Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/waka_geek/status/630733114059272192
youtube.com/watch?v=93oihEbeKmw
youtube.com/watch?v=c5Ka0WFqftA
youtube.com/watch?v=1zAMJXZnJoY
youtube.com/watch?v=gDvq9USBbUA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ban assault rifles

He should have used it to end Nui. It would have been a much better way to take her out of the picture.

"Muda Da"

They forgot about it.

It went out the window with the show's plot and quality around episode 13. Everything went to shit right around there.

Hastily rewritten.

I don't even remember it and I watched the show twice.

I liked the character

that shit would've ended KLK quickly

Unused, forgotten plot device.

If anything, they should have tried to use it against Ragyo. Make a whole huge display of loading some fancy sniper, firing it with a big bang, only for it to plink off of her harmlessly.

D A I L Y R E M I N D ER

that Satsuki's Junketsu-Shinzui forme didn't happened in the anime/manga at all.

Written out because it'd be too easy a solution, though other user was right in that it should have taken out Nui at least, by the end she wasn't really a threat to any of the main characters anyway.

What about this?

But 18 was the best episode

But that also wouldve felt cheap, like how bakuzanm ended up having the same powers as the scissors because all you needed to do was cut the fibers with two blades at the same point, which also reduced the relevancy of the scissors

>But that also wouldve felt cheap, like how bakuzanm ended up having the same powers as the scissors because all you needed to do was cut the fibers with two blades at the same point, which also reduced the relevancy of the scissors

Space Control Luluco just had them burning the life fibers.

remember me guys?

What was this? Radio drama exclusive form?

Junketsu-Shinzui as illustrated by Shigeto Koyama

from Art of KLK 3
twitter.com/waka_geek/status/630733114059272192

> All you needed to do was cut the fibers with two blades at the same point

That's not correct, was it? I'm pretty sure one of Satsuki's general guys explained that they specifically made Bakuzan to be able to cut life fibers like the scissors.

I don't remember you because you never happened in the anime.

Heck that's one of the things that pissed me off the most about KLK. Satsuki was Little Mrs. Perfect and never had a fucking flaw to her. Ryuuko went through some pretty good development in both character and power level, all while Satsuki was "I am so perfect and can never once fail". Even when she DOES get pummeled by evil Ryuuko she just has a shit eating grin on and it's all a part of the keikaku.

Would it have killed to see her actually lose or even go berserk mode with Junketsu? I would have loved to see her plans get foiled by Ryuuko, get her ass whooped by Ryuuko in a fight, and then have her throw a temper tantrum and go crazy for a bit before getting slapped back to her senses.

i wished

> Satsuki was Little Mrs. Perfect and never had a fucking flaw to her.

Except when she realized and admitted that she went about her rebellion in the wrong way, effectively becoming what she rebelled against? How she realized that her methods were cruel and unnecessary?

Or when she spectacularly failed in her rebellion plan, got absolutely demolished by Ragyo, and taken prisoner before she had to be saved by someone else?

Shit, by the end when Satsuki and Ryuko were attacking Ragyo while she was flying the original life fiber to the school, Satsuki had accepted the role of literally just being a diversion for Ryuko because everyone knew she stood absolutely no chance in an actual fight.

Oh thats a shame, not too bad since it wasnt a dropped plot point in the show, but still upset we didnt see berserk junketsu or hear it talk or that this lead to nothing.

At first it was just a sword, but then at the end after it was broken and reforged into two blades, it got the same properties as the scissors

But the sword was specially made to be able to cut life fibers, which was the only real requirement along with the 'needing to cut both sides at exactly the same time' thing.

>Except when she realized and admitted that she went about her rebellion in the wrong way, effectively becoming what she rebelled against? How she realized that her methods were cruel and unnecessary?

Lasted all of a few seconds and was just a shitty Japanese "I bow and somehow this is enough to say sorry".

>Or when she spectacularly failed in her rebellion plan, got absolutely demolished by Ragyo, and taken prisoner before she had to be saved by someone else?

Except that led to part of the keikaku, especially with the asspull of a fake nail to cut her way out.

I wanted to see her bawling her eyes out or throwing a complete breakdown tantrum, not just getting back up. She needed to be 200% broken for at least a few episodes. The fight against evil Ryuuko should have had her in a bloody pulp on the ground begging to live, only to be saved by HALLELUJAH.

DTR

DEE TEE ARRRRRRRRR

NTR

Was it? My bad then.

I'm pretty sure they were just making up shit as they go.

DTR
T
R

And to be honest, it worked.
My favorite anime because I really could not see the ending the whole way through.
Voice acting was incredible (except symphony-chan of course)

reminder that Takarada did nothing wrong

> Lasted all of a few seconds and was just a shitty Japanese "I bow and somehow this is enough to say sorry".

It was a pretty important scene, and Satsuki did ask for Ryuko to punch her full force to take responsibility for it. The only reason she didn't get hit was because Ryuko couldn't bring herself to use her full strength to hit her, her elite guys noticed, and then took the hits saying "if you aren't going to use your full strength, don't hit her at all"

> Except that led to part of the keikaku

Not really, she managed to get out, but she would have been captured immediately if it weren't for the main group coming to save her ass. Regardless, she literally got the shit beaten out of her by Ragyo and was apparently tortured until she had the opportunity to escape.

> I wanted to see her bawling her eyes out or throwing a complete breakdown tantrum, not just getting back up.

That's just your fantasy then, everything we had seen so far in KLK makes it clear she's not that type of person, and she'd probably rather die fighting than give up, even if she isn't really that useful.

