Germany is evaluating the F-35 to replace the Tornado

We want to buy 120 F-35s or an unspecified number of F-15SE or F-18s.

These American products have to fight it out against the home made Eurofighter Typhoon Block D.

Is the F-35 really worth it? It seems there are lots of critics out there.

Other urls found in this thread:

nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/5-signs-the-f-35-fighter-smashing-success-21244
nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/chinas-mach-6-monster-air-air-missile-could-make-the-us-air-18536
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

its worth it. hurry and buy some.

buy the dip

don't buy something you're not using

(((F-35)))

Yes goy, please buy some!

Why not Eurofighter?

We also got these very expensive toys :)

>don't buy something you're not using
Why is that? You buy fighter jets and bombers not because you are using them, but to make politics and to show off shiny toys to your plebs.

The F-35 is the best plan for BVR engagements.

Because It's like double the cost of the F-35 and not as good.

>Why not Eurofighter?
It is a competition. The military will evaluate the best option. But the generals want "stealthy" and only the F-35 is really into the meme stealth.

>Tornado
>Typhoon

Pick one OP

Made in Europe though

You'll get whatever lines the pockets of your deciders

>most expensive planes in history are also useless pieces of shit
Why couldn't they build either cheap, shitty planes or expensive, nice planes?

>that reading comprehension
Right now they have Tornados that will either be replaced by Eurofighters or F35.

then by all means, knock yourself out

oh yeah, better wait until some asshole country invades you and fucks your air force in the ass before buying the planes and training your pilots and technicians to operate and maintain them, pretty sure there will be time for that then.

The only people invading Germany don't have airplanes

Stealth was/is the climate change junk science applied to the military. It's an overhyped piece of garbage, 15 years off schedule. Look at what China/Russia are putting out to offset it....the f-35 won't last in combat against any major opponent. It's a budget vacuum, nothing more/nothing less.

I worked on a number of components for this flying garbage truck and virtually everybody I interfaced with (except one) was a virtual idiot paid by bloated budgets.

Do yourself a favor - if you want a relic of US military spending gone mad buy something that won't eat your entire defense budget.

I think that both of these planes had huge amounts of money going to them to fund other technology.

Kitty Hawk to the Lockheed A-12 took 60 years. I would imagine that 50 years later, the state of the art is quite different than what is shown publicly with the F22 and F35

People are still buying F-15s? Like collectors of vintage shit?

For fucks sake, get the F-15s and not the garbage F-35s

The F35 is superior in 1 on 1 combat with literally any fighter jet fielded by world militaries

t. military expert

>t. lockheeb shill
Stealth is a meme

Unable to operate if you don't have air dominance.
Its only good if you already dominate the air space.

Can anyone quantify the benefits of this craft in specialized or abstract generalist roles?

I work for BAE so I have no interest in shilling for LMT

nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/5-signs-the-f-35-fighter-smashing-success-21244

the F-22 is a fucking beast. The F-35 turns warfare into an Iphone app.

Buy the god damn airplane

You dumb Cunt.

No, the only viable thing in the meta atm is Su57.

>either cheap, shitty planes or expensive, nice planes?
Because stealth gives you more flexibility and the R&D required to make a decent stealth plane forces production at scale.

To give you an idea, the F-117 couldn't be stood on or roughly handled because of it's poor stealth coating (the entire plane had to be mounted to a custom articulated arm so that a huge spray painting assembly could coat the whole thing, even getting a piece of bird shit on the plane would ruin the stealth characteristics). The B-2 has to stay in climate controlled hangers because of it's paint. The F-35 has hard baked stealth panels and only requires some radar absorbing duct tape to cover up gaps in panels.

Many billions of dollars have been dumped into stealth technology. It makes no sense to only make a few stealth aircraft after having invested in stealth.

>Look at what China/Russia are putting out to offset it
Static radar systems that will be destroyed in the first hours of a war?

