Flip Flappers

One last thread for the best girl of the show.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/raw/6TjXeXF8
pastebin.com/raw/nr2UqrWw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This won't be the last thread. There are still so many things to discuss, symbols to analyze, and flaps to flip.

Can't argue with those quads.

Digits know

Despite all the shit she's been through one thing is still clear as day

Smile status: Protected

That's not the first time Kek shows his affection towards FlipFlappers

>Salt will never steal Tuesday PV again

>Yayaka saves anime
>strikes a Kamina pose
Coincidence, I think not

Why do you keep making these threads? The show is over. There's nothing else to discuss, unless you count shitposting as a "discussion".

Get a load of this guy. He probably doesn't even know about sodium vapor lamps.

Wrong pic, op.

>Yayaka and Cocona folders are a variety of fanart, screenshots, etc.
>Papika folder is literally just meme reaction images
I'm sorry, Papika.

Flip Flappers is so forgettable it will be forgotten by the time this thread is archived.

>Sup Forums-posting, Sup Forums-posting, reddit-posting, unadulterated shitposting
Flip Flappers deserved better.
All in all, even with the rather rushed ending, this show was something special.

I love love love Sup Forums

I really have no idea what makes this show so attractive to all these shitstirrers.

People really like it, so they're more willing to reply to bait to defend it.

It should have stayed as whacky adventures the whole way.

I've saved so many Coconafaces I'm afraid I'll get accused of avatarfagging somewhere down the line

did 3htz respond yet?

>years from now
>you post a Cocona reaction face with generic filename
>an user responds with a Papika face

Mitsuketa

>an user responds with a Papika face
>receives a smug YYK in reply

pls repsond

bunny dick

Yea FlFl really deserves better then you faggots getting triggered from opinions which arent your own
>all these people from different boards like the same anime as me, what a true horror.

real pathetic

>proud crossboarding

It was shit. Get over yourselves.

I still can't get over the birthing references.

The best aspects of characterization came out of the chemistry between Cocona and Papika.
You're asking that the show didn't have a satisfying ending that suddenly tied all of these different parties together and gave the couple its unbridled future.
>I'm actually too autistic to understand the concept of ontopic posting.
Shot in the dark, slick. You're from Sup Forums or Sup Forums.

If we see tongueposting past the end of winter 2017 I'll be happy.

With these I'M JUST POSTING MY OPINION WHY SO TRIGGERED fags it's always Sup Forums.

Little Cocona first seeing her Aunt Papika as she is birthed from the vaginal canal that is Mimi.

And Cocona saw...

the world is beautiful and colorful.

This has to be completely intentional by the director holy shit

I absolutely love the fact that Papika became a literal embodiment of regression and also of progression simultaneously by the end of the series.

I feel like this show was trying to tell me that escapism is healthy after all.

Was pretty disappointed with the show in the end. Really needed more time to expand the plot and its ideas. Was hoping episode 3 was gonna be the foundation for the rest of the episodes. But instead we got 4 episodes of filler and 2 episodes being character stories with slight plot and 9 to 13 being pure exposition dump.
4/10
The only saving grace was Yayaka.

>Was hoping episode 3 was gonna be the foundation for the rest of the episodes. But instead we got 4 episodes of filler

I don't know if there's a JoJo thread up but surely you can start one if not.

Just saw the director's retweet. I'm so happy we came together and did this. I love you guys, lets go adventuring again sometime.

While I haven't watched part 4, I could say the same thing with Part 3 at least. Just not a fan of Stand of the week.

How did the animator not have a heart attack while drawing this?

Their souls are already dead thanks to Japan working conditions.

Today I will remind them.

I was kind of hoping they'd make a big print of the card and frame it in their studio.

Omae wa mou shindeiru

We would have had to send them a print ourselves if that were to happen.

It definitely would have been nice to get an even more positive reaction, but I'm just glad we didn't simply get a "Thank you, please buy the BDs!", people genuinely seemed to be happy about it so I'm content.

>Please buy the BD's!
I'd have preferred that to Thank you Reddit!

