What Sup Forums thinks of the guy who plans launch himself in a home made rocket to prove that earth is plane?

what Sup Forums thinks of the guy who plans launch himself in a home made rocket to prove that earth is plane?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Upt7ZTvcriY
livescience.com/61026-flat-earther-rocket-delay.html
youtube.com/watch?v=WZ9y8eRsoOE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Flat Earth is CIA psyops

F

F to sage
F

I mean, at least he's actually doing something.

Pretty cool imo sad he got grounded by the spherecuck lobby

AMERICA
FUCK YEAH

Media is trying to smear Flat Earth lately because it's actually true. You'll see this increase.

There is a large psy-op portion to Flat Earth in the name of the Flat Earth Society and a few agents, videos, to keep people away.

What if he is right and launches himself over the edge?

he should hurry up and do it already.. before I stop caring..oh. nevermind

S

He should live stream it.

youtu.be/Upt7ZTvcriY

When will he do it and will it be live streamed

Kek wills it

Godspeed, Flat Earth Dude

Is this the retard who is launching himself to the height via rocket that he could have just taken an airplane to reach?

its already been shut down

NPR reports that the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) "got wind" of the plan after the Associated Press reported Hughes' announcement. The agency shut down Hughes' launch, which would have taken place on public land.

livescience.com/61026-flat-earther-rocket-delay.html

But user, every commercial jet is equipped with virtual windows which simulate a round earth when looked through.

> ibf conspiracy

It will blow up on the launch pad and kill him in a horrific conflagration of burning fuel and dashed dreams. Should be pretty cool.

Abe went to the closing ceremony of Rio Olympics with this way. So the earth is not flat.
youtube.com/watch?v=WZ9y8eRsoOE

seems like someone who thinks the earth is flat would unironically do something like this

I bet that's a german rocket engineering design

Its a trial run to make sure the rocket is safe and functional. It is required to meet the legal criteria for a higher launch for a vehicle of that weight.

It would be undeniable proof and that is a risk he is willing to take

>first post best post
They think people are idiots. The reality is that people don't give a fuck about some government psyop ivory tower faggot, but if you poke us too much we might just take a look at what you're doing.

Quads confirm flat earth

Fucking checked the check.

Fake science

But when science experiments are performed incorrectly they can appear to give the opposite result. If they are shared through social media, these false ideas can be spread quickly with no one to point out their flaws. One common example is the Bedford Level experiment, a form of which was first carried out in 1838 and used to “prove” the Earth was flat for over 30 years before an explanation was found.

This experiment involved placing a marker at a set height at either end of a canal about six miles long. If the Earth is round, then one marker should appear lower than the other when viewed at the same time through a telescope because the furthest marker would have fallen away with the curvature of the Earth. But it was reported that the markers are the same height, suggesting the Earth is actually flat. Modern day Flat Earth theorists still quote this experiment.

The problem is this doesn’t take into account the optical effect of the air over the intervening water, which bends or “refracts” the light as it travels from the marker to the telescope and makes it look like they are the same height. The solution is to use multiple markers along the length of the canal which, when observed, all appear to be at different heights.

You have to fly really far to prove that, I doubt his shitty rocket would make it past the low orbit.

um, guys...

All of my wat

>h-heh its just the a-air and s-stuff making an illusion you d-dummies

Implying Mars isn't a hologram. Plebs.

If the earth was flat, the CIA would sabotage him just like they've been doing to North Korean missile testing.

The reason NASA shut him down is because there's some classified celestial objects that can be seen from space. ALL photos from space need to be channeled thru a screening process before they get presented to the public.

Natural selection at work.

flat earth idea is stupid, but nothing wrong with satisfying your own doubt and curiosity.

It seems they use pics like this to prove

You can actually see the curvature compared to the line.

I am all for it. The more happenings the better.
>idiot builds steam rocket
>launches himself fhigher then any human controlled steam rocket has ever flown
>Rocket returns to earth
>pilot is seriously injured or killed
>shitposting profit ensues

Can you measure curvature from this pic? How many meters for 1 km?

It's funny when NASA slips up on that.

I cant wait for the launch.
I want to witness someone winning a darwin award.
I also only watch formula one for the crashes

His rocket will explode and flat earthers will have yet another conspiracy to tell each other

Would be hilarious for him to blow himself up for nothing.

But muh danger to others.

How about you take some physics 101 before thinking it's bogus.

>The windows on spaceships are round and could be lenses, that's what makes the earth look round!

Everyone should be for this happening, if it turns out to be round then it reinforces the globe theory, if flat then we learn something new.

I want to see him fight Neil Degrasse Tyson to the death

WE HAVE TO LAUNCH ROCKETS TO DEFEAT THE GLOBALISTS

holy fuck, i support this 100%, one less retard on our globe.

He is a genius, but not for the reasons you might think I think.
His hobby of launching himself in rockets predates his "belief" in the flat earth. He was seriously injured on one of his previous flights, and broke his arm. These rockets aren't cheap, and following that launch he tried to get funding for his next launch, which he struggled to do. What luck then, did he stumble upon the flat earthers. While initially asking for $8000 from them to help prove the earth is flat, he managed to raise almost three times this, a cool $20000. He is taking them for a ride, in order to fund his hobby of building rockets and launching himself in them.

