SAO - Best Fighting Style

What is the best fighting style in a SAO environment? Duel welding or a single but more powerful weapon. SAO is my favorite anime and I constantly dream about being transported to that world. Tell me what your style in SAO would be.

at least try to not be so obvious when shitposting. Its no fun if you're so blatant about it

Well, in Aincrad you'd obviously want to dual wield, because dual wielding essentially means you're the single best player in the fucking game allready. In Alfheim, it's completely irrelevant, because it's fighting system is so fucking dumbed down. Just take a sword and hope to be Kirito .

Step 1: buy cheap daggers
Step 2: throw the daggers
Profit

What's the best? Who knows. Just like with everything else, it's all highly situational.
Fight a lot of skeletons? A mace would definitely be your best bet.
Fight a lot of rather thin creatures with small weakpoints? A greatsword that can get by with raw brute force would be a good idea.
Fight a lot of big creatures with relatively large yet well defended weak points? A rapier that can get through those defenses and hit well would be perfect.
And then there's the matter of skill. If you just plain fucking suck with spears, then using a spear is a pretty hopeless battle.
Just pick something you like and roll with it, but most importantly, take off your trip whenever you talk about SAO.

A gun. It can be magical if you want.

Roll with a Sword or mace or spear and Shield, if you dying means you're fucking dead you want as much safety as possible.

Sword and board is always the best way to play safe.

Dual Dick Style

SAO is pretty shitty, unless you pretend there's no stakes and it's just a couple friends playing an MMO

>SAO is my favorite anime and I constantly dream about being transported to that world.
If you leave this part out, you might actually convince people you weren't just shitposting.

Apparently there were a couple throwing weapons other than just daggers, though they are all pretty gimmicky. Progressive even shows a boomerang type weapon that comes back to you.

Halberd for sure.

One day. One day we'll have "faggots play MMO: The Anime".

I roll a female elf and get all the boys to do my fighting for me

So they already made a bunch of SAO games, and the franchise is still going in general, and we're on the cusp of household VR tech. How fucking funny would it be if they actually make a VR SAO game and people actually get trapped in/killed/seizures/etc by it? We could legit see this in our lifetimes.

That'd be some hella PR though.

>How fucking funny would it be if they actually make a VR SAO game
Who cares unless it's a Yuuki anal simulator?

Halberds are one of the best weapons ever made.
Just try to prove me wrong.

It's still shitty because Reki Kawahara doesn't know how MMORPGs and their players works and behave.

Fuck off Mothers Cucksement

That's one thing that I always was confused about, if they're like in the future and sending people into cyberspace; wouldn't the aids also get sent into cyberspace and then be like a computer virus so other people could catch diseases over the internt? Like that sounds dangerous

>How fucking funny...
To hell with the consequences and potential death, a VR world would be great.

What are you, casul?
Go 2h or go home

>dur dur berserk healer

insta ban to those type of players

CHAOS ZWEIHANDER AND GRASS CREST SHIELD

duel wield because that's pretty much how he beat the game.

And when real life version Kirito meets real life version Ayakabaorwhateverhisnamewas after clearing the game, he will say
>I just wanted to make my fav anime real

>SAO

Is the mace the best sidearm ever?
>Fucks people's shit up no matter how you hit them
>If you don't break their bones, you easily knock the wind out of them and allow a follow up attack
>Wearing armor? Have fun fixing your dents
>Good luck accidentally hurting yourself putting away a glorified hammer
>You can play makeshift baseball in your free time

I would be scared shitless at first but then I'd be that guy that was fishing the whole fucking time

>SAO is my favorite anime
Rarely do I see such shit taste. Kys

evidently you just need to be an edgy loner with a bitch wanting the virtual D

stealth archer

Has anyone read the Alicization arc?
I have read some of the first 20 pages of the Alicization first volume and I find it quite interesting.

This. Using a Sword and Shield is the safest way to play. You'll get more survivability which is important in a death game.

>Not being a dickass thief the gets his shit kicked in on the first floor
>Not doing this intentionally for a quick and easy end to all of life's sufferings
I laugh at you

I would probably just max out luck and buy my way into boss fights with my super drops so that I get more exp for more luck for more drops.
I would probably also work with Laughing Coffin and provide them with free equipment provided they take out the competition for me(and bring me women).
I would become the biggest most Jewish merchant in the game(poor Negro would be killed by Laughing Coffin for stealing business)

Spot the 12 year old everyone

> OP dreams of being put into a death game.
You may be a baitposter or you might have irredeemably shit taste. Either way, at least you know where you belong, dead on your bed, probably covered in your own excrement.

>giving up evade bonuses so you can eat shit

Yeah, sure, whatever.

>take damage from parrying
>take damage from near-misses
>I forget if you take damage from blocking (with a shield) but probably
>skill cooldown timers
>potion cooldown timers
>completely unbalanced bosses
>having endless scrolling menus as a UI
>you can't even mod it
Fuck SAO.

So, question. They call asuna the berserk healer, but there are no magic spells. Where did the name come from? Potions? Crystals?

>They call asuna the berserk healer,
In ALO.
>but there are no magic spells.
But there are, in ALO.

Her SAO metonym was "The Flash".

>t. Kazuma

But glopping.

>more survivability
>get fucking wrecked by a dual blades pker
Yeah, sure, user.

I read most of it way back when they were only spoilers. It turns out not much changed anyways. I remember the first 20 or so pages confusing the hell out of me. I was like "is this SAO?" I thought I was reading the wrong series for a good while.

Should have used Holy Sword.