;_;

You asked for it.

>ghost in the taco bell

>ghost in the taco shell

XD

The fuck is this shit

Android lipid cell.

>fans obsess over the idea of a live action GitS movie
>OMG why does it look nothing like the anime!

Adult Swim fags are retarded.

This what you get for not watching DC movies. Death of capeshit is the harbinger of the death of anime.

I hope it flops horribly so they never try this shit again. They want to recreate the phenomenon that is capeshit movies, but its not going to work.

You're an idiot.

>I hope it flops horribly so they never try this shit again.
Yeah. That sure worked for the last dozen shitty anime adaptations.

What needs to be done is changing the western perception that animation is a lesser form of media. Then major production companies would greenlight more animated works. Then a movie like this wouldn't need to be made. A western company would just fund more GitS animated movies.

This is also true for western products. Disney is basically destroying all its 2D animation. Not just future projects, but remaking all their classic films into live action. Because of the mistaken perception that people only care about live action. When in reality, the western audience is more interested in animation now than any time in history. As usual, Hollywood is trying to force their ideals, not following the trend of the public.

>Dork in the Shell

no i didnt

>What needs to be done is changing the western perception that animation is a lesser form of media. Then major production companies would greenlight more animated works. Then a movie like this wouldn't need to be made. A western company would just fund more GitS animated movies.

>involving the west in anime
No thanks.

Kino in the shell

No. No western money, no western influence.

The west already destroy comic and games, the west shouldn't be anywhere near anime.

I fucking hope China will pour even more money into the anime industry. China doesn't give a shit about the things western pig dog feminist or SJW do.

It's going to fail. Asia already hates it and China is calling Scarlet an anti-Asian racist. Their only hope was China seeing the movie.

>Pork in the Shell

I really hope that GiS and DN sell well so Umineko can be next

Dude, ScarJo is Jewish. Not cool.

>Jesus in the Box: Sitting Easy

You monster.
What about Tsukihime

roast(ies) in the shekel

Of course its a risk. And we don't want all the shitty PC/SJW crap infesting anime. But its already happening. They're making shitty live action movies and 90% of all animated works produced by western companies are animated in Asia.

Its already happening. It just needs to be regulated better.

Umineko cartoon was shit anyways

It looks decent outside of "pork in the shell" Major and some of the shitty daytime set designs.

>He doesn't want to watch the new hollywood blockbuster "When The Seagulls Cry" on the big screen

I hope this bombs just so that Hollywood stays away from all the cute 2D girls.

I like the buildings so much. This is the only reason I'm going to go and watch it in the big screen.

Very progressive too with all the trannies and strong independent womyn in it.

>I like the buildings so much
You are a pleb for using that reason to give this abomination any money.

Same

In before movie critics claim Scarlet Johansan's TOP TALENT ACTING is the only redeeming grace of this poorly written cyberpunk movie about dystopian California.

I'm going to enjoy the adaptation and there's nothing you can do to stop me.

>Their only hope was China seeing the movie.
What the fuck are you talking about

This movie is screamingly pandering for the Western box office

>dystopian California
They really could have done this and based it off the game. In the cut scenes they implied there's something high level than swat that takes care of terrorists. They could have told the story of that team and how it plays into the events of the game. The area looks pretty interesting too. The bay area is varied enough to make for good scenes. Everything that is already there just went out of control and expanded. They could have made a patlabor/tank police thing in the GiTS universe. Everyone would be happy if it wasn't shit. And if it was shit then people would be begging for it to be done correctly.

To be honest I would like to see a TG based horror movie with a bittersweet ending like the first part of TG.

The only way you're doing that is if you kill literally everyone at the next Academy Awards.

those are some big buildings

Disney already destroyed themselves with Frozen. Cock hungry princess wants to marry the first prince she knows. She has to save her autistic sister that ran away because 'nobody understands me' (Let it go is basically Elsa given everything the middle finger), meets guy, meets annoying sidekick that is more useful than her, falls for guy because annoying sidekick tells her guy loves her after two days of knowing each other, movie ends with hungry cock princess punching prince because 'I am an independent woman that needs no men' when she did jackshit to solve the mess her autistic sister caused.

