Tales of Zestiria X

>first cour was subpar
>second cour in a week
>nobody gives a shit
Do you think Ufotable can find a way this cour?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZUPPJJAEAmk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what a qt

It's a fine adaptation.
Zestiria is just garbage to begin with.

I loved the first cour, and I look foward to the 2nd one
Can't blame Ufo when the source material was so bad the japanese fanbase sent terrorist and murder threats and it just blew up into a humongous shitstorm. Ufo're doing their best to improve a completely fucked up source

The result was mediocre at best. I highly doubt they tried too hard.

>Ufo're doing their best to improve a completely fucked up source
Yet it was still mediocre in some areas that even the game was better in comparison. I doubt they put their foot in it.

Mikleo is best girl

Can you stop pretending to be stupid?

No one cares about video game anime adaptions.

I give a shit. This is Ufotable's chance to fix their fuckup from last cour.

>implying they will
If they're not shilling Alisha, they'll be shilling Rose.

I only care for the cute and cool girls and because it might have extra Berseria content
And the first cour was pretty solid actually for a video game adaption.

SAVE EIZEN

Also does anyone have access to most of the extra BD box skits they had?
I downloaded the special disk from the bdmv torrent on nyaa but it only had 2 new skits on it.
It should've been more.

Hope they bother showing him getting slayed on screen.

>because it might have extra Berseria content
The episodes from first cour were literally meant for shilling the game. Besides vague references at the end, don't expect anything else.

>>first cour was subpar
Huh?

I thought it was enjoyable. Extremely generic, but very enjoyable. It's worth watching for the fights alone.

Episode 7 had Eizen flashbacks so who knows.
I'm hoping for them to touch upon Maotelus and Magilou and maybe Rokurou if they have the balls.

You've never played the game, have you?

You're saying that as if the game wasn't extremely generic as well.

No, I say that as in the anime only made those certainly generic moments from the game even worst.

I haven't. I was thinking about it though since it's on sale right now but everyone here said it was bad.

It's average at best, mediocre at worst. Pirate it if you can.

Literal suicide. They know they screwed up and they know what they have to do to fix it.

I'd be okay with more Rose if they handcuff her to Alisha for the season because that ship is cute too.
Ufo loves shilling them anyway.

>They know they screwed up
Depends on how much those expense BDs sold. If they flopped, then they have the incentive to change the second cour. However, they just came out and second cour should be half way, if not fully finished at this point.

Highly doubt they won't fuck shit up when even the premise of second cour is pointless now. Rose doesn't even have to exist and Alisha is still a squire = she'll be hogging up spotlight again.

Pretty much this. The anime does a much better job than the game.

Ageless moon fucking where?

That shit wasn't even in the game. There was so much stuff that wasn't in the game that the anime put it to actually make it acceptable. I was pretty disappointed playing the game after.

The anime was specifically made to redeem Zestiria to a certain audience, particularly Alishafags. That's probably why it shit the bed so hard towards the end.

Is the game worth it ? It is literally sitting on my cart right now.

Stop blaming everything on some Alishafag boogeymen.
The anime already had scenes that were delivered better than the entirety of the game's story which was stiff as fuck and shallow as a puddle even in its most "emotional" moments.
The ending of episode 00, the shepherd ritual, Edna and Zaveid and Eizen, the reunion in Marlind against the drake, Sorey purifying the graveyard and Alisha vs Rose in episode 10 and the latter half of episode 11 when shit went down were already more engaging than the snoozefest that was Zestiria the game.

The staff's OTP seems to be Sorey/Alisha though

Did you even look at ufo's twitter and all the bd bonuses?

>Stop blaming everything on some Alishafag boogeymen
I would if it were the core of where the errors of the anime began to pop up. I want to see you justify that shitfest of a finale.

As I said, Ufo did some basic tweaking that made moments marginally better than the game, but it also shit the bed just as hard with that same tweaking so I'm not going to give it love for being just incredibly average.

I'm not saying the finale wasn't shit. I'm just saying the anime is already better than the game on a net total despite the finale.

Fun adventure show
And I'm glad it was straight unlike the pictures in this thread

I don't get why people hate so much on the game; the main cast is likable, the equipment system is great, the combat is okay and the enemy variety is good.
The thing that annoyed me was how status effects scaled with the difficulty setting, because on insane practically every attack gives you some status effect.

Personally I didn't like the anime at all they removed many of the best parts like when Sorey shows Elysia to Alisha and practically everything when it comes to Sorey's and Mikleo's relationship.

That's purely subjective, but you're entitled to that. I personally think the manga is the best version of Zestiria.

I haven't read the manga yet. Apparently there's a german official release I can read but I'm waiting for the last volume to release before I buy them all.

What episode was this? I don't remember this fight.

>I don't get why people hate so much on the game
It's not horrible, but it's also not good. Not even by Tales standards, which is simply having a good cast with chemistry.

Let's say you don't care about Zestria's cast, since they're all one-notes who never develop over the course of the game, or how they interact with eachother.

That leaves you with it's dysfunctional gameplay, which includes the shitty camera, the 'Armatize or Die' strategy and it's shitty skill system.

That also leaves with it's generic plot of killing a evil furry. It's just an incredibly basic game unless you improvise or choose to love an aspect enough to compensate the flaws.

The cast had fun personalities on the surface but barely any party dynamic nor development and no motivation to be involved in the story. The leveldesign was bland and samey as fuck and might as well be the same dungeons every time.
The plot just imploded onto itself on the latter half where it was painfully clear they ran out of time to finish the game and just pumped it out and stopped caring about any holes they still had to fill.

Zestiria's only saving grace is the amazing soundtrack.

