Is this the beginning of a brand new meme?

Is this the beginning of a brand new meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

japantimes.co.jp/culture/2016/12/27/films/please-dont-see-animated-blockbuster-says-japans-new-miyazaki-makoto-shinkai/
fictionpress.com/s/3206139
youtube.com/watch?v=dIZHUyVzx7A
activeanime.com/html/2005/09/27/makoto-shinkai-the-place-promised-in-our-early-days-director/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What, do i need to do 3 leg days to watch it now?

>I don't think any more people should see it
But I'm good if I already saw it once, right?

Do you mean that as an unsourceable quote that he didn't say that gets passed around as fact?

japantimes.co.jp/culture/2016/12/27/films/please-dont-see-animated-blockbuster-says-japans-new-miyazaki-makoto-shinkai/

Shinkai pretend to be Satoshi Kon?

It will be if you keep posting it.

How can he be this humble? Is this just one of advertising plan?

FUCK YOU SHINKAI! You wont stop me from seeing this movie for the 18th time in the cinema!!

Who /sawitatanimeexpo/ here?

He may say he's not the next Miyazaki, but he's starting to sound like him.

Any serious answer why he thinks about it not worth watching anymore? or only to those who have watched it multiple times already because its kinda unhealthy getting addicted to it?

10/10

Just like Keit-ai!

He's probably tired of people comparing him to Miyazaki. Even the fucking title of the article does it FINDS A WAY

Miyazaki has finally transferred his code to next poor sap that will be burdened by great expectation! now he can fulfill his wish to rest and die now.

Put out your best mistake collections.

For someone who is wanting to not be Miyazaki, he sure is looking to be like him.

Stop posting that because it's already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139

It's unhealthy for his mental health.

But I pity this poor guy, his movie is on the verge of destroying Spirited Away in global record. I hope he wouldn't be broken if that happens.

What if he's Miyazaki's past self who traveled to the future?

He doesn't actually think that to this degree, he's just seeing the flaws in his story like every artist does + playing up the obligatory humbleness angle because muh Japanese etiquette.

I don't get this.

It made a lot of money and is in the top ten anime movies by KyoAni. Why is it a mistake?

So this is Miyazaki's picture during his younger years.

Hmmm...

It triggered hetfags. Hard.

Where's "Gundam Was a Mistake"- Tomino

He shouldn't have been spamming Keit-ai as viral marketing on Sup Forums, then.

At least wait till Miyazaki dies before you take his meme quotes as well Shinkai you dog.

Did hetfags really expect straightness from Free of all things

Is that the one slav that was on the team? what a hero

KyoAni hasn't made 10k wide release movies yet.

Is there any weeb who went this far?

This is the deepest run a weeb has ever done on making anime.

>Make one good film
>"He's the next Miyazaki!"

There was a french women who worked on Haruhi back in 2006 in KyoAni. She even had a blog and group photos with the whole og crew.

Do you think miyazaki knows this meme? Do the japs know it?

Supposedly Watamote got popular because of translated Sup Forums threads in Japan, so im sure this meme has been shown to him at least once.

What's her job?

That's slav guy is a background artist.
Hell, if anyone wants to go deeper, they need to be a chief animator, director, chara designer, or screenplay.

She was a tweener.

Isn't there something airing soon whose original creator is French or something? I recall seeing a European sounding name on the staff list of something not too long ago.

>watching the movie without having seen the show first
What a fucking casual.

>tfw Shinkai is a kyoanifag.

I had it set on my calendar then didn't bother checking my phone for hours while I was occupied with other stuff.

Now I have to suffer the wait for bds

Why do all the directors want to fuck Yamada

desu, he does have a job and is japanese. So he works like 10 hours a day and takes an hour or so to get to work.

He feels bad for blowing Yamada the fuck out.

A swedish dude did the music for Asterisk. He's also composed a few songs for some other shows.

I hope one day we will have a weeb director.

Is there anywhere I can watch this. I see everyone loves it, and I need to know why. Otherwise I just wait for the Blu Ray.

Just wait a little more weeks if you're in US.

When does it release?

She's cute director.

After Oscars.

For you.

Clearly this guy has read his Taleb.

This is my favorite.

A French animated the Drifters OP this season.

Dude is strange looking for a Jap, definitely not 100% Japanese.

Shelter the Animation

Reporting in.

Meet ShindoL, our idol when it comes to ero manga.

>he thinks he can stop meme magic
There's no stopping now.
Collective minds made his movie a huge success, no turning back.

>Make one good film over and over
>Get a "He's the next Miyazaki" chant with practically the same film released every years.

Does anyone have a "Tamako Market was a mistake"?

It isn't available in most of the US and Canada anyway

When does the fucking BD come out?

Michael Arias directed a couple movies at 4C like Tekkonkinkreet.

anymore with former us presidents? or classical figures?

I agree. The same thing happened when Matt Furie (Furry?) tried to stop Pepe Meme Magic.

He's married but he fell in love with the AU version of his wife.

Is this why Jews fear the Samurai? They know how to trick the goyim just as well?

really?

Funny thing, if you reverse search this image you will find four copyright takedown attempts by Fakku.

youtube.com/watch?v=dIZHUyVzx7A

Really.

I'm pretty sure Watamote's author and artist aren't crotchety old people who despise the internet though.

Miyazaki despises the Internet and waifu technology.

He probably thinks he can and will make better movies that he will be more proud of, but this will be the film most remember him for.

So he's even more proud of 5 cm per second than Your name? Because he wasn't whining about how people should stop watching 5 cm when it became a modest success.

>5cm/sec
>success
Your Name is his first ever hit. All of his other movies didn't earn as much as the Chu2Koi recap movie did. He was a known artist but he was unsuccessful before this big Toho hit.

theres that one black guy making shoujo manga

>Your Name is his first ever hit
>something can only be a hit if it makes a billion yen

He was being called the next Miyazaki before Your name was released, though.

Specifically around the time he made Voices of a Distant Star, in fact.

It persisted so much he had to say it's an exaggeration around the time "The Place in Our Promised Days" was released.

activeanime.com/html/2005/09/27/makoto-shinkai-the-place-promised-in-our-early-days-director/

I mean if you want to include sub 1 Billion Yen movies as hits then Katabuchi is a successful director commercially.

>Katabuchi is a successful director commercially

Are you implying that he's not? Billion yen grosses lands you in the top ten all time list in Japan.

Not really. To land in top 100 you need 5Billion yen. Which nobody outside of Ghibli, Shinkai, Hosoda and Anno have done.

Keit-ai was a mistake.

did you guys really sent dick pics to her on twitter?

>implying it wasn't Sup Forums

Holy shit my fucking sides

>all the penises she'd ever seen with pixelated and small

I regret watching this movie.

On one hand I feel happy that they got the ending they deserved.

On the other hand it's made me depressed for days because love that pure and strong enough to transcend space and time will never happen irl, certainly not me.

>love that pure and strong enough to transcend space and time
Interstellar was a mistake

>meme that pure and strong enough to transcend space and time

ftfy fampai

Success barriers.