Serious Antarctica Theory

I was watching Moonraker a few weeks ago, and it's interesting because it was made at the dawn of the Space Shuttle era. That POS government bird only flew about once a year, but it was meant to launch again and again and usher in a new space era. In Moonraker, even the USAF and Marine Corps have space shuttles to reach orbit.

In fact, the USAF was scheduled to get their own, fifth, space shuttle. It was to launch not from Cape Canaveral, but rather from Vandenberg in CA. Literally, there was a military Space Shuttle launch planned from California just months after Challenger blew up. So, that's why it never happened.

I was thinking, given Alex Jonestein and the rumored "much bigger, secret" military space program, maybe they did use the Space Shuttle for the military. The problem is that launching any rocket is a highly visible event, for a number of reasons. You could not have a secret space program with rockets. /x/ aside, I doubt there are anti-grav systems made by the Nazis IRL, rockets are how you get into space.

There's one way to launch rockets consistently without being noticed by the civilized world: do it from Antarctica.

Could this be what Antarctica is? The secret space program's location? The need to be located there is related entirely to relegating the long, highly visible rocket contrails to a place where no population centers could see them.

Why have a secret space program? Space really is the high ground. Even steel rods dropped from orbit could do major damage. Large space stations, dropped from orbit on a city, or redirected (nudged) asteroids, would be as powerful as nukes. Given the money spent on nukes, why wouldn't this very large vulnerability be exploited?

So that's my theory, given all the /x/-tier shit about Antarctica lately. It's home to the secret space, conventional rocket program. It's the military space program, hiding from notice. It's weapons in space at least as devastating as nukes.

Other urls found in this thread:

cfa.harvard.edu/CMB/keckarray/
nasa.gov/50th/50th_magazine/coldWarCoOp.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I found it weird that several members of the Council on Foreign Relations all went down there within a span of just a few weeks early in the year.

No rotational intertia at the south pole. Antarctica is the worst place to launch spaceships.

Terrible location to launch from. No help from the spin of the earth—you lose 1600+KPH free velocity.

Hello fellow smartfriend.

Always love Antarctica threads bump

cfa.harvard.edu/CMB/keckarray/

First Antarctica is not very practical for launches although it could be done, see
And most importantly the kind of big rockets we're talking about would really easily detected by satellites who's jobs is detecting ICBMs.

A large space station in orbit is also easy to detect, even by amateurs.

It's possible they're are some types of weapons in space (hidden in some satellites) but the rest is bullshit.

...or you could just call them "satellites" and continue with monthly launches per usual.

What about.....if the earth was flat?

>I doubt there are anti-grav systems made by the Nazis IRL, rockets are how you get into space.

space planes
take off normally, reach limit of atmosphere, use rocket boosters to exit atmosphere and reach destination

and anti grav does exist

SDI program

Then launch into space horizontally.

Wrong!! Highest centrifugal force because the ice wall is the edge of the spinning platter. The real risk is that they might knock a bunch of ice into space and it would change the rotational inertia of the earth thus changing the length of our days. So op's probably wrong.

>I doubt there are anti-grav systems made by the Nazis IRL
>he doesn't believe in Nazi UFOs
bluepilled af OP kys

Many of the shuttle missions were military and other than the launch and landing there was no information given.

But Antarctica would be spinning the fastest.

The space shuttle was a militay vehicle which is why it was such a dog. It had lots of mission requirements the department of defense forced upon it.

The most significant requirement was the very large cross field capability. This meant it could turn very hard "for a spaceship" once it hit the atmosphere and land in the USA from just about any orbital trajectory. This was important in a WWIII scenario. They wanted the shuttle to be able to go up, put complex things into orbit, and then come right back down, hit the atmosphere, turn hard, and land in the USA all in a single orbit. They didn't want the shuttle up there long enough for the Soviets to shoot it down or detect it and figure out what trajectory the top secret satellite was put into orbit at. This cross field capability was part of what made it so complex and expensive.

People forget that when talking shit on the shuttle. It was part of the cold war against the Soviet Union masked in peace and smiles.

>I doubt there are anti-grav systems made by the Nazis IRL, rockets are how you get into space.
So who's flying the UFOs?

actually there's a bunker there. once elite groups have the technological capabilites to survive completely goyim free, they're gonna do something to fuck with the water supply, which will subsequently fuck with the food supply leading to mass starvation. cannabalism becomes a thing, kuru decimates most of the planet while ensuring the disease can't mutate due to not have an existing genetic structure of its own.

the reason Anarctica is important is because of glaciers there, which hold much of world's freshwater at one point or another.

it's a similar idea to the xenoestrogens from birth control. except imagine if instead of pissing into toilets (where the water has basically entered an already closed system) , roasties had the ability to piss into the whole planet's water supply.

What if our maps are upside down and the arctic is the outer edge with Antarctica in the center

There are more than enough autists that monitor terrestrial launches all over the planet, besides governments (incl. those nearby in South America, South Africa, Aussie, etc.)

There is zero chance any launches are happening down there, furthermore, why in the fuck would they be? SpaceX and older launch providers already do classified Airforce missions.