>Zestiria's only saving grace is the amazing soundtrack.
This. It also has great character designs, even if the characters themselves are nothing worth caring about.

Some but I watched the show and they erased some Sorey/Mikleo moments, Sorey lost his shit like never before because some bad guy dare to hurt Alisha and later he had pseudo wedding ceremony with Alisha at the last episode

>the combat is okay
>i have played zero tales games the post

>they erased some Sorey/Mikleo moments
They didn't just erase moments, they erased the only important scenes of their dynamic and characters. They didn't have to fight like they did in game, but they did need to bring up that mutual agreement that they share the same dream and that's why Mikleo bothered to tag along.

All the anime did was show half of their relationship through Mikleo, and gimped the Sorey half entirely for raging over muh Alisha.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZUPPJJAEAmk
Only Hearts and the Abyss.

I swear you shippers are insecure as fuck or something. They shovel you gay moments en masse throughout the season and keep making you new merchandise and all you know is to have a fit and immediately feel threatened because his relationship with his husbando isn't wholesome anymore or something and he had a cute moment with a girl that wasn't even all that romantic.

Go buy a Sorey and Mikleo bath towel or something.

>shippers
You don't have to be a shipper to be discontent with a writing choice. In the anime's case, they shafted Sorey/Mikleo's relationship in first cour. It's reality. Maybe they'll do better in second cour, maybe they won't.

Of course Ufo will still pander to the only demographic who will buy Zestiria shit, but they can do that while simultaneously fucking up the anime itself. Those are two different things, afterall.

Blow me, hetfag, them changing the events of the source material to push some straight romance bullshit is a goddamn travesty and blatant censorship. If they'd caved on a canon yuri relationship to push a hetero ending, you'd bitch about that shit in a heartbeat and be righteous in being pissed off. Same thing applies here, it's a slap in the fucking face and that you can't see it is all the double standard you fuckwits apply to everything.

>hetfag
Yeah you go and fight that strawman if it makes you feel better. I don't give a shit about if it's het, /y/ or /u/ or whateverthefuck. Militant shipperfags are obnoxious every time.
>accuses me of being a hetfag and then insinuating I'd be mad if yuri didn't happen
Now you're just being retarded, that doesn't make any sense.

Also
>censorship
>censoring a m/m
relationship
>in an anime
>of a Tales game where the fanbase is probably half filled with fujoshis anyway
I don't know the reason they changed it but that is the most far fetched one you could've found.

Shut up and post best girl

Ok

Bandai cares more about Berseria, fujoshits.

You're gonna get BTFO again.

>Bandai cares more about Berseria, fujoshits.
Source: my ass

This so much. The plot of Zestira is a whole lot of nothing with nothing interesting happening. Doesn't matter if the animation is great if the plot is boring.

>heteros don't get hard for /u/

Denial's a hell of a drug.

Because it's to the point where just having a "likable cast" isn't good enough. Yeah, I didn't find the cast to be aggravating and found a few of the interactions fun, but in a game that is 35+ hours long, you need to have more. Zestira didn't. Plus, "likable cast" should be the lowest criteria of having a good game. Outside of the "likable cast", you have a barebones nothing story that doesn't even try to do anything interesting, a bunch of confusing gameplay decisions (camera, armatization being necessary a lot of the time, poorly explained equipment system being annoying to deal with on higher difficulties, collectathon that is necessary to beat the game), and a barren world with nothing interesting to do in it, and you have a very disappointing Tales of game. First game I couldn't finish, and this is coming from someone who liked the Xillia games despite the community looking down on those games for being barren as fuck.

Zestiria has great music though, I'll give it that.

Berseria characters interacting with Zestiria characters spinoff OVA when?

is this yaoi?

Aren't most of them already dead?

Just make it some comedy time travel shenanigans or whatever. I just want to see them have fun with each other.

It was going to be, but based Ufotable pumped the brakes and inserted their own OTP.

If it was I might actually watch it.

The game is, who knows what the fuck Ufotable will do with the anime. Not like it matters when it's just your run of the mill adaptation.

Ignore the blatant shit posting about the decent first cour. Its just fujos getting their asses in a twist because they focused on the princess instead of their faggot ships

They had them staring at the same moon romance scene instead.

in episode 00 with the twister and people being completely wiped out and murdered left right and center, I was like "holy shit this world is really fucked". and then I start playing the game and I'm like "what?".

The game delivered so poorly on all its concepts. the only reason I might actually finish the game is because the anime made me like the characters and story.

>Its just fujos getting their asses in a twist because they focused on the princess
Dipshit girl was shit so I can see why they'd be mad

Alisha is the cutest. Her pure bliss when she was finally able to see Mikleo and the others was one of the nicest scenes of the last season. A cute I declare.

Kamui Rose got a card in Asteria a few days ago...

She's so idealistically naive it's sickening. Her entire character sends me to sleep. But I won't argue with you there, she's not even remotely worth talking about.

She looks nice in the outfit but the pale hair just doesn't suit her at all.

She definitely was until she became a badass.

Alisha with her hair down is a miracle.

I prefer Fire armatus Rose, but I wish she had gotten red hair with it.

Ponytail Alisha is just as good though.

I just hope they're long done with everything from this cour so they can rush Touken Ranbu and focus 100% on Heaven's Feel.

Anime Alisha has to be the spiritual successor to Saber from when Ufo did F/Z. Her despair faces elicit the same paradoxical desire to bully and protect that Saber did.

I wouldn't say it was subpar. It was simply completely uninteresting.

I've wanted to say this before but this was probably the most interesting scene composition wise in the whole first season and was incredibly well delivered with a well timed background track.
Episode 10 was also the episode when the show stopped being meh to me and became interesting. Here's hoping they can deliver again.