5. Gundam
6. Gate
7. Osomatsu-san
8. Hibike 2
9. New game!
9. Drifters

>Gate

How did Flip Flappers do?

My favorite of the top 10 list is Hibike; haven't watched Jojo/YoI/GATE/fujomatsu/the latest Gundam, and of the others I thought Re:Zero was mediocre, KonoSuba/New Game! were pretty decent, and Hibike is good other than lagging in the first arc.

Well that's japanese youtube for you.

Male:
1. "Re:Zero -Starting Life in Another World-" (8.3%)
2. "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable" (7.8%)
3. "KONOSUBA -God's blessing on this wonderful world!" (6.7%)
4. "Mobile Suit GUNDAM Iron Blooded Orphans" (4.5%)
5. "GATE" (3.6%)

Female:

1. "Yuri!!! On ICE" (14.5%)
2. "Osomatsu-san" (7.2%)
3. "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable" (5.9%)
4. "Touken Ranbu - Hanamaru" (5.64%)
5. "Mob Psycho 100" (4.1%)

>No keijo

>bring on the third nuke.

Konosuba saving that horrible list.

Keijo is trash. If you seriously enjoy it you're probably underage.

>1. "Re:Zero -Starting Life in Another World-" (8.3%)

>1. "Yuri!!! On ICE" (14.5%)

Oh fucking Great, now we'll be getting even more shitty isekai/fujobait.

konosuba is garbage and so is that list.

Women flock to Yuri on Ice more than men to ReZero. Maybe its just because Yuri on Ice suited their tastes a lot better than ReZero for men, but maybe not.

I put all the blame for that on the end of episode 18

>How did Flip Flappers do?
Nobody watches that shit.

Yeah honestly I think YoI was just better for women than ReZero was for men.

JOJO NEVER LOSES BABY

Look at the sales
Women have more buying power now and are actually spending more. They have even less standard compare to male otaku and are more willing to spend on trash.

>standards
>watching anime
Sure

More than women aren't buying male shows to ship men together now that they have their own.

Mobfags BTFO along with their fujobait show.

Why did Gate even make it?

It's 8th on male list

Japan have the best taste as usual.
JOJO AND Re:Zero for life.

You'd be surprised at how many Fujos are into Re:Zero. Julius and Reinhard are seen shipped with Subaru a lot in fanart and such.

Julius is justified since a side story implies he has feelings for Reinhard, so he is most likely gay.

I'm sure some like, but I'd guess they just prefer Yuri on Ice.

Well obviously Yuri on ice would be times more appealing for Fujos.

Animated Canon BL> implied BL in a side story.

Thing is fujo pandering is a lot more centralized, so you have 15 shows targeting X demographic and then you have 2 targetting Y demographic, it should be obvious Y shows will be much more succefull than any produed in the X demographic.
Of course, this will die down in a few years as more and more companies try to pander to fujos.

>They have even less standard compare to male otaku and are more willing to spend on trash.
That doesn't make much sense considering that 3 things on the female list are more well made and ambitious than anything on the male list. Yuri on Ice is one of the best sports shows in a long time, Re Zero is an edgy rehash of a generic story people have been complaining about for years.

Garbage like this entire year.

as per usual women have better taste

The part about no standards doesn't make much sense since shows fujos and other women flock are on average much better than the otaku pandering stuff men latch onto. Just look at the damn list.

Rezero barely even sold 10k

Everything in the fujo list easily sold triple of reddit zero.

>jojo

There was a lot of fujobait this season. Women just picked one (Yuri on Ice) and ran with it. You can see that with how high YoIs percentage is in comparison to ReZero.

Mob didn't sell as much as Re:Zero (it did do well with women/fujos tho)

>harems/cute girls popular among man
>BL popular among woman
>no one cares about sakuga, art, story except rare exceptions and popular franchises with already strong audience
>normal peopel don't cares about anime except big names or trend things
>BD sales still main outcome
>BL grow stronger
Nothing changed. BL will rule industry.

I belive Konosuba in list not because it's comedy gold, but because of cute girls and harem. That makes me sad

Like 80% of shows have cute girls and harems at the moment

I mean Konosuba was good but I don't think it was that enjoyable, Above Osomatsu Drifters and Hibike?

Jesus.

Where is Rakugo?

Jojo, Konosuba, and drifters are the only thing decent on the entire list. Nips confirmed for shit taste.

Rakugo was just good enough to make people feel superior by claiming it was the best thing airing and just bad enough to be completely forgotten after the season ended.
Maybe the second season will change things.

I'll wait for the 20k life sized Victor statue to be announced before trying to compare profitability.

We need isekai fujobait.

Everyday average hikki-NEET self-insert woman ends up in a fantasy world consisting 88% of ikemen.

More like anyone with good taste knows it's AOTY but most people are plebs who only watch mainstream popular things like Yaoi on Ice and the seasonal Isekaishit. No one who actually watched forgot about it.

What's wrong? Yo granma was a jap slut back in the day?

It's a popularity contest user, where do you think Rakugo will be?
>bad enough to be completely forgotten after the season ended.
Fuck no, most people that watched it still think it's the best thing to come out this year. The problem is not a lot of people watched it in the first place. It is a niche show, it can't compete with popular shows.

>We need isekai fujobait.
Already done 12 years ago.

