What is Sup Forumss opinion on net neutrality?

what is Sup Forumss opinion on net neutrality?

Not worth fighting for. Internet needs to die.

GNUnet is the next step.

against it for Amerimutts
in favor of it for everyone else

elaborate you fags. I have been living under a rock the past few months

there are some positives and some negatives, overall i'd say my view on it is a net neutral

Sup Forums hates it because reddit likes it and would rather watch everything burn just to make reddit upset.

Fuck off jew.
Without this bullshit nigger obongo law ISP's will be reclassified as common carriers - meaning they cannot discriminate against data type. All bytes have equal rights to pass.

bulgarianon can you give the pro and cons?

It's picking between the lesser of two evils. Maybe if Google, Facebook and Twitter weren't censoring and deplatforming conservatives I'd be more willing to fight on their side, but it's gotten so bad that paying Comcast a few extra neetbux seems better by comparison.

*whoosh*

no it was just a pun
this is in my understanding just another tax on the corporations (hence why they're crying about it). also allows the government to effectively blacklist sites they don't like

if it passes it would just cuck everyone, and to our kids it will be the norm. if it doesn't, it was just something to rile us up and get us to protest over nothing, instead of the root of the problem

Fuck off government stay out of the internet.
What needs to happen is more competion not more regulation.

oh fuck me, that went over my head. what is this tier shit that I'm seeing though? no NN would force me to pay 10$ to use jewtube or is that a lie

ISPs are butthurt because Netflix and Google take up the majority of their broadband. Leddit is freaking out and posting scare propaganda that show cable packages for internet. The truth is that most websites won’t be effected by the loss of NN. Sup Forums takes up a negligible amount of broadband compared to video streaming websites.

from what i understand they will force youtube to pay, or get a speed reduction (move to a slower lane). the argument here is those who pay get to be faster than now.

the counter is just let the net be neutral

corporations are complaining because "i'm either gonna have to force Joe to pay extra, or i'm gonna have to pay out of my profits". not even successful sites benefit, only shifty jews

so the corporations are right on this?

Remember that tech giants such as Netflix and Google are worth much more than your ISP and they have been trying to dodge bandwidth fees for years now. If net neutrality stays, I will have to continue paying for some faggot's Rick and Morty bill. I shouldn't have to foot the bill for services I don't require.

post the jewish zits now.
i want to gas to her

>German humor

The more people warn me about the dire consequences of repealing it, the more I want it repealed.

Like giving painkillers to someone with an extremely painful disease. It relieves the problem but doesn't actually solve it.

Net neutrality helps relieve the problem of ISP holding a monopoly.

If it opens up competition and clears a path for startup ISP's, I am all for it. The temporary inconvenience of "channel packages" will be worth the end product. Smaller companies looking to compete will offer more services for lower costs. The current providers(lobbyists) don't want it.

Did Nazis have net neutrality? No
Then neither do we

i'm not saying you're wrong
i haven't looked into the topic much

The kike shills say getting rid of it is a good thing.
There are a few kids who think it really matters, even though it won't change much, they are for keeping it.
The rest of us don't really give a shit, the internet isn't going to fundamentally change, the worst thing they will do is start charging extra for using over a certain amount of bandwidth. If they go to far then people will elect democrats to bring it back.

what are you talking about?
everyone knows we dont have any

your humor is the edgy kind, that's why I like it

youre welcome

If it means less burgers around these parts, I'm against it.

Elections matters. Enjoy getting fondled by corporations.

No you're alright, you're on the right track. It's just that tech giants have been straining internet infrastructure with their outrageous bandwidths and ISPs haven't been able to get them to pay.

In my neighborhood actually 5 or 6 years ago, our local ISP tested out a policy similar to net neutrality to see how it would work. Every night around 9 or 10 pm, I would begin lagging an uncontrollable amount on online multiplayer games, and it got to the point where I decided to just play single player or do homework in that timespan. It's because they decided to treat every internet service the same way, and naturally the late night streamers would hog the bandwidth and we would all be slowed down equally.

Oh, and that local ISP? It no longer exists. It was purchased by AT&T after basically being the most common ISP in my area for two decades. Net neutrality forced this local ISP to dedicate its smaller infrastructure to bandwidth "equality" for every damn service, and they ended up falling behind and not being able to compete with giants such as AT&T, Comcast, and Verizon.

This is why I don't support net neutrality, but here are some other good TLDRs:
Internet communism
Ceding power to the federal government
Encourages lack of competition in ISP market
Creates government sanctioned monopolies
Reddit likes it because they're easily manilulated

Everyone can come to their own conclusions but I personally hate the idea that I have to live under being slowed because of what someone else chooses to do in their free time. I don't pay for the gas of other people who drive Dodge Durangos, so why should I have to pay and foot the bill for their bandwidth?

Because ultimately it's just a plan to give the government credence and excuse to creep more and more into your daily life.

Pic related but mostly just to get attention.