this season.

Not anime but Muv Luv is the king of the waiting game. I still like Extra but damn does it get good, many many hours in. Even in Alt you don't see the "enemy" until about halfway.

This so much.

Anime with a Terrible First Episode because they used a timeskip to show future events, but the future of the show sucks and its the buildup to that point that is what made it great.

Berserk - 1997 First Episode is black swordsman crap... such a turn off, but the golden age arc.... such goodness.

Gungrave - First Episode and the beyond the grave shit... Episode 2 to 15 is really good, then they go half-retard.

Anime that just started boring and slow but.. got fucking better...

Planetes.

One piece. Took me around 50 or 60 episodes to get into it.

Samurai Flamenco

Since I didn't know anything about Tatami Galaxy it only got interesting to me after 5 episodes or so. Still, that's a great anime.

Not even memeing, but JJBA. Didn't get interesting until part 3 (like 25 eps in), stand battles were definitely than magic kung-fu bullshit

Utena

Madoka was boring garbage until the last few episodes about Homura and her story.

Literally goes from 6/10 to 9/10 because of it

Ashita no Joe. It takes about 15 episodes before an actual boxing match occurs, but I was hooked afterwards.

Texhnolyze.

Nanoha. While I enjoyed the beginning of the show it is a perfect example of the first 4 episodes being significantly different in tone than the rest (3rd season and beyond can go fuck off, just saying)

I came here to post this.

Ange Vierge. I almost dropped it on episode 3 but it eventually became my favorite show of the year.

Kino no tabi a bit. The first episode starts out so slowly. Then the second episode begins and is real slow again but the ending grabs your attention and just reels you in. Its the kind of patient plotting direction you don't see very often but its very satisfying.

Steins gate, FMA Brotherhood but most notably the JoJo series.

JoJo started with a mediocre part 1, then evolved into a great anime after part 2 and according to mangafags the manga it's still great after part 4, which is the last to be adapted.

And Cowboy Bebop as OP suggested

I've been going through the Monogatari series this month. I'm only up to the end of SS but so far it's a bizarre experience. Almost any given episode in isolation is horribly boring with just endless dialogue very little else happening. But the collective strength of the writing and characters makes the series as a whole so much more interesting to the point where I have a net enjoyment of the show. It makes me wonder what the books are like and whether it would be even better in that form.

Haibane Renmei

One Piece is actually getting objectively worse like it always had highs and lows because of strong arcs and fillers but the most recent episodes are really bad.

Gintama. It really took 7 episodes before there was a single scene I considered really funny, but it eventually became one of my favorite anime series and it seemed to just get better at least for a while.

Last season was weaker than usual though, but still entertaining.

That fucking Lacrosse game
Quite a few

I actually don't think I have. Generally it's pretty easy to tell the quality of something even early on. Closest is probably Sakura no Uta, which has an incredibly slow start but even then is interspersed with good moments

LOGH The first 10 or so episodes are underwhelming.

>JoJo
Seconding this.

Code Geass - Took me a month to get past the first 6 or so episodes. I disliked the artstyle too much to keep watching, but after a friend kept telling me to watch the entire thing I kept going and loved it.

Steins;Gate - Not really all that appealing for the first 3 episodes. When shit hit the fan though I was completely hooked. One of my favourite anime ever since.

Neon Genesis Evangelion - Good but not great until halfway through. Once I got past the first half and move towards EoE, I realized how great it was.

Agreed, I didn't like the first episode much, but with some persuasion I watched it all, and loved every second of it. Plus it's quality only seems to get better over time.

Well, Shinsekai Yori gets better as you watch it but I loved it from start to finish this. I can't recall a single show I liked that I didn't enjoy from the very beginning.

gundam 00

the entire first season sucked and i didnt watch s2 for years, but s2 and the movie changed my mind about it

Seriously? I thought it was unanimously agreed that the second season and the movie are far inferior to the second season.

it is but people are plebs. first season is just code geass that takes itself too seriously. second season is pretty bad but at least it tries to convey something. the movie is great and people have retarded reasons for hating on it.

Trickster this season has.
It started off boring but since the main villain has gotten involved/Hanasake has had his fall from grace it has been quite compelling.

Shiki, I was interested or bored enough to keep watching and when shit hit the fan it hit hard.
I've never seen so much buildup with such a satisfying payoff.

boku no pico

Eight episodes in. Does it get better?

Sweetness and Lightning. By episode 4, it got stale and boring, I forced myself to watch episode 5 where it got slightly better and introduced some new characters. But after watching episode 6, I was hooked, the show only got better after that.

I dropped SamFlam after Monkey Trouble showed up and it stopped being a more lighthearted version of Kick-Ass. Does the twist eventually have a good payoff?

Clannad.

But there is best moment in the series that putting the Ice cube his vagina in episode 1

Trying to be objective here, I think people enjoyed it because it was "lolsorandumb" so every week people were wondering what kind of ridiculous shit happens next. As someone who watched it by himself without sharing dank memes with a bunch of autists on an anonymous imageboard, I'd say it's a pretty mediocre show.

It keeps getting crazier and crazier. If you didn't like what you watched of it so far I can't guarantee you'll like the rest but I think it's wroth watching at least for the experience. I personally think it's amazing and one of the best Anime series in recent years.