Sure. It has great sensors, it's a stealth aircraft, it has great communication (you'll receive radar contacts 80 nm away if there's a friendly F-35 in the air in the first couple of seconds after turning the engines on), and it can operate in contested environments unlike any other plane before it.

>turns warfare into an iphone app

Hahahahahaha, did this mouth breather really turn this disaster talking point into a positive thing?

WW3 is basically going to be China pressing a button and all of our aircraft fall out of the sky at once.

>Eurofighter Typhoon Block D.
isn't that for air superiority whereas f35 is multi role?

>W3 is basically going to be China pressing a button and all of our aircraft fall out of the sky at once

yeah, you're high

Be a good goy and buy the F-35.

>(((MSM))) shill article
garbage

>Static radar systems that will be destroyed in the first hours of a war?

He says without mentioning their 500-1k NM range and backup systems. And no, he was mentioning the J20 and the superior Sukhoi 57

>it can operate in contested environments unlike any other plane before it.

Oh I apologize, I didn't know I was in /rtrd/.

what does it matter? they're already being invaded by the orders of their own leaders.

>People are still buying F-15s? Like collectors of vintage shit?
They make them fresh. It is a bit like lebkuchen, they make them fresh each year, not reuse the ones from 1927.

>He says without mentioning their 500-1k NM range and backup systems.
So you now know that F-35s are coming for you, but you can't get tracking data, just like before?

>and the superior Sukhoi 57
Did you get a pay rise?

Bullshit. Only in a Lockheed simulator.

For about 2/3 the cost they could pickup the F-18 supers. Combat proven system that will easily contend with near-peer forces, which is really the only thing Germany will be facing ( soviet shit flown by arabs). Plus maintenance is already hammered out since they have access to them already with so many American hornets there.
Eurofighters are a cash sink it seems like.
Way more than the cost of the F/A-18 Superhornet, for something that does the same job.

this gave me visions of the humans learning to fly the harrier jump jets in battlefield earth for some reason.

Yes please everyone buy our f35 and wave your dicks while we finish our SR-72

I used to be a big /k/fag but I'm reaching the point where I really question spending trillions of dollars preparing for wars that aren't going to fucking happen. There hasn't been a "real war" in 70 years and the minute there is one the entire human race will die that day so what's the point of having the most advanced air-to-air radar penetration?

I mean, forget about new systems and just imagine how much money the US wasted on Strykers and F-18s and Abrams and fucking aircraft carriers that were never used for anything except taking pot shots at sand niggers in caves and gooks in rice paddies who themselves were armed with nothing but rifles and IEDs

China has stolen the entire plans for this aircraft along with many others.

Don't worry about it, goy. Sure sucks that the jews are sucking western civilization in dry in every respect EXCEPT for the US military which is pure.

So go buy another aircraft carrier or expensive piece of shit stealth (tm) fighter. It's for the good of America!

F-35 is a pretty good airplane if you neglect to look at its gim-mickey mouse shit. Its not very maneuverable but its radar makes up for it, taking the shots long before the enemy's radar range. Now if it came equipped with lazers that can destroy incoming missiles, you could easily omit the stealth circus.

USA should redirect all that money into developing lasers that can down icbms

under rated

Would get its shit kicked by su-35

F-35 has no useful range, remember it has to try to fly back home. Russians are way better at radar and electronic warfare than anyone gives them credit for. A few salvoes of these will screw up their mission just because evasive action fuel burn. Lockheed executives and real generals got paid billions to create frankenplane. They didn't care about anything but their personal bank accounts

nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/chinas-mach-6-monster-air-air-missile-could-make-the-us-air-18536

Why doesn't Germany just buy some F-15s and F-16s and call it a day?
Proven airframes

And why don't we optimize the eurofighter?
I mean we are a bunch of european nations with good engineering, knowedgle and resources, i would opt for the eurofighter v2, made cheaper and better

You retards are the worst.