I agree that this movie is obviously aimed on the west. But many movie companies are finding foreign markets to be more successful than western markets. Especially for ticket sales. And a lot of the movies aimed at the west like Marvel, Star Wars and etc are the more popular movies in China/Japan.

Their logic might be as simple as 'if we westernize Ghost in the Shell, then China will eat it up'. Sadly, that may just happen. Despite the Dragon Ball movie being the dumbest thing ever, it did well in China.

I'm aware. Though killing people isn't necessary if you can sway public opinion against them. Of course that's hard to do with how tightly Hollywood keeps a grip on the media.

That's such an awful greenscreen; it looks clearly like she's in a dark room with a spotlight behind her instead of being outside.

Asia gives zero fucks about this movie. The only ones that are screaming 'racist'are the weabos, SWJ and fanboys.

I thought Hollywood was supposed to be good at green-screens.

>Disney already destroyed themselves with Frozen.
>goes on to explain why the movie is bad

I hate Frozen too. But it did the opposite of killing Disney. It gave them a huge boost to profits and set them on the course for making only 3D animation. Now, 20 years from now, that might end up hurting Disney. But its not hurting them in the short term. And all shareholders and CEOs care about is the 5 year term so they get their bonuses.

That is a lie.

They are rehashing the same formula they created in Tangled. Frozen is the same story but worse, Moana is the same story but worse. It's only a matter of time.

True, to a point. Though there are multiple projects. The team that created Zootopia isn't the same who created all these shit films for example. Though they do work together.

The Disney 'teams' these days are basically a collection of 30-40 kids who just got out of art school and are working on small 3 person teams to develop pitch ideas. And then compete against other teams to get their pitch greenlit. This started with Wreck it Ralph.

Gas the Shell

>mabie you can design me better
wow so impcatfull

I expect the movie to be a shitshow, I won't be paying to see it. The art book might be nice to look at, though.

I'm really not fond of the giant holograms amongst the buildings. That looks kind of terrible to me, it smacks of an idea some producer wanted to include, like the producer for that Superman movie that didn't happen that was always trying to get a giant spider into one of his movies and ended up going into Wild Wild West

U U
U U

I expect this movie to be 'how can we copy Blade Runner while trying to be totally unique and different?' And failing miserably at it.

Man that concept art suck.
They just dont have the cultural awareness to pull it off, I mean seriously a robot geisha with a red dot because >japan dude.

That shit is just terrible, they would've done better by simply putting some robo hoes and call it a day.

Probably.

It's unfortunate for them an actual Blade Runner movie will be coming out soon after. It'll probably show them how it's done.

Its not being directed by Ridley Scott and is basically a committee formed sequel. If anything, its going to ruin Blade Runner with the same problems GitS has.

>it's a JAPANESE robot so it should have the JAPANESE flag on its face so dumb moviecows shoving popcorn in their beaks know it's JAPANESE

I think Bladerunner was only okay, not the incredible masterpiece everyone claims it is. Cool setting, good cinematography, average acting, some philosophical merit. Tell me why I'm wrong.

It's directed by Denis Villeneuve, though, he's proving himself to be a pretty great director. I kinda wish BR2 didn't have to be made just as much as GitS, but of the two it's the one I'm more willing to see.

GitS I just really wish it was left alone.

I dislike the holograms but the spider from wild wild west was great.

Or maybe it's a nationalist thing.

I liked the backgrounds and the sets.
In terms of sci-fi I still think nothing beats DYRL tho.

If it was a nationalistic thing they would have done a proper Yamato Nadesico and not being so heavy handed.

If you weren't certain of it already, here's confirmation that ScarJo will indeed be taking on a robot tank in this movie.

Asians doing animation for Western IPs (which has been going on since the days of Toei doing Dungeons and Dragons) is completely different to Western companies trying to control Japanese creativity.

