Movie Thread

Movie Thread
Here you post the best 2d movie you've ever seen

OP Starts
Kimi no na wa

Other urls found in this thread:

japantimes.co.jp/culture/2016/12/27/films/please-dont-see-animated-blockbuster-says-japans-new-miyazaki-makoto-shinkai/#.WGSmT7YrKAw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Princess mononoke, easily the best anime film ever made.

I think you mean "Kino no Na Wa", because this masterpiece trancends mere cinema.

most overrated anime movie of all time

Howl's Moving Castle FTW

My favorite Miyazaki is either Nausicaa, Porco Rosso or Laputa. Best non-Miyazaki Gibli is Whisper of the Heart, with Grave of the Fireflies a close second.
Kon was a brilliant director, even if Millennium Actress is the weakest of his movies. Perfect Blue is a goddam masterpiece, Paprika has the best soundtrack though.
The GuP movie is probably the best movie adapted from a modern series. Beautiful Dreamer is the best classic one.
I can't decide which is the best Hosoda. wolf Children has a touching story and great direction (dat school traveling), The Girl Who Lept Through Time has great characters.

I second this lololol

Easily this

Perfection

fucking how

Patrician's choice

It had everything I wanted from haruhi. There is not a single thing in this movie that I do not love it was perfect for me. I watch it every Christmas and each time I fall in love with it more. The only bad thing about it is that they won't make another one.

>Millennium Actress is the weakest of his movies
You mean the best

Spirited Away. Everything about this film is beautiful.

Close but no cigar

Perfect Blue > Magnetic Rose > Millennium Actress > Tokyo Godfathers > Paprika

Paranoia Agent is obviously not a film but I'd prolly fit it in between MA and TG

Kiki's Delivery Service.

Shin-chan's a fantastic film series. I've enjoyed just about every one I've seen.

Same, shame not all of them are subbed.

And a lot of what is subbed is subbed badly. Perfectly functional though, so I'm grateful for what I have.

Fegs, gitonmylvl.
God-tier music aswell.

Genius party tho

None of them really stuck with me, I know a lot of people like Ohira's thing though.

Tis the season.

Now and forever.

This is the only 2d film that I would consider as a masterpiece. It wasnt really sad but I still cried at the end of the movie. Idk why

I cry more at non-sad things than I do sad. Totoro for example, is so beautiful I'm moved to tears every time.

You wake up and your waifu is on your bed, what do you do?

I've never seen this one, is it similar to castle in the sky?

It's a lot less Hollywood.

Is this anime kino? Haven't seen it yet but normalfags can't stop talking about it. I would like to know the consesus of superior Sup Forums taste memes aside.

Came to post this.

Story is simple and not really surprising for a regular Sup Forumsnon, yet relatively unique for the mainstream western audience, hence the massive appraisal it's getting.
And it's downright beautiful. Not as charming as 5cm and Hoshi no Koe, but impressively detailed and well animated.
This, plus the fact that Sjinkai is presented as The New Miyazaki, makes it a hit for normalfags.

Mitsuha and Taki's love transcends all life

I saw this over the summer and it blew my fucking mind.

I would nominate Angel's Egg, Nausicaa, and Whisper of the Heart

Great movie. Could have done with a better ending, though.

Watched the movie with really low expectations, turned out slightly better than I expected.
OST was decent, visuals were amazing, though the story and voice acting feels a lot more like JDramas rather than anime.

yo this movie was fuckin lit

Thats pretty gay

Perfect Blue is my favorite anime movie.

This.

I've yet to see kino no na wa, because it just looks like those movies where the "plot" is just taking pretty shots of sceneries and thing like that. I'll watch it but I really don't expect much.

I read that the director or whatever, of this movies is telling people not to watch the movie. It doesn't want it to win any awards, and it says that his movies is nowhere near ghibli quality.

japantimes.co.jp/culture/2016/12/27/films/please-dont-see-animated-blockbuster-says-japans-new-miyazaki-makoto-shinkai/#.WGSmT7YrKAw

>tfw I'm the only one that thinks this is best ghibli

says-japans-new-miyazaki-makoto-shinkai
why the fuck are they calling him the new miyazaki, I didn't vote for this guy!