Bōnen no Xamdou

Is it good?
Seem pretty pretty desu.

let it down let it down let it down let it down let it down let it down let it down let it down let it down let it down let it down let it down let it down let it down let it down let it down let it down let it down let it down let it down let it down let it down let it down let it down let it down let it down let it down let it down let it down let it down let it down let it down let it down let it down let it down let it down

No, it's kinda shit.

Well it's Bones, so you can expect pretty animation and shit writing.

Fuck off Shinji.
Wasted potential: The Animation
Could literally be 2nd coming of E7 but better - ended meh. But Emperor ball/Amnesia mask episodes were superb.

Good first half, meh second half, absolute garbage ending that makes me wish I hadn't watched it all.

this. seriously just run away you'll just waste your time watching this

>you'll just waste your time watching this
just like every anime ever

The opening is catchy

I just finished watching it yesterday, thought it was refreshing to watch a fantasy story without isekai. The plot is really vague which is its biggest downside.

Shut it down, shut it down, it's about to explode

Why don't you ask /m/?

The OP is literally the only redeeming quality

The story is blue balls incarnate - always giving you hope that something badass will happen but it never does. Don't waste your time.

It was fun, for sure.

This. Really disappointing considering how on-form Bones were in that period.

It was shit. The moment it went to shit was when he left those sky mail people.

The animation in the first episode is stunning but even that wasn't enough to make me watch the second one.

I liked it, or maybe I wanted to like it, but I do wish it was a lot better. The second half was a real mess. Amnesia storylines always feel like a cop out. I remember Nakiami being the only character I truly liked

The epitome of "mediocre shit."

run away from me baby
run away

There was almost some justification for the amnesia with the soul sharing stuff only it was never properly explained.
The second half would have been fine if the first half did a better job describing the setting. Multiple concurrent stories kept it interesting. I thought the crew of the ship would be important since they were so prominent early on, then they all became irrelevant except for Nakiami and the other xam'd guy who showed up much later on.

>soul sharing

What?

With the hiruko/xam'd.

Is that how he was able to save the final boss?

Like all BONES anime :
>Very good start, good potential, good universe
>Characters ok
>First half is great
>Then it becomes meh, too many explanation, wanna-be deep and profound anime with meaning
>your favorite character will die
>ending is rushed and you have no idea what happened

Starts well, if a bit too similar to E7 at the start, starts to slip in the middle, becomes dull, and then turns to complete trash right at the end.

The OP was catchy though.

The point was made multiple times that hiruko have a will of their own but I don't entirely understand what they are. It seems like chimping out is their natural tendency, and the emperor was like a xam'd without the human component. Giving him a human identity cooled him off apparently, although we never saw what happened to him afterwards. It was probably significant that they were together during that amnesia episode earlier.

From what I remember, the Emporer had no "name", with the implication that the name represented a soul/identity. So the MC gave him his own name, which essentially turned the Emporer into the MC and left the xamd part alone in the former body which is why it turned to stone or something. That was my interpretation of it though, feels like it should have been better clarified, like why the girl just had to be sealed in the chamber and more specifics on the vague bad thing that sealing her would prevent.

The entire ending just needed better build up and explanation, although thats a problem with a lot of Bones original stuff.

Amazing designs, concept, worldbuilding, etc. Has some great animation and fights.

Then the story is a meandering nothing-fest that fails to use any of the potential it created. NOTHING happens.

The only redeeming thing is the Itano Circus in the final episode, that's what saves it being complete trash.

I hated everyone on that ship. Come to think of it I hated every character in the show, they were all pretty unlikeable

Except maybe the fast loser dude

I'll never understand how this isn't common knowledge by now.

Weird to be released as a PS3 exclusive at the time.

I still don't get how he came back at the end.

>and left the xamd part alone in the former body which is why it turned to stone
That makes sense, since it was implied a few times earlier whenever a xam'd loses his level-headedness to emotion he starts petrifying.

He came back because the Emporer literally turned into him after being given his name, essentially transfering his soul over to him.

So the main dude became the final boss because the final boss had no soul?

It's really fun, personally love how underrated it is, the really good point is the animation, it's consistently absolutely phenomenal.

The story however is kind of all of over the place, but it still worth a watch.

Basically thats how I interpreted it.

I think specifically what he gave the emperor was his human memories since memory was a big theme. The captain picked Akiyuki up and brought him back to his home island where he turned into a massive boulder. The boulder disappeared where he reappeared and he mentioned remembering who he was so it was the original Akiyuki.

>let it down
>it was a letdown
Pottery.

>Letting your hot childhood friend become a cake

Unforgivable

nicememe.jpg