Like I said, it's clear by the end that she was basically just a decoy so Ryuko could do the real work, and, in the climax, she was with everyone else back on earth doing jack shit while Ryuko took care of Ragyo.

Hell, Mako was probably more useful in the end fight than Satsuki was, all she really did was hold the other half of the scissors for like, ten seconds, which still didn't kill Ragyo.

did they fuck?

>nonon not the best voice
nani sore?

No, Ryuuko only does it with her clothes

GET AWAY FROM MY WIFE

DAMN IT

Really? Good thing I dropped this garbage on episode 12.

You missed the most fun arc of the show.

youtube.com/watch?v=93oihEbeKmw

Still wasn't enough. She was set up on a goddamn pedestal since the first episode, and she needed to be knocked off it square onto her ass/face. It never happened, and it pisses me off to this day. Ryuuko had it happen to her numerous times in the anime, yet Satsuki is apparently immune to it.

I had repeatedly hoped to see her get her face smashed in by Ryuuko in multiple instances (the berserk fight, during the tour, the evil Ryuuko fight, etc), and yet it just always ended up with "psh I'm fine and my resolve is magically intact like nothing has happened at all and I've still got my pride blah blah blah". She needed a part where she doubted her motives or her strength or her resolve, only for it to be restored by the elite four or Ryuuko.

Trigger basically threw the whole plot of KLK in the trash midstream and rewrote it on the fly.

That's why I always roll my eyes and shake my head when I see people like Digibro praise Kill la Kill. You're praising the trashy remains of what was almost certainly a much better story.

But why did they do it?

I have no fucking idea. Probably only people who know work at Trigger.

>Plot? Continuity? The fuck is that? We too-cool-for-school action now

Its a constant reminder that KLK was meant to have a story that might have actually been decent but was completely abandoned midway through for some reason.

It's one of those shows that defiantly didn't know how it was going to end.

From a cliche standpoint I understand why someone would make this but from a narrative and thematic standpoint it's nonsense.

All they had to do was give us a repeat of TTGL and throw planets/galaxies at each other. Instead it went out like a wet fart with zero hype.

But KlK IS TTGL for girls

Also
>gama dropping from the sky laughing in the last episode as he did in the first
>not hype

For all we know it could have been lost or destroyed in the aftermath of the attack on the Osaka base. They never brought it up again, but I sincerely doubt that it would have had any effect on Ragyo or Nui, going from an in-story perspective.

Ragyo fight is pretty much the worst of the TTGL clones, even a gag show final boss like B-Holeian had the full gainax animation treatment.

>she needed to be knocked off it square onto her ass/face. It never happened, and it pisses me off to this day.

Sounds like you've just got shit taste.

>She needed a part where she doubted her motives or her strength or her resolve, only for it to be restored by the elite four or Ryuuko.

Oh look, someone wants a tired ass and cliche trope in their anime, how new.

Satsuki is the epitome of alpha, deal with it.

She was a rigid cunt and needed to be bent out of shape at least once or twice.

>Oh look, someone wants a tired ass and cliche trope in their anime, how new.

And yet it's perfectly fine that Ryuuko had the whole "lose her way" thing happen at least twice?

Her entire rebellion and scheming just played right into Ragyo's hands and amounted to nothing, and spent the entire second half of the show becoming the punching bag for literally everyone. She apologized, made up for her wrong doings, I don't really know what more you want. Sure she did it all with the same cold expression but I think that's just how her face normally looks.

me on the left

>I don't really know what more you want

You answered that in your next sentence. She should have broken down in a whole "I'm a failure and can't do shit" mess after that, with Ryuuko and/or the elite four saying "oh stop crying we've got a job to do and a shitton of people to save". Having her never once show a single sign of weakness was fucking stupid and did absolutely nothing for her emotional development. She was the same "muh revenge muh rebellion muh resolve" through the entire show with a single hint of change.

>My favorite anime because I really could not see the ending the whole way through.
Shouldn't Samurai Flamenco be your favorite by that standard?

But that just raises the question of why even add it in the first place? It's only 26 episodes for fucks sake, how did they run into an issue like that?

>you will never waifu Mako

Bullet lost its way.

Kill la Kill has to be the most obvious example of a show just making it up week to week. I hate shows like that because they always drop in quality later on as things are supposed to come together but the authors haven't actually planned out what happens.

Underrated post

what?
i've never heard that before, story?

It's nonsense: there's a separate story where Imaishi went threw out the earlier drafts for the show, but that was all before the show started airing. The story was reworded to not include that fact and it became the popular bait you see.

oh i see
thanks user

Nova-kun ;_;

IIRC the whole Mako x Gamagori thing started because they saw art of them together on Pixiv and decided to make it a thing.

>So like, what happened to this?

It works in One Piece
It works in Superman

I thought that was just a fake story and they planned them from the beginning? You do see them interacting as early as episode 4

I miss this cutie.

>eletric shamisen will never intensify again

While we're in the topic
>this was a thing

It wasn't meant to foreshadow anything. It was just an easy way for them to disable the character and any criticism of it could be hidden behind KLK's wackiness.

It's shit fuck you.

>an easy way for them to disable the character
But they never even used it once.

youtube.com/watch?v=c5Ka0WFqftA
Best theme

please
youtube.com/watch?v=1zAMJXZnJoY

2eerie4me

Go back to re:ddit, retard

this is best
youtube.com/watch?v=gDvq9USBbUA

What ever happened with "S1 I Die"?

it was "21 I DIE" and theoryfags got BTFO

"51 I die" if anything

>they planned to have at least 51 episodes of KlK before they trashed everything midseason

Imagine? We could still be having weekly threads

Forgotten, just like the series.