Storytime: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Road to Darkside of Dimensions

Since there's a new YGO movie releasing next month here in the west, I thought it would be cool to dump the original manga which the movie is based off of. For those of you who only ever watched the anime, I highly recommend reading the manga as it's much darker and better written than the anime was imo. There's also none of the fillers you have to deal with. Since the movie is releasing on Jan 27, 2017, I will dump one volume a day leading up to its release.

Today we continue the Duelist Kingdom arc in Volume 9.

Chapter 70

bump

Chapter 71

Seems like I am the only one here for now. Anyway.

As a person who only saw Duelist Kingdom in anime I am now reading the manga. Should I watch post Duelist Kingdom arc after I am done with this? What are the additions or differences does manga have?

sorry I was going to say anime

>Its a ''Joey pulls the time wizard out of his ass thanks to ancient egypcian magic and wins episode''

I think Battle City is definitely worth watching. It's probably the most faithful arc to the manga in the entire anime. There are a couple of changes and a few filler episodes but overall very solid stuff.

The Virtual World, DOMA, and KCGP are all filler arcs.

The final arc isn't adapted that well either. It has a lot of original content that wasn't in the manga version and the animation becomes really atrocious.

watched 5ds and gx completely when they aired and caught up with Arc V. I think OG is the next stop for me. I think I can even enjoy the filler arcs.

Chapter 72

The virtual world arc is decent. It fleshes out Kaiba's past a bit more than the manga but at the same time it kind of waters down how harsh of a past he had.

I don't really care for the other filler arcs, DOMA because of how it messed up the lore of the series and regressed the character development of Atem, and KCGP was just a mini-duel tournament that wasn't as high stakes or exciting as Battle City or even Duelist Kingdom.

Keep going, OP.

Knowing what her cards are without looking at them gives her no more of an advantage as knowing what her cards are by looking at them.

I guess this is supposed to be psychological warfare, but it comes across kind of weird. I imagine someone like Kaiba wouldn't give a shit.

>her whole deck is dominatrix themed

Mai is kinkier than I remembered.

Another iconic scene in all of YGO

Chapter 73

Now I'm wondering if Mai, had Rex managed to win on the boat, would have whipped him like this.

to be honest, im gonna miss this kind of fabulous bullshit once we get to battle city.

>Joey wins because Yami cheats for him to get him the card that he gave to him in the first place

So, basically Joey did absolutely nothing on his own in this duel aside from smelling perfume.

I can't help but notice that regular Yugi hasn't been out for a while now, where as in the anime he was normal until it was time for a duel.

>lures people to duel by the ocean
>asks if it's okay if they duel by the ocean

Mako might be the least asshole-ish person they've met so far.

>it's a "Yugi forgets about the field power bonus" episode

Chapter 74

FUCK!

never thought i would say this, but, poor kaiba!