Is Digimon Adventure isekai?

Is Digimon Adventure isekai?

yes. Yes it is.

Wada Kouji tribute disc dump when though?

NO! NOOOOOOOO! I DIDN'T REALISE UNTILL NOW!

No

the fact that the isekai genre has become trash doesn't retroactively make animes that were good become trash.

Genre has been around for ages, fuck I grew up watching Monster Rancher and I though it was the sickest concept alive. Especially since my kid self wanted to slap Holly doggy style.

Yes it was. When it was cool.

SAO ruined everything.

DIGIMON DIGITAL MONSTERS DIGIMON ARE THE CHAMPION

ayy

is it rape?

Yes, Digimon, Monster Rancher, and Shin Megami Tensei Devil Children are all Isekai.

Just a back massage.

Yes, it was an isekai before the genre became a fucking template, where hack Japanese writers (and other amateur writers) reuse the same theme and setting, to tell nothing more than a power-fantasy.

It's traditional isekai, not modern isekai. It's a different type of isekai, but still isekai.

Nah, Kiba and Digimon Frontier killed Isekai.

SAO was just an amalgamation of bad writing

what is the different
don't tell me you only count fantasy rpg shit as "modern isekai"

Xros Wars came out in 2010 and was a proper isekai. I think, or wasn't it? Been a long time since I saw it.

What doea killing isekai even mean?

I don't know.
RPG mechanics is part of it. And probably things like forgetting about your original world and not caring about it. Maybe not doing anything with the fact that there are more worlds. And maybe not trying to tell a story at all. I wasn't the inventor of the distinction, hopefully someone else will help me please?

"Modern" Isekai is basically just a fantasy genre where the protagonist(s) happen to come from another world.
Traditionally the point of the journey in isekai was to return to your old world. Nowadays, it's just escapism.

yes and so is westworld

Alice in Wonderland is still the best isekai.

Yes

In a sense yes.

This

no because they don't reincarnate as a digimon

>isekai
Reincarnation is a subset of isekai, you dolt.

Isekai was never dead. Star Ocean 4, dot Hack, Inuyasha, Kyo Kara Maou, etc. kept up the trend.

of course it is

reminder that only the Isekai based on webnovels are bad.

the "it was all a dream" ending kinda ruined it though

Yes