Anime that fill the void of bygone western tv shows bygone

I loved The Simpsons before it went all Family Guy esque, as well Malcom in the Middle.

Shin Chan feels the void of a dysfunctional but still semi grounded family. It has no special quotes, but there are no western shows currently that equal it's comfyness.

BTW fuck the "edgy" Funimation version.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yuEhO078NWo
youtube.com/watch?v=FqeDWbRVI_U
youtube.com/watch?v=ggX0CaGClOg
youtube.com/watch?v=I8rF6cmgEg8
youtube.com/watch?v=TB6zTt4VRkA
youtube.com/watch?v=rWCR_AhK2Ts
youtube.com/watch?v=f_0GOKWvX5M
abema.tv/now-on-air/family-anime
buriburi.kittypla.net/
kissanime.ru/Search/Anime
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>BTW fuck the "edgy" Funimation version.

Today this place is a little better

Watch some Doraemon or Kiteretsu.

Doraemon is awesome from what I have seen. Nobita is beta.

Fav Shin-Chan movie? plus i know the Funi-dub isn't the best thing but wait till you hear the vitletto dub.
youtube.com/watch?v=yuEhO078NWo
I hear Phil and Mrs.Pataki here

the last time i saw this webm., somebody complained how bad the animation was.

Weird because Shin-chan movies have always great animation moments.

I actually like how kid friendly shows are not opposed to experiment with the animation.

Try Oruchuban Ebichu from Gainax

Watch Hajime Ningen Giatrus. I think the creator of The Simpson copied that old show. Also the art style.

I like that, altough it kinda just provides much humour already provided by western shows.

Oh yeah I consider that dub to be the true Shin Chan dub.

yeah, when your show looks like shit is easy to give it more animation.

>BTW fuck the "edgy" Funimation version.
Youre more "edgy" than the dub right now

Thank god for Japan still upholding that traditional middle class family show.

American shit is too wrapped up by it's progressive shit of hipster and edgy flatshare communities and rich people.

Kate Souchie states that she regretted doing that tho

But turning Shin Chan into Family Guy is still disgusting.

i can agree with you there.

how long can this series go? hot damn.

Until the end of times.

Between main stories,spinoffs and experiments they can go forever.

This sounds pretty good for an english dub.

>BTW fuck the "edgy" Funimation version
What did they do?

It's more of a Gag dub at times rather than a translation of it. especially the series' finale.

Ghost Stories treatment.

In other words: They improved it.

Gave it the ghost stories treatment.

But whereas ghost stories was a shit show inherently and was improved by a dub that just did what the fuck ever, shin chan was a beloved anime in japan given a joke dub cause why not

My family who once lived in Japan for a time and watched with my siblings when they were young watched the funi dub when they came across it on happenstance for nostalgia. Sat the whole family down to watch that shit despite all my warnings and lemme tell you it was the cringiest moment of my life

I see. It's been to long since I saw my local dubed version but have watched a bit in japanese and it seemed fine.
Wonder why they changed it.

Americans can't into different cultures

I'm surprised they didn't edit it to make Nobi wearing shoes.

In The European version there's a praying mat and he's pointing towards mecca

>when people had to know how to actually animate motion and impact instead of using stock/cg effects for flashy garbage
it's not fair to do this, user

DELET

go back to Sup Forums dumbass.

im sorry
will never commit haram again
please dont run a truck into my house

degenerate

I dont see the big deal. all they did is remove the comedy tears.

Sitcoms are still stuck on the 50s. In fact it's kinda weird to see so many staying home moms on TV considering Reagan destroyed the middle class and a worker salary can't provided for a nuclear family. At least most Japanese women are still housewives so Shin-chan doesn't feel outdated.

Yes but why?
There's no real reason to. It isn't some case of 4kids censorship, the change is completely unneeded.

parents strike back & robo dad

why?

people are paid for editing so they will edit even the pointless things just to get paid per edit

Is there anything else like SHin Chan?

Isn't shin chan legitimately for kids though?

degenerate

You can't like ghost stories dub and hate Shin-chans dub. They're exactly the same levels of retardation. Ghost Storieswas just as beloved in Japan you mongoloid

Yes. Japanese kids shows can get away with a lot of shit western kids shows can't and Shin-chan has been around for decades so the modern PTA rules don't apply to it

Japanese kid shows are on level with American adult shows in terms of content though

Are there american sitcoms about middle class families still tough?

reminder that the American Doraemon place the show's setting in fucknig Florida.

has always been, except for some in adult swim.

