What happened...

What happened? Few years back it was considered the next big thing and now when we finally got new anime episodes people barely care anymore. There obviously were threads when the show was airing but now it seems forgotten.

>inb4 it was just a poor man's Baccano

I don't know. I went in expecting some kind of modern Baccano, but it just felt boring. I ended up only getting through two episodes before dropping it.

>Few years back it was considered the next big thing

For real?

Yeah it was really popular at the time

Mikado is shit.

I think you mean best boy.

It was mainly fujoshi who obsessed over Izaya and Shizuo

The stupid arcs focusing on he three annoying kids with the not!2chan thing. It was awful and all 3 of them were completely unlikeable.

It was okay at first but Japanese just can't do thugs.

In the end all you have a is just a tiny little chink pretending to be tough.

MIkado's development and conflict was great, stupid.

I liked it, however I didn't watch the end season. Like an user above said, the children were not very likable protagonists.

I wanted more Varona....

not on Sup Forums
never was

Varona x Shizuo best couple

If you really won't watch the second season Mikado goes full edge mode in the last season because Izaya and not izaya kept fucking with his head.

>No Shizuo and Celty just hanging out episodes

Underexplored friebdship desu

>bland guy turns into an edgelord

But why it happened was interesting.

I only really started watching it because I liked the character designer from the Devil Survivor games. I need to get around to watching x2 one of these days though.

Yeah I was watching up until the season end, then I just didn't start the new one. I think its due for a good watch soon. Its not like it was downright horrible or anything. If I remember right; Mikado did start getting pissed, ex gang leader kun finally got off his girlfriends lap, and boobsword is still monotone boring boobsword.

Honestly I wish they would of aimed this show towards the seinen demographic.

I think the biggest problem with season 2 was probably the gaps between cours. The cast exponentially grew from the first season and the breaks between cours made it harder to remember what was actually happening.

Time does that.
It was popular enough here to spawn its own little community, who made a replica of the dollars website.

It was really fun when the theme was just introducing individuals who had a story in the big city. The actual character interactions were lackluster after that, but the first season was really well done

It just kind of fell off and I lost interest in it. By time it ended, I just didn't care anymore. Mikado, who I guess is sort of the main character was unlikable from beginning to end.

The only part I actually remember is Isaac and Miria's cameo. Baccano was much better and it's a shame it never got a second season.

If Baccano was inspired by Tarantino and Ritchie, what inspired Durarara?

Too many characters, factions and plot points to remember. By the time X2 airs, most people already forgot what happened during season 1. The gaps between cours during X2 isn't helping either.

>it was just a poor man's Baccano
DRRR: poor man's Baccano
Mekaku City Actors: poor man's DRRR

yeah

Damn

The last two cours were fucking awful and boring.