Both "Coco" and "Moana" used consultants to make sure the films were culturally sensitive

>Both "Coco" and "Moana" used consultants to make sure the films were culturally sensitive.

>consultant
????

>"Coco" is earning praise from Mexican American audiences for its portrayal of Mexican culture and the holiday, "Day of the Dead." The Disney-Pixar animated production hauled in an estimated $72.9 million over the five-day weekend and features an almost entirely Latino cast.

>It comes after Disney's "Moana" - a computer-animated movie featuring a girl from a Polynesian village - garnered mostly positive reaction from Polynesian audiences in 2016.

dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-5130533/A-look-minorities-previous-Disney-productions.html

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/alltime/weekends/thanksgiving.htm?page=5dayopen&p=.htm
archive.is/uSXxO
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_films
youtu.be/dNff3vu1uEM
youtu.be/RRpWibs_M3Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>let's ask this Mexican guy if he finds our movie offensive

ive heard zero people talk about this film, how the hell did it get even 71 mil

>71 million

That's super disappointing for a Pixar film

I never heard of it either, but it makes sense. Thanksgiving weekend is always a big boon for Hollywood, especially children’s films. Whole families go together to see a movie after turkey.

i can tolerate moana quite well. islanders are generally just happy, dun giv a fuck fatasses who dont want to destroy america. i hope coco burns

No its not most pixar films make less in the first weekend. Also movies doing well internationally,

Didn't even know this film existed until I read headlines telling me it was popular.

Spic detected

coco was pretty good

8 of the top 10 Thanksgiving weekend box office leaders since 1982 are animated children’s films. The majority of the rest are family friendly as well.
boxofficemojo.com/alltime/weekends/thanksgiving.htm?page=5dayopen&p=.htm

How is this crap different from this?

mexicoons watching a movie
>le 56% face
SAGE

Sup Forums sucks at movies

force awakens - "oh noes SJW writters"
rogue one - "oh noes SJW writters"
both were fine.

Not a spic just don't talk out of your ass about something you don't know about,

It's going up against that god awful Justice League movie, it will obviously do great internationally and it's a kids movie that families can see when they're together Thanksgiving weekend
simple

they ran a 21 min. Frozen short before the movie. Most of the box office is probably people who bought tickets just to see that, and then walked out before the Mexishit movie even started.

People on this side are eating it like candy, they go 3-5 times to see it, I can asure you it happens the same with mexicans over there.
The movie is so effective in pulling heartstrings that the chinese,who ban the shit out of anything showing dead people, magic, skeletons, etc, didn't ban or even edit it one bit and aired it as it was, and it was a hit over there.

>This is what 15 year old white supremacist girls actually believe.

Rogue One was pretty shit, but that had nothing to do with muh SJW.

You really think even they would ban this because it has skeletons? I mean really, it's not real or gory or spoopy in the slightest.

Bet this film slayed in California, Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Texas... anywhere in the U.S. with a high concentration of beaners.

Oh they can ban skeletons but not dog eating? Fucking uneducated peasants

China bans anything related to the spiritual world in non-chinese films

I actually thought it was that movie. So we have anothe Pixar-Dreamworks makes the same movie twice and sells it to retards.

Film is dead.

idk rogue one was shit but force awakens was ok

It IS big deal tho, chinese are zealots when comes to ban that shit, most movies that show any of that get cutted horribly, to the point where they don't make any sence, games, movies, shows, anything gets but or banned
archive.is/uSXxO
Eating dogs doesn't challenge the supremacy of the comunist party, ghost and beings outside their power, does.

you stupid fucking faggot both of those movies were terrible and ruined star wars. probably haven't even seen em you baby shit loving douche

That article is complete bullshit.
An independent mexican animation studio spent about 5 years making the exact same movie as Coco. Disney just stole the idea and made the movie quicker and with much more publicity because, well, it's fucking disney.
>Mexican American
Oh, you mean the self hating shitskins with no true identity who happen to use actual Mexican identity to separate themselves from being ant workers?
Carry on then.

>Film is dead because 2 similar movies get released around the same time
fuck off, that's been happening almost since film was invented
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_films

>ive heard zero people talk about this film
>Didn't even know this film existed until I read headlines telling me it was popular.

This is what happens when you live in a homogeneous white community.

(Which I do, and didn't know about this movie until I saw a television commercial for it after it was already released in theaters.)

Who the fuck is paying money to watch this shit?

>Mexican American

Exactly my thoughts mexibro. What a fucking joke. They know dollar store culture I'll give them that.

This.

Its ok to Be dead,...... Indoctrination.

Mexicans will consume whatever represents them positively multiple times (or whatever the giant companies will tell them to consume)

Is better than a shitty marvel / superhero movie....

because nothing else is out that appeals to kiddies

Now they should make one about abos.

Sad but true.

Moana was good though. Maui is best disny character

Can’t wait for the emotional scene where the protagonist best friend gets killed by a horny emu

Frozen short was garbage and universally panned. Coco is a legit good movie. There were hella wetbacks in the audience though and one of them yelled some spanish word and COCO when the Disney staff "thank you" clip played after the frozen short because he was pissed off the movie wasn't playing yet.

