Ballroom e Youkoso (Welcome to the Ballroom) is being done by Production IG

The dream is real! So happy right now!

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-29/welcome-to-the-ballroom-reveals-main-staff-summer-2017-premiere/.110452
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What is it about?
Waltz and shit?

About ballroom dancing.

You can dance to a lot of stuff in a ballroom.

>literally who director
Fug. At least it will have good animation.

was hoping it would be ig

Well, apparently he directed this short movie.
>Mitsuami no Kamisama
Same, I can't believe it's actually happening.

> IG

Muh dick.

B-but muh Kyoani...

Are there girls in it?

You fucking bet.

He's a quite well-known animator.
He was working on The Dream Machine as Satoshi Kon's successor before Madhouse pulled the plug on the movie.

Yes. Mako best girl

>Itazu
>Kishida
Count me in, even if the manga is shit.

>Manga is shit

Fuck off.

Picked up.
I always pop a heart boner at waltz scenes.

not the sort of manga that would work well in an adaption to be honest

glad the authors back though fucking hell

>The Dream Machine
Don't let the hope die user, one day, one day there will come a director who can carry on Kon's will and finish it.

If anyone can do it justice, it's Production I.G.

So fucking predictable, but excited to see them adapt this.

Of course. It's a male-female dancing.

They want some of the YoI success, but don't realize YoI is successful because of the fujoshit pandering not the shitty ice skate dancing.

The fujoshit pandering wasn't everything. Professional skaters were watching it for the ice skating w/c caused a lot of buzz. Not to mention that YoI alienated those who didn't like the BL vibes. Ballroom e Youkoso on the other hand will appeal to both genders.

>Ballroom e Youkoso on the other hand will appeal to both genders.
And that's why it's doomed to flop.

Hello, friend from the future.

this is almost an harem show

is this highschool shit?

do we know what season?

Not high school shit, it's gonna be summer.

Was thinking of reading it

I discovered they were MS only when Tatara enter HS instead of college

Everyone seems so old

Based on this page

>Generic looking MC with spiky hair
>Dancing alone and looking stupid, probably the idiot with good heart type
>He probably has raw skills that need polishing
>Small hint of a love triangle, guessing with a rich girl who danced all her life, and the black haired 'humble' girl.

How much did I got right?

You got first and maybe third right

2/4
mc looks generic, but art is amazing during dance scenes
he dance alone because he is a beginner
He starts with no skill
he admires picture girl, but no love story.Closest thing he have is with his current partner love/hate situation

Good idea, you should.

>Yuki Hayashi
>Production IG
Will succeed no matter what.
Nigga we made it.

>adaptation by kyoani
>4 threads in one hour

>literally who
>barely 30 replies

When will they learn?

Until when are they animating?

We don't really know that right now.

I also just noticed that Yuki Hayashi is doing the ost, holy fucking shit.

>kyaoni
>sugarcoated garbage plebs flock to

>other studio
>have decent threads not filled with fags

>tfw filtered those threads
Blissful

Relly only got the first one right and that's not a guess you can see it right on the page that was posted.

Morale status: SAVED.

FUCK YES
The adaptation is fucking saved, I'm so damn happy. Truly a late Christmas present.

Netotare shitlords would love this show

I don't know how Hiroyuki Sawano will fit into this but oh well.

There is NTR on this?
My dick is tingling already

what NTR? The closest thing to it it's Mc stealing someone else imouto and lesbian jelousy for MC

thanks God, so people will actually discuss the show instead of circlejerking in studiowars

Is there a man hating annoying lesbo in this?

Dropped if yes

no, it's the lesbo hating Mc for stealing her GF

case in point

Chichan > Mako >>>> Glasses

this is PIG. nostalgia-fags, seinen and shonen-fags love this studio. This will have all the studiowars you hate

Hope to see Chi-chan animated, The Wild Mare.

I feel the same.

>Last updated
>10 years ago

Still waiting for a Kono Oto Tomare anime.

