/DSMG/ - Delete Social Media General

user,

Why haven't you deleted your social media accounts?

1. Social media makes money for people with destructive political philosophies and legitimizes fringe leftists.
2. Social media is proven to make people unhappy and less productive.
3. Social media robs people of having meaningful friendships and relationships.

Delete it all. Today. Start living a better life.

Can i at least keep my insta for bad memes and shoes?

Sup Forums counts as social media

Went social media free last year, and can say that my life has only improved since. Less anger at the stupid shit people on there spew, but also makes you realise what people in your life matter enough to you to stay in contact with them. Everyone else is truly irrelevent.

Literally just deleted the last vestiges of it yesterday. I plan on migrating away from gmail as well, but it's going to take some time considering all of the things I've used it for.

more like antisocial media desu

Is there any way to clear everything from Facebook but still keep the Messenger? Pretty much the only thing I use it for...

>Forums are social media
Where's your profile page faggot

Keep a very basic facebook profile if you want to go anywhere in life. McDonalds won't check your profile but a half decent company with an HR department will. You don't need to use it, set it to private and have a nice profile picture of yourself.

If you're already locked into a good job though get rid of that fucking thing right away

the fact you fell for it in the first place should cause quiet contemplation

Never used any of those platforms. feels great. During middle school I was on the Myspace kick, but like soon after i realized it was stupid and I never followed to facebook.

I'd delete my facebook but me and 4 of my high-school friends stay in contact with a group chat that way

if I deleted that I'd be left alone with no friends :(

I only use it to stalk people, and to receive orders for my job. Maybe occasionally I can post something "cool" but no one cares about my posts because I'm not a grill

What about discord?

Joke's on you, I never had any.

>why haven't you deleted your social media accounts
Because if you're young, it's pretty much necessary nowadays. No social capital = you're worthless in the eyes of most.

Why?

you can delete your facebook but keep the messenger, i did it to mine. game, set, kek

plebs. I deleted all my cancer media back in 2011.

I already have, OP. My life is better.

I live nowhere, will never be anything important, and have never had any of it. It's amazing how it affects people's minds and lives.

Beyond serving (((them))) I fail to see a purpose.

Delete Facebook. Use Minds.
Delete Twitter. Use Mastodon.
Delete Instagram.

I've been in this crew for years.

I'll never forget this time during 2009 I was visiting family I hadn't seen in a long time in Virginia for Christmas, ALL of them were thoroughly addicted to FB and did not want to leave the house. I couldn't believe it.

My aunt was playing Bejewelled Blitz constantly, my teenage cousins were obsessed with who was writing about others online and "being online in case someone wanted to talk" it was absolutely ridiculous.

I still don't understand why anyone using it would ever put their personal information, where they work, who they are related to, anything like that on a privately owned and very public site like that.

It also encourages people to be self-centered and narcissistic.

Your life is absolutely better off the less you use social media and your mobile phone.

It's amazing to leave it in the car or check it once or twice a day.

If they really give a fuck about you they have your number and can drop you a line.

FB is the least sincere way to keep up with anyone.

That's what they want people to believe and be addicted to. That their service is somehow indispensible.

I see not using them similarly to cutting the cord, you realize how weird and completely unnecessary it is in your life.