>all ages
no thanks man

Blade Runner was basically Ridley Scott's version of 2001. A huge art piece. But unlike 2001, it still has character development and a story behind it.

Now Ridley Scott himself said he never intended it to spawn a whole sub genre. What we now call Dystopia. But the fact that it did means it is kind of a landmark film. But it also shows how shallow the majority of dystopias are. Because they focus so much on the atmosphere, they lack a story and characters. Which Blade Runner still had.

True. But like it or not, western studios have their fingers in anime. They have majority shares in half the production companies and TV stations in Japan.

If they want to adapt Japanese media they should just follow the Edge of Tomorrow route and take only the basic concept. Faithful adaptations can only be derivative.

>bladerunner
>not metropolis

Come on, buddy, come on.

>1989 was over 30 years ago
lol

Your pic gives me the heebie jeebies

Holocaust jokes aren't funny, user.

HBO presents Baccano when?

>Blade Runner invented the Dystopic genre

At most it made the genre accesible to plebs.

Oh, I posted this without having thoroughly read through it...
>Major Killian
That's the name they're going with? A name with "kill" in it?

That looks like shit you may find in dA. The scenario is just too satured.

we'll always have manga.

They would make half the cast niggers.

oh god i completely forgot about affirmative action

That'd be easier to handle than Scar Jo playing a Japanese person.

I hope it does well so more people can turn to the source material, driving more desire for an anime movie

Yeah, it's a half-assed photocollage.

MPC did some more comprehensive concept stuff, but I still think this is a pretty crappy looking world. The giant holograms (apparently called "solograms") remind me of the ridiculous giant sculptures holding up buildings and shit in the Schumacher Batman movies

but the most funny thing about is that most anime fans download their shit. Most buys BD if they enjoyed

Wait, the movie happens in Japan? And Murricans will have to go and save moonies' asses? If they are going to use Murricans actors why don't they just set the story in the states?

>Solograms are used to advertise big-name brands and are sometimes as large as skyscrapers [Rupert Sanders]

Living in a city like that would give me headaches. Giant neon lights everywhere.

>a lot of sci-fi delivers a very apocalyptic vision of technology's role
I hope he isn't talking about GitS there. Because between Oshii's super-dense cityscapes and SAC's cleanliness, "apocalyptic" is the last word I'd use to describe GitS. Except for all the nukes used in WW3.

I hope they decide to can it before release.

This is the setting where EVERYONE uses augmented reality. What's the point in all the holograms?

everyone probably also has augmented adblock

although I guess it would be within the capabilities of an augmented adblock to remove ads in the physical world from your view too

Blade Runner has no correlation to Metropolis aside from having tall buildings and androids. Both of which are not handled at all like they are in Metropolis. By that logic, you can claim GitS is also copying Metropolis. When in reality, it clearly took its inspiration from Blade Runner and other sources.

Its more closely relatable to 2001 because it was Ridley Scott's 'art piece' movie. And did something to revolutionize the scifi genre.

The book that is credited for being one of the starts for dystopia is what Blade Runner is based on.

I did not sir.

Can't have a Japanese name in muh Hollywood movies. Might keep a few xenophobic idiots from watching it. Despite Hollywood claiming it wants diversity, they ignore Asians the most.

You keep saying dystopia but I'm pretty sure you mean cyberpunk.

There have been plenty of dystopias before Blade Runner or Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep.

I think with this car (apparently it's Batou's) they've taken the strange decision Oshii made in Innocence to give Batou a retro 1940s-ish car, like that's some sort of future trend, and made the retro car trend be 80s-ish instead. In the trailer all the cars are no younger than around 92.

You're right. I was using the wrong term. Especially since Metropolis isn't a dystopia. Uts the opposite of dystopia, which is a genre that is so under utilized that it doesn't have a distinct term.

That does sort of resemble his car in the original Oshii movie though. Batou's car was basically future-90s-looking with some style changes they apparently didn't contemplate would go out of style.