To be fair RZ was an animated version of the first quarter of an unfinished web novel that anyone who can read japanese can just go get for free.

Re:zero is one of best isekai tho

>even more
You can't go over 100%, don't worry m8

Yuri on ice is legit good, the token "fujo bait show" is Touken Ranbu, which got almost 1/3 the rating of Yuri.

flip flappers aoty
prove me wrong
protip: you cant

Made a lot of money on official Chinese streams though. Assclass popularity on there was at the level where they can completely breakeven all their production costs just from streaming. Rezero being their top fav is 3 times that amount

Take away the flashiness and what's left?

Yeah if you're literally braindead and have no sense of taste beyond belief sure

>Yuri on ice is legit good
Wew lad. What was so good about generic sports story with crappy animation, clichéd one note characters, tropey story. immersion breaking info dump, forced drama and lots of pacing issues, do tell us.
Only reason people with little bit of taste cared for Yoi is because character interactions were gold and shipping.

It's sakuga anime with strange target audience. Basically all-girls cast with /u/ trash. Even if you interested in animation it's pretty painful and boring to watch unless you fan of those types of shows.

It also had a pretty nice OST

>QUALITY on Ice
>good
Fujos are still as delusional as ever I see.

I watched it, thought it was good, and forgot about it. It doesn't leave a lasting impression.

Explain please more. Re:zero stands amoing other isekai because of main character alone. No, I don't meming about deconstruction.

Chinese fujos exist. And they exist in large numbers.

Jojo is fucking trash meme garbage and japs are dumbass nostalgiafaggots.

It was directed very well for first few episodes but Yamamoto really struggled with keeping the pacing even in competition related episodes.

It was a fun show with lovable characters, that's why people liked it. Also

>generic sports story
Yeah, because a story about adult professional level sports is so common in anime, right? You're so full of shit.

Re:Zero haters buttblasted lmao.

This list is rigged. How can a gay show like JoJo be number 1?
Yuri on Ice deserves number 1.
inb4 Yuri on Ice is gay. It's not. JoJo is the kind of annoying gay while Yuri on Ice is subtle and good.

-t women

Did Hibike rank higher for boys or girls?

>Not a single mention of Flip Flappers
Nips legendary shit taste confirmed yet again.

My triggered fujo, concept =/= how they go about executing it. Story was as typical as sports story gets.

Flip Flappers is waste of animation

>JoJo hatefags BTFO yet again
Good year to be a JoJofag.

To be fair Konosuba wasn't that funny. Only the Kirito parody getting ganked was funny and even then it was kinda whatever

Maybe if you like eating shit

Not a lot of nips watched Flip Flap. Those that did seem to really like it.

Nobody cares about that garbage to be honest, no matter how much you mayoiga-hype it.

If only Infinite did their job with marketing.

The level of the sport didn't really change anything. Yuri is down on his luck when suddenly the X factor, Victor shows up to lead him to victory. Seiran are down on their luck when suddenly the X factor, Kuroko and Kagami show up to lead them to victory. Karasuno are down on their luck when suddenly the X factor, Hinata and Kageyama show up to lead them to victory. YoI didn't deal with anything exclusive to professional level sports, the only thing "different" about it is the premise.

I hated this. I hated this so much. Main characters were engaged and this show was still straight as fuck. This is the show that taught me what true bait was.

Well now you've revealed you don't watch the show so your opinion on how generic it is doesn't mean anything.

>hurr it's different because Yuri doesn't actually win in the end!
No.

If only you had watched the show instead of assuming how it goes from other sports shows.

Well then you're going to have to think of a different way that it's generic and follows shounen sports tropes because that ain't one.

>Konosuba
>Gate
>New Game!

Protagonists losing is not something uncommon to shounen sports, or any sports media.

Speak for yourself, Rakugo S2 has been my most anticipated show of 2017 since the moment it was announced.

>YoI didn't deal with anything exclusive to professional level sports, the only thing "different" about it is the premise.

Have you even been this wrong

Do you watch sports anime? Yuri on Ice is nothing like Haikyuu, Free or Kurobas.

animeonly's opinion not taken

But Yuri on Ice is gay too

LET THE VOICE OF LOVE

Haikyuu- known for it's themes of sexuality and romantic love.

>Yuri on ice
>subtle

My sides

jojo haters BTFO

Yuri on Ice reminds me of Ping Pong desu. It touched upon some of the same themes but done worse. Still a good show, but Ping Pong was godly.

Last I checked my AOTY wasn't in number 2

>muh webnovel
I pretty much know what happens in the novel since you fags keep shoving your shit threads in my mouth for months no matter how filter the shit out of it.

Feel free to offer a counter argument. And no, saying "I'm going to retire" without actually going into any detail whatsoever about the emotion and wavering behind that decision is not "dealing with" it.
It's nothing like those shows in that those shows don't have the writers blatantly writing in goofy homoerotic jokes like marriage proposals to boost sales, no. But it's everything like those shows in its approach to the actual sport.

>fags keep shoving your shit threads in my mouth for months
This is pure bullshit user. Try harder.

I must have missed Hinata's monologues about his sexual awakening. I haven't watched Haikyuu in ages. In all seriousness, even the format of ice skating makes it different (and much less antagonistic) than shounen sports.