I think flat earth theory is plausible. I'm approaching the idea that it's probable.

But what does reaching 1,800 feet in a rocket prove? What could even be demonstrated by this? Wouldn't you need to reach much, much greater heights? I mean I live at around 5,000 feet and I can look out on valleys and shit and I don't think it proves anything.

based

Go to the top of a high rise near a major shipping port, you will see ships appear and disappear over the horizon/curvature of the earth all day.

They will stop him, pretty much proves they don't want the truth to come out.

And if I watch a ship disappear over the 'curvature', then I take out my binoculars or telescope and point it just where the ship 'disappeared', will I see the ship or just empty ocean?

Even better then, go take your binoculars to the east coast and look for europe. You won't fucking see it.

lol dumbass, curvature is clearly visible

I think it's great. He'll probably an hero and it will be hilarious. I suggest any one that thinks the Earth is flat should also build a rocket at home and shoot themselves high into the atmosphere. Lulz aside it would be a pretty fun little project to build a rocket at home, so that's pretty cool.

There is a limit to how far human eyes can see.

And the stars outside my windows are satellites. Fuck off.

the line highlights the curve

I agree that I won't see Europe in that case. Do you think it could be because of particulates in the air? We sometimes have wildfires where I live. When smoke fills up the valley you can look out across it from somewhere on the ground and easily tell, all around you, how far away hills and mountains are on each side by how obscured they are by smoke. The ones furthest away are completely obscured, because the particulates between the observed and the observed are much greater.

On normal, 'smokeless' days there is still dust and such in the air. Over a great enough distance it makes sense, to me, that you wouldn't be able to see anything solid because your vision would be blocked in this manner - by the cumulative effect of very small particles across vast distance.

I'm not a 'scientist' though. Maybe you'd be kind enough to tell me how I'm wrong in this?

>go to lake pontchartrain
>use telephoto lens(not likely to distort) to look at causeway bridge
>see curve

>inb4 the bridge is curved slightly

It's a fucking arch you dick. How do you think bridges fucking stay up?

>Mad Mike

>Spirit of Werner Von Braun guides him over the edge

Across the open ocean you have no wildfires, and there is no land for winds to pick up dust and dirt in. On the ocean you actually have a problem of seeing farther than normal due to the refraction of light between different layers of air.

And you're telling me you've never seen a perfectly blue sky? That's 100% visibility. Ships 'sink' into the horizon on a clear day and 'fade' into it on a cloudy day.

Auguste Piccard was the first person to reach the stratosphere. He said it looked like a flat disc with an upturned edge.

if the earth is flat then howcome girls can be fat and round?
checkmate

Where can I donate?
this could be hilarious

Can't wait to watch him die

It can be a mirage

#MAGA

He saw one too many episodes of Wile E. Coyote

RIP in pieces when he ends up crashing into the wall of the Truman Dome.

Are you literally claiming that, across the entire expanse of the Atlantic ocean, there are 0 particulates in the air? That's such an outrageous claim that I feel it requires some sort of documentation or support. What about mist/fog? It's just completely clear all the way across 100% of the time?

No, I've never seen a perfectly blue/clear sky. I've seen skies that appear that way, but the human eye isn't able to detect very fine particulates unless they're dense enough to obscure vision. Doesn't '100% visibility' just mean there's not enough junk in the air to obscure human vision, up to the limits of our vision? There's always stuff in the air, it's just below the threshold that obscures our vision to its natural range.

This.

Lots of rockets blew up because MATH. IS. DIFFICULT.

Long story short, rockets intending to leave the earth needs 90%+ of its mass to be fuel.
NINETY PERCENT FUEL.

That fucking rocket in the OP's image won't get anywhere even if the earth was flat. (which it isn't)

That depends of what fuel you talking about

Idiots!
Just put a GoPro on a Baloon filled with Helium and see that the earth isn't flat. God damn.

oops, meant to say ninety six.
fuck

You're forgetting the fact that flat-earthers reject gravity and basically every single piece of physics younger than Aristotle.

The NSA can hack the cam and upload CGI images, dummy.

#RIP.. idiot

>as if you need to kill yourself in a shiesty ass rocket to prove the earth is flat

So put an analog camera from the early 90's on board?

I know we joke about libshits and their
>lepinion doesn't matter since you have this particular view!
But if I find out you're a flat Earther your opinion does in fact cease to matter.

Not at all you dense motherfucker. What I'm saying is that on a good day, the curvature of the earth is much easier to see than the fucking fog.

You literally cannot see the forest for the trees

If you look into it it becomes pretty obvious that he just needs money for his hobby and is doing the whole flat earth thing to get flat earther shekels. Doesn't change the fact that this guy is a living loony tune

its Darwinism at its finest

But you're literally just insulting me and using circular logic.

>the curvature of the earth definitely exists
>the reason I can't see Europe is the curvature of the Earth

You're blinded by belief, and becoming aggressive because your belief is being challenged.

You've failed to adequately respond to every question I've posted, and then you've just moved the goalposts.

if the earth is flat, why not just walk in a straight line to find the edge? If you eventually end up in the same place it proves the earth is round

No one has ever tried. We’ve all just assumed it would be fine, but we never really tried. Haven’t you wondered why planes fly from California eastward to Japan? This rocket guy should just go across the Pacific.

sauce needed on this one.