Lets talk about Aoba

Lets talk about Aoba.

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.se
sententiaeantiquae.com/2015/08/07/heraclitus-criticized-achilles-wish-the-scholia-set-us-straight-strife-heraclitus-and-the-scholia/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

he recognizes worst girl and does not fall for her tricks. good man.

>Ikari masturbated to Asuka
>Aoba masturbated to Ayanami
It's the only logical reason why he saw Rei. Whereas everyone else saw someone they knew. He never had any interactions with Rei, so he probably strummed at the stings to his guitar to her and fantasized fucking her.

He never had any personal relationship's he got the default ending

But then why is he so scared? I get that he wouldn't be happy, but he shouldn't be cowering in the corner when everyone else was pumped to go.

Because everyone saw their most loved one coming to tangify them.

This poor bastard only saw the reis coming to fuck his shit up.
Quite sad, really.

they were going with the people they loved to be as one. Aoba knew that he was going to be tanged and didn't want to accept it. Others willingly accepted becoming tang.

When did Shinji see Asuka? When he choked her? But that's under significantly different circumstances- in a vision, and in a different sequence, from everyone else. And Rei didn't turn into Asuka.

But you might be right regardless. Everyone else saw someone they wanted to fuck:
*Misato saw Kaji
*Hyuga saw Misato
*Maya saw Ritsuko
*Fuyutsuki (& Gendou though he's exceptional) saw Yui
*Kiel saw God
So it'd follow that the person Rei turned into is the person one wanted to be smothered in, to die of. Hyuga saw Reis, so he must have wanted to bang Rei really bad.

But then why was he scared, and not pleased like everyone else?

Honestly this is to me one of only genuinely inexplicable things in Eva that can't be attributed to oversight.

You, I kinda think it's actually AFAIK, he actually didn't really love anyone in the series, so Rei didn't have anything to change into.

The main attraction of Instrumentality is being reunited with your loved ones, forever. If you have a loveless life, isn't that an eternity of loneliness? I'd be terrified if I was him.

Actually, I'd terrified if I was me.

Which one of ya'll hoodlums have a torrent link to a good quality Blu-ray rip of Persona 4 anime?

Nope, it's still an eternity of being with everyone in the world, with no fear of anyone pushing you away. It's just the prospect of it that might initially seem scary.

Fuck off Sup Forums

Lurk more, idiot.

>But then why is he so scared?
If you were smitten with a girl and she found out you masturbate to her, wouldn't you be scared too?

Although, I don't have an answer, which is odd, because unlike Maya, Aoba isn't the idealistic type, so maybe deep within his heart, he didn't want to die or considering what Rei is, if you have nobody in your life, she is the one you see in a symbolic God like imagery, like how some experience near death and say "I saw God!" Because at the end of your existence, it is he who shall judge you.

What can I say? I'm a fucking newfag to Sup Forums but longtime Sup Forums lurker, and never watched any anime before. I'm 30 years old and love Persona 4. I was told by Sup Forums to fuck off to Sup Forums when I asked about the P4 anime. I was told you all were a very friendly bunch and that you'd sure help a lad.

Lol, we're not. There's a reason we have the spoonfeeding meme.

But I suggest checking out nyaa.se , it might have the P4 anime, as well as many others you might wanna watch.

If you're looking for an autism cure, you're on the wrong board.

>Nope, it's still an eternity of being with everyone in the world, with no fear of anyone pushing you away. It's just the prospect of it that might initially seem scary.
This is death, though. That's the point- the end of suffering is the end of life, since life is struggle and differentiation. Rewatch the TV ending and read Heraclitus.
Eva has a huge amount of intertextuality with the Iliad and Odyssey, and Shinji's character and arcs are very clearly referential to Achilles', especially in EoE:
sententiaeantiquae.com/2015/08/07/heraclitus-criticized-achilles-wish-the-scholia-set-us-straight-strife-heraclitus-and-the-scholia/

>Lol
>we
>spoonfeeds anyway
neck yourself

Thanks, but you're kind of autistic. You couldn't have just posted the link without the BS? Next time, either post the link or don't, but don't give me that "hurr i are nice i will post link :)", you autistic sperg.

Thanks, friends.

pic

Welcome, newfag.

Thank you, my friend. What is the best anime to watch for someone who has literally never seen a single episode of any?

It's probably this but not for anything specific reason like more so just because Anno couldn't think of anyone that would make sense in this situation.

Well, the introductory animes I usually suggest to my friends new to anime is usually one of these:
Code Geass, Gurren Lagann, Death Note.

Not intimidatingly fanservicey, fun, go down easy without thinking too much, pretty good overrall.

But better than that would be checking out P4 and branching out into similar series, and naturally exploring your tastes.

Also, keep lurking until you've got at least 700 series under your belt :^)

But user, this isn't a filthy, disgusting rec thread.

Go to a manga thread and ask for sauce for every image and see if you'll get banned or not.

Doesn't matter if it's a thread or not, asking for recs, sauce and spoonfeeding are bannable. So kill yourself back to Sup Forums.

Will do senpai, sorry.

Stop being unfriendly.
>le ebin sekrit club maymay

Kill yourself.

>The complicated feel when you don't want Sup Forums to change but you think the boyos who get butthurt over sekrit club maymays are cringy

>google is a sekrit club because they only hire quality employees and not shit eating hobos off the street
Your parents should have aborted you to spare you from living a life as an autist.

What the fuck happened to this thread?

>I'm the autist.
Dam user I sure am BTFO. Back to the thread.

Poor Aoba can't even have a thread for himself

Aoba is best.

Rei was what came for everyone.

For other people, they were given a glimpse of happiness that they'd want to embrace.

For some reason he was able to see the "real" stuff coming at him instead of a happy vision.

Fish tank Rei's were tanging everyone, and they were coming for him next.

I think his perspective here is supposed to be the "objective" one. He was trying to reject instrumentality to the end, so he saw past the illusion.

He saw rei because he didn't love anyone

What was she going to turn into, an air guitar?

I always took it to mean that he harboured feelings for Rei but was ashamed of being attracted to an underage girl. When they come to tang him he's freaking out because A) he's sorrounded by a bunch of smiling naked Rei's that came out of nowhere and B) its a manifestation of his deepest, forbidden desire.

But apparently the canon answer is some shit about him being a nihilist or whatever.