Oshiyama on FLFL world setting full text OCR
>pastebin.com/raw/6TjXeXF8

Summary:
>What is PI?
>Umwelt+Collective Unconscious inception.

>What is proto-KKK?
>It was a small lab which was not evil at first but turned evil after Saltdad brainfuck.
>(Also, Papikana was an ordinary human being(??))

>What is FF?
>Salt's personal army. Sayuri and Hidaka just followed him.
>Salt became a university lecturer as disguise and to make a living.
>Sayuri was his student.
>Hidaka (not from proto-KKK) worked with Salt because he respected Salt and Salt gave him a place to enjoy his own autism.

>KKK endgame?
>Exploit Mimi's power and manipulate the Collective Unconscious to unify the world.

>Papika deaging and memory loss?
>Papikana ran into a limbo area between PI where the spacetime is so unstable that her memories and age were reset from 19 yo to an infant.
>Cocona wandered into the limbo area in her "dreams" and found Papika. They met. Papika remembered Cocona's smell.
>It is important to note that Papika regaining memories is a setting in which her age of the mind did not return to the old age of 19 instead her mind was reborn and remembered her previous life. Her feelings and childishness do not go away even after regaining the memories.

>Papikana ran into a limbo area between PI where the spacetime is so unstable that her memories and age were reset from 19 yo to an infant.
So basically convenient magic, meh, pretty disappointing.

Should have been a 2 cour

>19
>not even a cake
That means she spent around 5 years together with Mimi and Salt. Most of her old memories must have been from before that.

WHO IS BU-CHAN'S BRAIN?

ME

It was always going to be convenient magic.

>>It is important to note that Papika regaining memories is a setting in which her age of the mind did not return to the old age of 19 instead her mind was reborn and remembered her previous life. Her feelings and childishness do not go away even after regaining the memories.
CALLED IT
I fucking called this. I said Papika's case was closer to some kind of reincarnation recovering the memories of a past life, rather than going back to being that person.

And it turns out Papikana was 19yo, not even a cake, and barely 5 years older than what Cocona is now. I did imagine Mimi became pregnant a young age, rather than being in her mid-twenties or early thirties.

Is that a scarf or did she take Salt's Christmas curtains?

>her mind was reborn and remembered her previous life.
Haha, I was right faggots.

Salt/Sayuri being Teacher/Student makes sense too I guess.

>海外からの反応も多くて嬉しい。

>>Papikana ran into a limbo area between PI where the spacetime is so unstable that her memories and age were reset from 19 yo to an infant.
What a boring fucking cop out

Can't be the entire explanation anyway because it doesn't explain the dicktree.

That would be implying Flip Flappers explains anything

So is that like "genetic memory" kinda deal from the Nanohaverse then?

>it doesn't match my headcanon so I hate it!

It doesn't and doesn't need to.

The ending was confusing and inconclusive, though.

Also we still need to discuss its sales once it comes out.

It's not about headcanon, it's just lazy writing to wave your hands and say MAGIC! All they had to do was somehow tie it into Evil Mimi's plan and then it is explained.

Fuck off Mimi. Guess this name has more than one meaning in FliFla threads.

Its a lazy excuse, nothing about headcannon

Or just say that when Mimi realized she wasn't going to make it, she gave the child to her best friend and used her last strength to de-age her so her daughter could have an equally good friend.

>The ending was confusing and inconclusive, though.
How?

I don't think it's a cop-out, since knowing what PI is we can tell that it does lend itself for this type of development.

The problem, once again, comes down to execution, since there was no build-up for this, and the scene just happened.

No idea, I'm not familiar with that concept.

Papika was turned into a baby, so she essentially was a blank slate, with no memories or experiences whatsoever. She was a new person, in a way.

As we saw in the series, her memories were recovered literally through crystal magic (since they weren't a part of her any more, due to being degaed/reset). However, for Papika, those Papikana memories are probably closer to "information" rather than actual memories, since we know they didn't affect her maturity in any way, meaning they likely didn't count like experiences to her.

Cute Nyunyu.

