Name a more edgy anime?

Name a more edgy anime?

Gore doest not equal edgy. Please go be a teenager somewhere else.

Yakushoku Distpiari is pretty edgy

Edgy is a worthless buzzword.

Deadman Wonderland?

Hunter x Hunter

now THIS is edgy kek

NARUUUTTOO

>15 hp
>5 def
>not dead by one hit

I hate this manga

This is about the guy who needs to kill people that trust him so he can save the world, right?

Yes.

One Piece ?

lol im reading this now and you cant stop me

Just reading the first chapter out of curiosity. I'm only half through, but the edge is just a joke. Sounds like something a 14 year old kid would write.

>edgy af protagonist
>no harem at all... so far

This is isekai done right.

Hang on now, source?

Literally the shittiest stuff.

90s had some nice edgy anime.

Oldfag here. Hey, I actually watched Genocyber on VHS in the day!

Genocyber is probably the single most purely nihilistic anime I've ever seen. Humanity is fucked. Everyone innocent is destroyed or defiled. Anyone with even the slightest bit of humanity is murdered or turned into a monster. The thought that there might be any part of the human species worth saving is completely torn to shreds in Genocyber. It is utterly misanthropic.

I think its that purity of sentiment that makes it so memorable. There were a lot of other OVAs like this brought over, filled with gore and violence. But none really come close to the level of absolute disgust for humanity that Genocyber had.

Great soundtrack too.

M.D. Geist

>purely nihilistic anime
>worth saving

Pure edge

>wsr request
Sup Forums has fallen

Genocyber is a bit of the old ultraviolence, stuff like is pure, unadulterated "they'll pay for what they've done to me!" edge.

True but on the case of Genocyber it does. This part was fucking hilarious btw

>Sounds like something a 14 year old kid would write.
That is what edge is.
Gore and death added because you think gore and death are cool but you're too immature and boring to actually know WHY they are cool.

Ass opposed to gorewank and comedic gore.

Some context please?

Wait, so is that a no?

But when I was 14 I would add irony and dark humor to my gore, so fuck you user!

Devilman

For extra keks look up the guy who wrote it and look at what he would go on to write!

The funny thing is how it's been a worthless buzzword at least three different ways in the past thirty years.

Are you talking about the script writer or the manga artist?

The script writer

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I WANT YOU
AND LOVE YOU
FAIRY DREAMIN

I liked Genocyber for the designs, music and general "ultraviolent nineties OVA" vibe that was so common back then.

"Edgy" is subjective and overused nowadays. I see things like FMA and Tokyo Ghoul as "edgy" in the way they convey things to be cool or dark.
Edge is used to shock the audience. It's cheap and lame. But it can be enjoyable in the right context. Like, Hellsing is edgy but very fun and suitable considering the vibe of the whole series.

Notice that it's always that one scene when people tell about Genocyber being edgy. That was a bit unnecessary, shocking, but I still don't know why they felt the need to actually create gore-sculptures out of those people in the hospital, instead of just killing them. The rest of the show is okay, that one scene stands out.

Yeah, that was definitely gratuitous.

Thats funny, whenever I think of Genocyber trying to go too far, its the part with the little kids playing on the beach that are shredded into hamburger by helicopter chaingun fire.

Love Hina... what the fuuuuck.

>only 2 people are fucking in that whole thing

This just isn't realistic.

I'm not actually sure what edgy means. Why is it associated with violence?

Masaaki Yuasa is edgy

he tries so hard to be deep

You fags aren't even trying.

Edgy is the (failed) attempt at appearing cool or mature. Eg. excessive violence for the sake of trying to appear mature, pic related, or advertisements trying to appeal to teens by being "cool", yet failing miserably

Because to be edgy is to shock people and challenge their sensibilities. And most people are shocked by graphic displays of violence.

He's got 1390 agi. His dodge and block are probably through the roof. Good luck doing any damage.

i liked this anime. they don't make em this violent nowadays

>Because to be edgy is to shock people and challenge their sensibilities

>Psssh… Nothin Personnel… Kid…

No I mean what edgy has actually meant for decades. The Seinfeld episode about masturbation was edgy, because you didn't talk about that on tv prior, you simply didn't. It wasn't considered proper. Hell even in the episode they never say masturbate, they say "master of your domain".