So bluepilled on the military because you like to get boners over A10s shooting at some worthless dirt

We are going to lose WW3 quicker than any army in history.

>I mean we are a bunch of european nations with good engineering, knowedgle and resources, i would opt for the eurofighter v2, made cheaper and better

Politics. Brits make parts of the Eurofighter and we hate them now. So better buy from Trump to get on Trump's good side.

Not stealthy enough against the Russians or Chinese.

The fuck are you even on about. And no, we aren't going to lose ww3, the only thing that can bring down USA is the USA.

>F-35 has no useful range,
You retard.

That brrrrtttt canon is pretty sexy you can't deny that.

thats what autocannons sound like

This isn't exactly true, though. We certainly don't have existential threats anymore, not on the same level as a Japanese invasion of the West coast or something, which was at one point a serious concern, right? So why don't we have those threats? Could it be that our carrier fleet being ten times the size of the runner up have something to do with it? And we have at least kept most of our forces experienced in actual warfare, it's not like utterly destroying the Iraqi army, one of the largest and best trained in the region, wasn't a real war. It sure let everyone know we still have massive swinging dicks militarily, despite the political and destabilizing backlash. Trillions is a lot of money, and for sure it kinda begs the question of what it really accomplishes, but if we cut out ridiculous R&D black project stuff, the costs Are a bit smaller and really do directly translate into having absolute military sovereignty anywhere in the world if we want to.
Some of the shit we blow money into that never sees the light of day because it's retarded, though... That kinda peeved me.
Like, the Earth Battalion or whatever, the movie/book called The Men who stare at goats, must have cost the taxpayer millions of dollars. And it went on for years, with dudes trying to actually kill with their minds and run through walls.

Why don't the americans sell us this sexy beast?

>believing that government and corporations are hyper competent and can fool world populations in massive conspiracies
>believing everything corporations and military publish about weapon technology is true and accurate
>thinking that Russia and the USA will ever engage in air to air combat using these planes

Stealth was basically a gamble, but the planes are still top tier in terms of BVR combat.

Everything is compromised.

China, Russia have plans for almost everything we built.

Everything is built to be sold for the highest price not to protect the US mainland.

>So you now know that F-35s are coming for you, but you can't get tracking data, just like before?

Assuming 1) they aren't being picked up by close range MM or tactical radars 2) they are actually immune to all forms of long range scanning 3) no ducting 4) no receive scanning 5)only f35's are used

Do I go on?

>Did you get a pay rise?

I was about to ask you. Rubles don't pay. How are shekels?

>I used to be a big /k/fag but I'm reaching the point where I really question spending trillions of dollars preparing for wars that aren't going to fucking happen

That's what I'm saying. For the total cost, they're only going to fill niche wars like Afghanistan anyways. Great post btw

>longest range missiles are Russian and Chinese short-medium range missiles
>thinks this is the pinnacle of BVR

You're right about the gamble though

Forgot to add: PAY YOUR TWO PERCENT

Not a single cent given to anglosphere ty

ICBMs killed existential threats. The only external threat to the US, or to Russia, or to China, or Britain, or France is the complete destruction of humanity. They have all been given veto power over existence.

And funnily enough a trillion dollar stealth coating doesn't do much to fight the civilizational ennui and self-loathing that WILL kill half of those countries outright.

underrated

f-22 are a massive success though?

are you sure you are not melanin challenged and can't into future thinking?

I only have experience with the F-15E, but the F-35 fucking ravages it like nothing, it can destroy a F-15 before the pilot can even see the F-35.

I want to cum inside that pondering loli

What's wrong with F-22s? Aren't they pretty much the same model?

To the moon! We'll be riding lambos on Mars once we're done nuking Iran for our (((overlords)))

What "future scenarios" involve ridiculously overpriced and underperforming aircraft in any scenario but facing enemies with zero real AA whatsoever, or facing enemies who will completely destroy the earth's entire surface?

