Remember me?

Whatever happened to Mirai Arise?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bVeHCCiIvx4
youtube.com/watch?v=s78A3kNa3Kk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's flop.

> Whatever happened to Mirai Arise?
Same thing that happened to Despera, Aoki Uru, Cencoroll 2, et cetera. It's "being worked on".

so cencoroll is vaporanime?

> Despera
> Announced: April 2009
> Last info: January 2015
Worked on with new director according to ABe Yoshitoshi.

> Aoki Uru
> Announced: March 1992 (This hurts so much.)
> Last info: June 2015
Yamaga Hiroyuki did a panel in 2015 showcasing production materials of Aoki Uru. Character drafts and story concepts. Sadamoto Yoshiyuki mentioned in an interview in very yearly 2016 that he is involved with "Aoki Uru" but that he cannot confidently say if the movie will ever enter full production.

> Cencoroll 2
> Announced: 2010
> Last info: February 2016
First it was supposed to get into theatres as soon as summer 2014. Then was postponed indefinitely. Distributor said it's coming this year. It hadn't.

> Girls` Work
> Announced: 2010
This appears to be so very dead. The official site even went down multiple times for prolonged periods of time.

> Mirai Arise
> Announced: March 2015

Well, RIP.

Mirai Arise still has a slight chance of coming out, since it might've been delayed.

This one was announced for 2016

Forgot about this one as well.

RIP

>Cencoroll 2
This might happen after Digimon tri

I was actually interested in this one. Shame we'll never get to see it.

It's not so old so there's still hope.

youtube.com/watch?v=bVeHCCiIvx4

It will come out when it's finished, dammit!

So basically a bunch of shit announced back when producers still figured people wanted complex stories, characters and distant universes as opposed to waifus with simple easy to understand scenarios as a backdrop. Sunrise probably knows it'd just be a huge money sink at this point when they could just crank out another Gundam line or Love Live thing like they've been doing for the past few years almost exclusively and that the time window for the kind of show that that Mirai Arise looked like it was going to be passed like 5-6 years ago.

Unless it has idols/waifus/husbandos or is based on some hit LN/VN isekai thing modern Japanese otaku that shore up the bulk of the industries revenue just aren't interested anymore and neither is the mainstream in the first place cause it doesn't like anime.

Gundam IBO was a mistake. Love Live was a mistake.

>2016
There's still time.

Dang... that's annoying...

It was replaced with pic related.

Classicaloyd was announced at around the same time and that came out.

They decided to do that LL show instead of this. Now is either dead, or maybe next year.

This was a Sunrise project, so no.

You know they got like 50 substudios that each work on their own projects

I think Mirai Arise was Bandai Namco Entertainment

It hurts, user, it husts so bad

>Aoki Uru
Yamaga makes a lot of promises and never lives up to them, he also said there would be an "free-diving" project and an Abenobashi special nearly a decade ago that ha snever resurfaced and at this point will never will. Aoki Uru is just another one of those promises that he resurrected because the studio is pretty much dead.

>Cencoroll 2
Will come after Digimon Tri is finished

>Girls Work
DEAD

I really hope it doesn't die.
The PV and promotional image look really interesting, and knowing sunrise's quality as of lately at worst it'll be something decent/mediocre with good production values.
Or it could be a VVV-tier trainwreck, take your pick

Jokes aside there is no ways to sell this show. Even LWA going to flop

Well it's a Sunrise show, they don't really rely on BD sales.
youtube.com/watch?v=s78A3kNa3Kk

Man, I would've loved this aesthetic for a gundam show at least.
Just the pyramid and the sun/moon symbolism there is getting me hot & bothered.

>Aoki Uru
At least there's still one reason not to kill myself for a while.

Even the creators realized it was too pretentious and stopped production altogether.

I think that's just aniplex guy turning his eye to Bandai now.

>too pretentious
we barely knew anything about it.
All it has that could slightly identify it as pretentious was the pyramid.

The phrasing of the PV is no more cryptic than the average anime.

Shit getting cancelled/on development hell has been happening for a long time, it's not a new trend.