But when the episode aired, it changed things. Suddenly it became ok to joke about that when it wasn't before.

In the 80s, saying a show/book was "edgy" meant that you were a latte-drinking wanker applauding the fact that the work deviated from standard morality.

In the 90s, it meant you were marketing a work and wanted to make the heros sound cool without scaring kids' parents.

In the 00s, it meant that you spent a lot of time online and you were saying a show was trying too hard to violate social norms or look cool.

Now if someone says a show is "edgy", it's usually a Disney-obsessed twat or a hardcore moralfag complaining that it isn't as clean as a Saturday-morning cartoon.

None of the previous meanings are completely dead, of course, even the oldest one. I've seen coffee shop types genuinely applaud something as being "edgy" within the last couple of years.

There's a new coldsteel in the town, kid

Thy edit of this was pretty much the best thing that came out of Delta.

Someone is confusing the roles of original creator and script writer. The script writer is just a hack who gets given the ideas by the original creator and has to write a screenplay from it.

You leave Alolan Sandslash alone.

>just AoE my shit up

Elfen Lied wins by first on the podium but this one

>1987

boku no pico

Is it bad that I want to make a game with an MC that has this class now? Sounds super fun.

Is nine inch nails really that bad? Only listened to Hurt and Afraid of Americans and it seemed fine.

>kek
>lol

Fuck off

He has no muscles

He didn't say no

How is Akame ga Kill not the first answer? It's pretty much exactly what a 14 year old boy would conjure up.

He's gotten hit repeatedly. He just for some reason didn't die even though it was endgame-tier enemies hitting him.

MC must kill his friends to obtain temporary power ups.

Don't really think the HP matters much in this universe. He's got his limbs cut/torn off and easily got off fine with the safe zones

No, this is.

Wait, which definition of 'edgy' are we going by? Violence for the sake of violence or shock value for the sake of shock and being different?

Kurozuka.

A coworker of mine tried to get me to watch that. I could barely sit through the first episode because it seemed so crap.

Violence for the sake of violence can be fun. I think it's violence for the sake of shock and being different.

Both, though mostly the latter.

>liked Saya to the point that I rooted for the nerd to keep her alive
>years later when I found my seiyuufu, I looked back on her previous roles
>she voiced Saya
I know you don't care, but it happened more than once and I really feel it like destiny.

I'm more surprised you liked a character who was literally nothing but fetishes.
>glasses
>twin tails
>fang
>tsundere

lol no

too bad she wasn't dfc

Because then the horny 13 year old males this show was aimed at would start losing interest.

But there was a loli character! And she even got watersports fetish, which I would give anything to have on Saya.

Whaa. Is this shit even worth reading?
Is dorohedoro count as edgy

We got that covered with the other girls already, reaching out to wider demographics would have made more sense.

Well they needed at least one character to pander to the pedos.

Kill yourself, faggot.

Yeah true. They still technically had the dfc covered though.

Nah fuck off pedo.

>nearly 100 replies
>still no mention of violence jack, one of the most historically infamous manga/anime ever
>this shitter even mentions fucking devilman, no doubt because hideaki anno cited it as an influence on evangelion
Sup Forums really is full of children these days.

It's not even good industrial metal, but it's the closest to a "cool" metal band and since it's heavier than LP ( which seems to be the AMV band by default) edgy kids seem to like it, but in comparisson to Marilyn Manson who dresses like a fag just for fun or Rammstein who can get really dark with their lyrics they come as soft
In short, it's the heaviest 13 yo can listen without scaring themselves

Fuck off Sup Forums faggot. Your kind is not welcomed here.

holy fuck i need to watch this

90's anime gore was so visceral.
Tendons snapping, muscle ripping, bone splintering, skin ripping.

Makes today's clean cut blood fountain nonsense look even more laughable.

They could get pretty goofy too, i know some of you faggots have the gif or webm of the girl and the puppies, you know which one

Welp, this is going on the backlog.

fucking pedos should just kill themselves

The difference is that violence jack was so schloky, it actually turns out comical, like one of those incoherent and gory italian movies from the 70's and 80's.

I know but I sadly don't have it.

80's and 90's gore was always shit because they try to make it in slowmotion with a sidechacter next to it going =O

Off yourself already, dick sucker.

(You)