Still curious why the fuck Kerry was down there as Obongo's Secretary of State.

>The antarctic ice wall meme is controlled opposition

>Still curious why the fuck Kerry was down there as Obongo's Secretary of State.

Didn't he go there immediately after getting Assanges internet cut off? Then McCain and Buzz went there a bit later. It's so fucking baffling. I love it.

Literally this. Half of the shit that comes out of NASA is fake as fuck. I wouldn't be surprised if "NASA" is just a cover to launch US military equipment into space.

>maybe they did use the Space Shuttle for the military
you just now figured that out?

>which will subsequently fuck with the food supply leading to mass starvation. cannabalism becomes a thing, kuru decimates most of the planet while ensuring the disease can't mutate due to not have an existing genetic structure of its own.

That sounds terrifying..

not to mention shuttle launches pretty much only happened in perfect weather

thankfully they gave us a sneak peak via all the zombies movies we've been subjected to for the past 40+ years.

You fucking faggot. It's on the bottom of the Earth, just a nudge and shit will fall off.

Shut the fuck about shit you know nothing about.

This is the stupidest thing I have ever seen on Sup Forums. Rockets are launched near the equator for a reason.

non flat-eathers btfo

One thing is for certain, half of Hillarys uranium was being siphoned off for Rothchild nuclear reactors in Antarctica. The other half of her Uranium was ear-marked for Elon musk acting as North Korea, for the jew world orders ICBM program. They are preparing for a world where they are ejected en masse from every major national body, and have to resort to plan B, with hideouts in antarctica, NK and switzerland

>No centrifugal assistance
If your main purpose was to avoid being seen, and your budget was unlimited, then this is just a thing to overcome.

>Detected by satellites.
Well, of course, other countries would know. The purpose would be to keep the public in the dark.

Any jackass can film rocket trails with his handy cam, unless they're in Antarctica.

ayy how many hours you got in Kerbal user?

Yeah, well there's the X-37B now, and advanced robotics anyway.

Why are some women capable of being so unreasonably attractive

Badass real knowledge there.

>believing in any space program
Thrust doesn’t work in a vacuum, user.
Look up free expansion.

WE
WAZ
ANTARCTIKANGZZZZZ

hai!

Wrong.
nasa.gov/50th/50th_magazine/coldWarCoOp.html
Cold War was a fucking meme
>hurr, were at war, but no hurting each other!
Literally only retards believe this.

Antartica is a terrible location to house a launch platform. You want to be as near the equator as possible so you can use the rotation of the earth to kickstart your orbit. I guess if you want a polar orbit though antarctica is a pretty good launch site.

>You want to be as near the equator as possible
I'm sure the soldiers during the Battle of the Bulge "wanted" it to be 65 degrees outside. Oh well.

nobody else find it remarkable that throughout the entire cold war to present day all the nations working in the antarctic did/do so in peace almost as if the last 70+ years never happened. that always seems bizarre to me, like why is this 1 place so unique were humans are concerned.

You know John Kerry and Buzz Aldrin were flown down to Antartica on the day of the Presidential Election in 2016? Why? Who the fuck knows...

>Moonraker

Fucking awesome song, classic campy Roger Moore Bond flick.

Well we had to get the technology to launch spy satallites somehow.

You would have a polar orbit if you launched form Antarctica. Your rocket body and payload would quickly become visible to both the US and Russian space surveillance systems. They have specific components set up looking for cross polar launch activity.

The only time a flat earther has ever had good bantz. You are still retarded though.

It's because it's cold as fuck and expensive and difficult to exist down there.

>he doesn't know about the X-37B
shit was in space for nearly two years

Because individuals who are well educated tend to be more empathetic and willing to listen to the viewpoints of other people. So when you get a bunch of them together for a scientific expedition, they don't drone on about how great their leader is and butt heads over political bullshit.

I dont think antarctica is a suitable place to launch rockets from. Considering the strong winds and extreme weather of that place.

Especially considering both the Challenger and the Columbia ultimately blew up because they launched in cold conditions

Challenger - the O-rings weren't designed to withstand the cold temperatures
Columbia - chunks of ice fell of the fuel tank during launch and smashed into the wing of the shuttle

Or maybe they could just launch rockets at night when everyone is sleeping instead of going to Antarctica

where the fuck do people get these high quality jpgs of anything imaginable wtf

>Discovery
>Disc
>Cover
>Why?
Flat Earth is real!

a little website called Google

maybe you've heard of it, I envision big things from them

You tell 'em Dwight

>cfa.harvard.edu/CMB/keckarray/
>keck Array
lost it

The grapes are disgusting. Diarrhea and sourness.

What if there were craft for which gravity didn't matter? Look into Heim theory and the work of Jochem Hauser. Interestingly enough a lot of it has been disappeared off the internet over the years...

Kerry was there on Election day.

There was a change in the coating as well that was more greeeeeeeeeeen. It was not as good as what was used prior. Columbia was the victim from that.

This consp"theory"cy also explains global warm* I mean "climate change" I imagine it's too cold to launch rockets in Antarctica, some frost on a panel or moisture in the wrong place and the fucking thing goes boom. But if it's warmer there..