It will probably get one soon enough, done by Bones, ideally.

I just hope this means some group picks the manga back up

I.G. great.

Anyway, everytime a thread of this manga pops I need to re-read some chapters, the wait is killing me. updates when?

>updates when?
Very soon, the new chapter will be released in a few days. Then, the wait until translations.

and its everything. They do various Latin dances, but the main character/couple isn't at that level, standard which is waltz, quick step etc.

He hasn't danced alone much at all, only in a small period at the very start and then around chapter 20 when he is trying to get a partner. He has danced with 3 different girls so far.

Manga was on hiatus, the d/a/ncefag has probably been here all along waiting for it to go off hiatus which it is in a week.

I think anime threads will be total shit though, manga threads didn't have much waifu shit flinging and constant art posting but the anime threads sure as fuck will

>Character designer did:
-Baccano!
-Colorful
-DRRR
-Haikyuu
-Madoka

Doesn't look pretty.

I'm okay with this, though I would prefer ufotable.

It won't be very faithful to the manga but it'll probably still look fine

All of those had great character designs, your point?

ufotable color schemes look dark most though. Why would you want that.

This meme needs to die.

Because I want this shading. Plus they are good at animating movement.

I wasn't memeing.

He made characters in Haikyuu too skinny opposed to the manga. Barely any muscles in players.

Good. Free! muscles were ridiculous. At least high school volleyball players looked like high school volleyball players.

I think he vastly improved the designs for Haikyuu.

The only positive thing about that.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-29/welcome-to-the-ballroom-reveals-main-staff-summer-2017-premiere/.110452

>Hayashi Yuuki
At least the music will be good.

>dancing starts
>no animation below the chest

Free's muscles were improved in S2. I think they looked so shitty in S1 because they weren't used to drawing them.

>first episode
>animation is rotoscoping
Lmao it's AnH all over again, you niggas be mad.

this makes me mad. I never bothered to watch YoI, but I read the manga because of the dancing.

The anime won't touch on the yuri ship until late into the season, if at all.

the ridiculous detail on their bodies/movement threw me off, which isn't a bad thing.

One of the series I most wanted to see adapted to anime is getting an anime and by one of the studios I was hoping would do it. What a fucking sweet christmas gift.

All that needs to happen is, outta fucking nowhere, a (good) studio needs to announce they're doing Lucifer & The Biscuit adaptation and I can forgive 2016 for all the bad shit it has wrought.

At this point, the only way one of his manga gets adapted is when he puts out a new series and Spirit Circle gets adapted as some sort of cross-promotion. Its probably his best manga.

or an anniversary thing in like 4-5 years.

The artstyle of the AnH manga was shit in the first place

+Did Production IG do ANH?????????

Are they still scanlating the manga? I checked a month ago and they said it was on hiatus

>it..it was ssshit anyway.

Fucking rotofags never learn.

It comes back this month. That's why we're getting the anime announcement now.

>fujoshit
Japan should be nuked

l'm not saying the rotoscoping looked good. l'm the saying the manga looked bad, too.

confirmed for never reading Ballroom.

Ballroom e Youkoso is het as fuck.

there is emphasis on both male and female bodies.

Maybe I should keep a tally and see how many times it takes for the non-manga reading anime watchers to make "LOL THEY SURE SWEAT A LOT" type remarks before I snap

>production IG

I wonder if they're going to use CG for the dancing sequences. It's the only way I can see them doing the manga justice without killing their animators from overworking.

Thank god. I would have been very upset if it went to some trash studio. Let's hope Itazu is as good at directing as he is at animating.

The Drama CDs with actual stage performances were pretty nice desu senpai. Go check them out.

I hope the dancing looks good, with IG and this director previously working as an animator it seems like it has potential.

To me YoI was a huge letdown because the skating programs looked horrible. And I'm not a fujoshit so the homo didn't distract me from the QUALITY.

Thank God