Didn't that fat guy from the Adam Sandler movies got a new sitcom? I didn't watch it but I guess it's the same old shit

Am I the only one who loves Shin-chan girls? Specially the movie heroines.

Source?

Anyway, the emo chick from Adults strike back was fucking hot

promiscuity and "mature" graphic are more easy going in Asian Country it is in America and Canada. It's actually almost every countries except north America are the only group that take child censorship too seriously.

than it is*

Neverthless America is the country with the school shooting problem. It make you think

Misae is cute as fuck.

Haven't looked into it.

The Middle is the only that I can think of.

I like Shin Chan more than the FOX cartoon line up. It just doesn't try to push the envelope and just stays consistent in it's mundane and comfyness.

That's movie 14.

In Australia they censored American kids shows before showing them on TV.

Favorite OP?

youtube.com/watch?v=FqeDWbRVI_U
youtube.com/watch?v=ggX0CaGClOg
youtube.com/watch?v=I8rF6cmgEg8

It isn't subbed, too bad. At least there's the Spanish dub

Shin-chan is a hundred times more daring than the usual FOX stuff in specials and movies. The newest movie was filled with trippy visuals and had a pretty serious and emotional theme.

youtube.com/watch?v=TB6zTt4VRkA

What the hell? This kinda remind me an iconic scene from Saint Seiya where Hyoga has a nightmare with his mom as a horrible monster but SS was a fucked up world, not a sol comedy for kids.

the 3rd one for me. it's got alot of attention.

personally i l like the 6th OP cause of it's upbeatiness.
youtube.com/watch?v=rWCR_AhK2Ts

I can't wait for this one. Robot Dad was brilliant, I feel like this Takahashi guy's the best since Hara left.

>family has modern family on the tv
>every character is unlikable
>the stupidest, most "progressive, divererse" cast of all time
>not one thing in the entire episodei can relate to
What the fuck happened to american tv

I think that show's pretty funny actually. Never watched it myself but I've caught bits from family members watching it, seems not bad.

>"progressive, divererse"
The mom is a housewife? Just asking

something somethings the "jews"

The future brides were very cute

Even the Post-Op

>What the fuck happened to american tv
Nothing, American TV has always been awful from movies to TV shows its always been horrible. The only exception is when they steal from other countries.

The irony here is that most of the world buys it regardless of you considering it trash
American media is pervasive

Western media is pervasive. The only reason it seems that American media has spread is because rather than have a unique culture of its own, American culture is just the watered down version of cultures from around the world. That's why nothing original ever comes out of America.

Especially when they try to mimic anime-esque styles, look at LoliRock, ATLoA, LoK, SU, TeenTitans(2003), MLAATR(astroboy style).

Wagon makes me feel things

Lolirock is French, though I agree with everything.

So Crayon Shin Chan hasn't really been subbed, huh?

Hard to say really, it's been fan subbed, but i can't say for sure about official subs

so is totally spiez, the amazing spiez, martin mystery, team galaxy.

A very suitable picture.

If they didn't put a male actor inside, they missed the best opportunity for joke.

> what is AniDB?

wasn't there a crossover with shin-chan and kamen rider den-o?

youtube.com/watch?v=f_0GOKWvX5M
first one is still my favorite, basically my childhood right here

there's sintyan on in 5 minutes
abema.tv/now-on-air/family-anime

Atashin'chi

It is now being fansubbed:
buriburi.kittypla.net/

Yeah but TV Shin Chan is pretty safe and I like it for it

there's atasinti on abema right now

yeah without subs :(

Where can one watch these movies? The only site that I know has it tries endlessly to redirect me to some shady website to get me to download adware.

Here are they all the movies that have been subbed: kissanime.ru/Search/Anime Just search for 'shin-chan'

Movie 23 will be released soon here: buriburi.kittypla.net/

I remember this thread

so, it's not like they're talking about socioeconomic issues or genetic engineering

anyway it's over, they're doing doraemon now

abema is streaming 23 movies shinchan movies starting on jan 1