Random Manga Thread

Gonna post a randomly chosen collection of oneshots or individual chapters in a longer series that can still be understood. If you don't feel like waiting, take a look at some of the oneshots I posted 2 days ago: Feel free to talk about or recommend any recent oneshots.

First one is an Asano Inio oneshot from Before Dawn and the End of the World.

Next up are the first two chapters of Karasaw Naoki's comedy, "Super Cruel and Terrible Tales of Mangaka," a parody of the "Cruel and Terrible Tales of Mangaka."

Next up is Desert Witch, by Matsumoto Jiro and included in his 1-volume collection, A Revolutionist in the Afternoon.

Good stuff. Thanks Hox.

Next one is Nihei Tsutomu's Numa no Kami (God of the Marsh). I miss Nihei's old art style...

ded thread

Next one is an adaptation of Ray Bradbury's short story, "The Lake," by Haigo Moto in the collection, "R is for Rocket."

It's just a manga dump thread. I'm not expecting much discussion to begin with.

The lines are taken directly from Bradbury's prose, in case anyone's wondering.

Sup Forums seems allergic to manga threads. It's a shame that you need a pass to feasibly dump manga nowadays, and you still can't bump your own thread without juggling IPs. At least they finally reduced the cooldown timer for Sup Forums Gold Accountâ„¢ Users, so it doesn't take 5 hours to dump a single volume.

Huh. I was working on a collections chart for the fuck of it last week (never got around to finishing that, now that I think of it), and you hit three of the entries already. I approve of this thread.

>you still can't bump your own thread without juggling IPs
You can, just not in the first 10/15/whatever-it-is minutes.

I remember the good old days when could just auto-dump manga in a reasonable time frame while doing something else.

I only bother to dump manga now when I've got a lot of free time and a second monitor to read books on.

Irregular general manga threads just died off during last year or so. Not to mention that they had low survival rate to begin with.
>just not in the first 10/15/whatever-it-is minutes
So that's how this shit actually works these days? The rules behind it were puzzling me for a long time.

Do you guys think we're at the point where having a separate manga board would be better or no? I've been against it for the longest time but I feel like the board's changed so much in regards to manga-content that it might be the only solution.

Thanks for this, man.

I'm against board splintering, but Sup Forums - Anime & Manga is just Anime with related Manga nowadays anyway.

It would probably be just as dead, only threads would stay up longer. For comparison, I looked at Reddit's manga board just now, and despite the supposedly high number of subscribers it has, they also have threads dying off at 5 posts.

Yeah, that's been one of my objections for a manga board too. I can imagine a lot of generals for the 10 or so really popular manga, and then everything else would barely hit 30 or 40 posts before they die.

I'm against it, frankly. I don't really feel that making a manga board would increase quality of discussion that much, because it can't create a userbase that isn't there. The popular series that already get discussion here would get generals (and I happen to think most of those series, and more importantly their fanbases, are pretty cancerous), the things with recent anime adaptations would also get generals and/or dominant threads, and the few people wanting to discuss more niche stuff would still be a minority with short dead threads for the vast numbers of non-popular manga. And personally, while I'm primarily a mangafag, I watch plenty of anime and would much prefer the two to stay conjoined if there's no major advantage to splitting them.

People just don't like discussing manga. Oh well.

The system in place that hinders manga dumps doesn't help, either.

I love how this story ends.

And now a chapter on how to draw Shonen manga from the comedy, "Even a Monkey Can Draw Manga."

Oh, I should've mentioned that this should be read left-to-right.

Bump

There will always be powerlevel shit.

Next one is a oneshot from Kitou Motohiro, included in the collection, Hallucination from the Womb.