I just loved when the twins say the "Ah." it's always make me laugh

>she gave the child to her best friend and used her last strength to de-age her so her daughter could have an equally good friend
I don't think that would be a good idea, since that would make it seem as if Mimi considered Papikana some kind of object she could just use as she pleased.

>Papika was turned into a baby, so she essentially was a blank slate, with no memories or experiences whatsoever. She was a new person, in a way.
She still knew how to talk and had enough awareness to mark days or whatever on the wall. It must have just taken away her actual memories.

That's like saying there was no buildup for the second impact in Eva. I happened before the actual show.

That works too.

>Cockona

No idea, they said in the interview her mind was "reborn" stating that both her memories and age were "reset". I take that as meaning she went back to zero.

As for how she managed to learn language and being able to count, again, no idea, could be PI magic.

If it was actually interesting they would have put it in the show. Sure, it's frustrating to not know, but some explanation in an interview is not the thing you should be objecting to - the intention here was clearly that it doesn't really matter.

What did you niggers do?

>Papicunt

That's a bad example, since the 2nd Impact was always a clear aspect of Evangelion's setting. We knew what happened early on - we didn't know necessarily the full details, but we knew enough so that the setting was understandable.

In FF, Papika actually having been older was a plot point that got introduced by episode 7 (i.e. past the story's mid-point). That plot point also introduced the question of how she got deaged, and that question wasn't answered until ep13 (i.e the final episode), and even the answer was really vague, as all the story did was show her deaging, with no explanation as to how/why it happened.
With a proper build-up, that wouldn't have been a problem.

We showed the elevens that we are warmhearted people.

So yayaka gets shafted so hard cocona doesnt even give a shit about her anymore? what the fuck
fuck papika hated that bitch from the beginning
it was so hard to see yayaka slowly accepting the ntr.
also why the fuck should salt get together with sayuri?
He can still communicate with mimi via cocono or maybe even enter pure illusion himself

Got the link to the last thread?

Thats the problem with the show.
Anything not really make sense? lol just don't think about it.
Introduce characters that don't do anything? lol just don't think about it.
Put in plot points that don't really get answered? lol just don't think about it.

>you will never flip Papika's flaps

>So yayaka gets shafted so hard cocona doesnt even give a shit about her anymore?
What makes you think she doesn't give a shit about her any more?
Yayaka is still a friend and clearly a very important person to Cocona, just not an object of romance like Papika is.

Don't think, feel!

fuck papika
everything was set up with yayaka being cocona's new and true partner when she disobeyed the organisation and papika remembered mimi. What a disappointment.

>fuck papika
I suppose Cocona will do that, one day.

>everything was set up with yayaka being cocona's new and true partner
In your mind maybe.
Yayaka did several things for Cocona, mostly protect her, but the one who changed the way she saw and experienced her own life was Papika. Cocona even brings this up when she confesses to Papika in the final episode.

Even the imagery in the show is lent itself to show how Papika brought colours, light and life into Cocona's life.

None of that was ever part of Yayaka's role in the story. That's why hers was a one-sided love. That was always her set-up.

Well. If they told you everything straight up, you'd not really thinking about it either. If they keep things vague, the viewer can come up with his own answers.
I guess that is not everyone's cup of tea though.

Oshiyama interview full text OCR
>pastebin.com/raw/nr2UqrWw

Some interesting bits:
>I like visual storytelling and hiding stuff in plain sight.
>I drew inspirations from animal behavior studies (Umwelt) and Jungian psychology.
>I'm not sure if I have a commitment to yuri but I felt like I broke Yuniko's rule of "not overdoing it" in ep 7 when I demanded Kojima not to draw Papito and Papiya as boys because I didn't like het pairings with Cocona.

>when I demanded Kojima not to draw Papito and Papiya as boys because I didn't like het pairings with Cocona
This just keeps getting better.

There is a difference between exposition dump and pacing out the information. I hate things that are just flat out explained as soon as they're introduced or everything is explained in one big episode. I like when something new is introduced and maybe some hints along the way, but a couple episodes later we're given an explanation and/or given a reason why they're even there.

Cocona is a pure flower who's not to be defiled by a dick. Sorry Futanon, still love you.