>t. Californian

Voiced by John Oliver

Quite a bit different.

I do love how Sup Forums is immediately screaming "mexishit" at Coco.

There's no retarded shilling for race mixing, illegal immigration, or any of the shit happening in real life. It's just a nice movie about Mexicans and a Mexican holiday that doesn't even mention the US.

I'd certainly hate it too if it was about the evil Tronald Flumpf exterminating innocent Mexicans with a fully automatic assault wall, but as it stands there's nothing really wrong or even overtly political with the movie.

Why are you spoiling the movie tho?

The scene where the Bunnyip breaks into the village and eats the protagonist mom is really good

>World where when you die you turn into a skeleton and come back to Earth where they get offerings from the living to bring back to their world
>Death symbolism everywhere
>Moral of the film is that it's okay to die

This film is literally promoting Satanism.

>Other races don't want to live in a cultureless hellhole and feel most comfortable around people of their kind
>People make art reflecting their desires and beliefs
No shit. Nothing wrong with this.

youtu.be/dNff3vu1uEM
youtu.be/RRpWibs_M3Q

Married white family guy here. Hard core gun nut and right winger. Professional. Trump supporter.

Took wife and 4 year old daughter to see this movie last weekend.

It's actually a good movie. Nothing anti Trump. Nothing SJW.

Quit over thinking it. It's for kids and it's a decent flick.

>what is Day of the Dead
>what is Day of the Dead
>what is "you should honor and remember your ancestors"

Are you literally retarded? This is a serious question, by the way.

The dog was okay if a little annoying. I guess they had to throw the chanclas in because that's the one of the only things most Americans know about Mexicans.

>movie has brown people
>everyone on Sup Forums bitches about it
why?

Disney has a large viewership worldwide
Did you expect them to go against their self-interest?

People ITT are sad people finding anything to be offended at, it's childish

this

Movie was cool, dont sperg out. Who doesnt like Disney movies, honestly? You can be racist, nationalistic, or conservative without letting your emotions ruin the objectively best animations in the werl

Technically day of the dead is satanism, at least according to ancient Spanish (but who cares about that)

Didn't we just have this movie with the mexican skeletons?

Latinos are cultural cancer.

Look at this soyboy incel. You can take your taco loving family back across the border yous stupid spic

>How is this crap different from this?
Stop being a bitter fuck and watch them, both very good movies.

The book of life is by FOX, and they are different movies on their own.
Are you retarded that you think two movies are going to be the same because they happen on the same festivity?

You've never seen a christamas movie?
Nigger, I've seen like twenty

It is. I’m taking the white girl im fucking to see it this weekend.

t. Beaner from NM living in AZ.

Everyone dies, many cultures have something similar.

>this shit?
so you watched it?

Did anyone here watch it? Was it better than The Book Of Life?

>I cannot get out of my frame of mind to understand that some people don't see dead people as satanic

Book of life has a better story but Coco is still a good movie

Seems pretty obvious. You make a culturally accurate movie, people from that culture will like the movie. This isn't fucking rocket science.

It’s a really good story about family, traditions, chasing dreams, etc.

>Didn't we just have this movie with the mexican skeletons?
There was another mexican skeletons movie that came out three years ago

pic unrelated =)

Check out "Quigley Down Under" with Tom Selleck.

Idk, Moana was alright, didnt notice much of an angle.

>Both were fine
Both are both shit to be forgotten in 10 years. The whole stronk woman thing is fucking obnoxious, yet it hardly affects either film negatively. Both are just shitty, soulless movies on their own, and the new one is going to be just as lame.

What I really liked about TBoL was the art
It didn't look like Pixar. Fuck the pixar sameface
All their renders look the same ffs, same lighting models and all

also, you could tell it was a much smaller design studio for the lots of scenes where the background was shit

White Nationalist here, took the family to see this movie over the break. It was great, my wife even said she wants some Coco dick now.

You're gonna die eventually bro. Might as well make peace with it. Ironically its the satanists you mention that have the biggest problem with this, they all want to live forever no matter the cost

>It's just a nice movie about Mexicans and a Mexican holiday that doesn't even mention the US.
People are just sick about hearing about Mexicans man.
I'm sure it's a good movie, but I can't help but associate it with stereotypical libshit white cuck executives greenlighting it because "like omg Mexico, they like do the jobs we won't do and that taco truck outside the bar is totally awesome SUGAR SKULLS!!! :D". Which makes me not want to see it, there's just too much Mexican shit in my life.

Culture wars suck but like it or not we're in one.

Libertarian, pls.

Just separate the art from the world. Otherwise it can be hard to genuinely enjoy things. BUT if someone tries to make it political then bitchslap them down.

lol hey Sup Forums did you knoe that there was a 20 min frozen short before every screening of CoCo in the US?
Did you know that it was announced and just about any fan of frozen/disney knew about it before hand?
really makes you think huh?

>force awakens
>ok movie

are you retarded?

Fucking nigger, the Chinese are superstitious as shit. Why do you think they don't have Wonder Woman on any of there Justice League promotions over there?