We need that for the Muslims.

Its for when Israel tells its pets in Congress to launch the attack on Iran

The F-35 Turkey...the lemons have taken flight

Buy them from me ill make them a better one
>most autistic jet wins

Existential threats still exist, and a civil war or the kind of hybrid/proxy shit like in Ukraine, usually means nukes are verboten. So huge advantages in traditional militaries do matter. If Syria had a military half as strong as ours, they wouldn't just not be in the shit they are now, they'd be dictating policy for the region.

Lose lips sink ships.

>F-35 has no useful range, remember it has to try to fly back home
F-35 has significant longer range than the F-16

>Why doesn't Germany just buy some F-15s and F-16s and call it a day?
>Proven airframes
Because they are from the 70's and to be competitive today you have to add avionics and expensive pods that screw up it's agility and range (the new batch for United Arab Emirates are called Fat Falcon for a reason). Modern F-16's have an acquisition cost approaching 80% of the acquisition cost of an F-35 (when you purely factor in acquisition cost, not the lifetime cost) while still lacking the stealth advantage.

Besides, these planes are 70's tech, Germany are you really turning kebab so fast you wish to be in a reverse Iraqi situation where a technological superior enemy establishes air supremacy?

t. paid lockheeb shill

F35 is largely British anyways

>facts and reasoning?
>on MY Sup Forums?!?
This though. Any potential or actual enemies have to face the reality that our gear is really the most advanced in history. It incorporates technology developed all over the world. (This does not of course excuse USMIL's egregious command and training deficiencies, such as the USN's operational incompetence in the Pacific, for instance.) Allies buying any US miltech that's right for them will help our combined forces continue deterrence of possible enemy action through common tech and management systems.

Nah I was rooting for the F-15 pilots actually.

Actually Iraq had the latest Mirage aircraft that were identical to ones in French service and a modern French made KARI IADS system, which is also how NATO infiltrated so easily since all air-defense systems were compromised and NATO was able to spoof Iraqi IFF signals

>we'll use this single unit to do everything

I'm played a lot of RTS games and this seems like a bad idea.

So is the tornado, its only called the euro fighter cause the krauts havent made a decent plane since the war and the Spanish and Italians wanted to pretend to be important

>implying the US Military's biggest mistake wasn't entering WWI

Finngolia gets the first one, LEGO™®©-user.

just make your own, kraut -- the burger bilge was knocked of years ago (*they had to re-write 6M+ lines of code after the chinks hacked Lockheeb-Mosche) and burgers themselves aren't much more "innovative" than the copycat, insectoid chinks

>F35
-pseudo stealth
-fuck-all payload to remain "stealthed"
-can't fly in storms
-no VTOL
-has variants, so none are omni-useful
-only "advantage" is that it's burger ware compatible (*must fight along side U.S.-Zionists Alliance (USZA) for it to have a purpose)
-the chinks' J-31 apparently outperforms it in simulations

>F-22
-burgers won't share tech (*literally told shit-posters that, verbatim)
-expensive as fuck
-limited edition
-latest russki sukois said to match or even outperform it
-very limited application, esp. given cost of production etc. (even if you assume they'd share it -- which they will not until it is superseded)

>kraut made
-pedigree
-workmanship
-literally innovated everything in the sky today -- from jets to rockets
-can be made to spec / req. application
-no reliance on cockamamie burger flatulence promises and defunct manufacturing base
-can ensure you're not flying something the chinks can already simply 'switch off'
-the economic benefits of developing an alternative to burger or chink shitwares

BUY THE FUCKING DIP!!

>shitpost
>check flag
nvm continue

The flying turkey - a joke in pilot circles. But its not like we can make a free decision. It will be other this fatty or some multinational shitproject with france.

The J-35 actually has twin engines instead of a single massive IR source engine like the F-35 and a faster top speed along with higher payload, its actually capable of being a better aircraft