Is Inuyasha worth watching in 2017 or is it too dated/cliche nowadays?

Is Inuyasha worth watching in 2017 or is it too dated/cliche nowadays?
I never watched it when it was airing on TV and wonder if I should or just find something else...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jKXYcxM4I2U
youtube.com/watch?v=EhseYGLVDFw
youtube.com/watch?v=jcfL89VFbYA
youtube.com/watch?v=XnCOlLvHxuM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Um... if you can find a guide as to which episodes involve shit ACTUALLY HAPPENING it'd be worth a look, but this series was the fucking guru of filler.

It was entretaining, but it was filler and re ap galore

Inuyasha was bad then and it is still bad now.

The intro and credit songs were top tier.

Shit shit by shit author who should have just stopped after Lum.

This

Just save yourself the time and put all of the OPs and EDs on a playlist

IRON

My nigga

>Is Inuyasha worth watching in 2017
Fuck, it's 2017

>but this series was the fucking guru of filler

Not as bad as the shoujo categorized manga.

Read the manga.

Anime is bad compared to it

This, the OP's and ED's to Inuyasha were amazing. Visually and musically.

The OST was pretty good too

Band of Seven best arc

Too bad several of them were killed off right after they appeared.

youtube.com/watch?v=jKXYcxM4I2U

That arc was so rage inducing for me

It looked like endgame and then they decide to fuck it up with yet another plot reset

Watch:
1-64
66-67
69-71
73-74
(75-77 weren't too bad IMO)
79-82
83-86
102-126
131-132
(137-140 weren't bad either)
141-146
(147-148 are an hour special pre dating the show, not bad and has the best ending theme sequence in the anime)
149-160
164-167
Lastly the Final Act 1-26

In total it gets cut from 193 episodes to ~160. Not a bad anime but it is drawn out at times. It's no worse than Sailor Moon and I'm chewing through that right now.

The show is honestly historical for almost all the wrong reasons with a few of them being right (SANGO). If you've been watching a lot of anime but never caught it on Toonami/never grabbed a torrent, watch it to have some frame of reference for what sets people off - mainly obtuse amounts of filler, shitty plot resets, and nerfing powers for the sake of dragging shit out.

There are 4 movies that have (I think?) zero relevance to the plot, too.

Movie 3 best movie

I watched this show when I was 12 so I really got into it and the characters but it was objectively terrible. Sup Forums used to skewer people for liking it and it was entirely justified.

The EDs are still legendary though:

youtube.com/watch?v=EhseYGLVDFw

youtube.com/watch?v=jcfL89VFbYA

>youtube.com/watch?v=jcfL89VFbYA

Really is a perfect song for a cold winter midnight watching Inuyasha on the old CRT; makes me nostalgic.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

>Not watching every episode even though it sucks

It's one of those series I'd definitely stick to the manga, especially if you hate filler

>when the bionix thing telling you Gundam Seed was next and fucked up the ED every fucking week
>then that one week where it let the ED play uninterrupted
fuck

>...
>Um...
This is Sup Forums in 2017.

oh man there is no comparison between 2017 Sup Forums and 2011 Sup Forums and i thought it hit rock bottom in 2011
>inb4 go back to Sup Forums

What else are you going to do with your time? Watch it all.

Still worth it IMO, it motivated me enough to go through 5000 pieces of fanart in pixiv to make my own Kikyo collection. Which reminds me, where should I find the art? I need more.

Loved the first parts and Sango.

>yameroo!
>mamoritai
>korosuteiru!
>2000

Is this the forefather to all these cancer protagonists we got today?

Yes but only until 2nd season since that's the last season that has kyoAni's touch on it.

>Sango
You have good taste in waifu's.

it's a weird anime where the main story is filler and the filler stories are the fun parts.

Also the side characters romance (miroku x sango) is way better than the main one.

>Sango
God-tier taste, anons

InuYasha: TFA was just beautiful. No filler, just straight up plot with a resounding conclusion that was better than the manga. If they ended the anime at its apex, it would have been regarded as one of the best anime ever made. However, as all popular things go, it was dragged into the ground.

Rumiko Takahashi has some of my favourite monster designs in manga next to Go Nagai.

Stick to the manga as said. I read it right now, very fun even with all the fillers.
Seven band arc was amazing but too bad she didn't finished the series there, could have been an amazing end.

Other than that, there are few annoying bad stuff, but if you like the characters it's fun as hell.

grip is still one of my favourite ops of all time it's so fucking catchy

>admitted crossboardfag
>using inb4 as if it's useful here
back to Sup Forums you go user

Kagome was too annoying.
Sango was a girl that not only loves the ones around her, she's tolerant and can take car of herself and when someone offers her help she still tries even though her shyness is showing.

It's been a while since I dropped it, but even the manga isn't free of filler as I recall.

You might even consider jumping through some episode recaps. There are times when half of the episode is just recap without new stuff.

This.

>1-64

I find it hard to believe all these episodes are needed for the plot

ayyy I was just listening the one of the eds last week in the shower

>The intro and credit songs were top tier.

Holy shit were they ever.

Early episodes are actually good. Show went to shit once Sango appeared unfortunately.

>Is Inuyasha worth watching in 2017
It wasn't even worth watching in the year it aired.

>villain of the week episodes

You can only have so much of that. It needs a plot to be entertaining

>skipping Shippo episodes

There might be episodes that aren't essentials, but still better than the rest. In general for long running series - to my experience - the first 50-60 episodes are a must if you want to know what the hell is going on.

>but still better than the rest

Glad I stopped watching at about 60. Even as a clueless tweenager I realized it wasn't ever going to go anywhere.

I have a fond memory of episode 3 for some reason; I think younger me popped a boner to Yura.

the whole series was cliche shit, cliche born from cliche

To be fair, it's a Inuyasha thread.

There's filler in the manga, but it's like 15% of it. The anime became filler central once the manga got overtaken.

Alot of fags acknowledge that Inuyasha was pretty bad looking back, but its hard to really hate because for a lot of people in the 18-24 range it was their first anime that wasn't Pokemon or Hamtaro so they have fond memories of it. In the end though, it's essentially a poor man's Escaflowne but instead of mechs you have demons

Best OP
youtube.com/watch?v=XnCOlLvHxuM

When you realize Inuyasha's necklace mechanism/"SIT BOY" is basically the same thing as Sun Wukong's headband.

>all that butthurt he caused with his Evangelion and Akira reviews

That's every rumiko work ever. there is zero character development for anyone. I like all the anime she's had adapted but it can be tiring to marathon it. It's best when you watch an episode every day or two inbetween watching other stuff I find. Also usually her original mangas are much shorter so they aren't too bad to burn through fast.

Hey look, an useful post! Oh wait...

Will Takahashi write anything decent again? Last I checked her latest manga was tanking.

I mean Inuyasha isn't nearly as bad as it's reputation it garnered due to the fans.

I know her art is sameface-y, but I don't mind seeing it every now and then.

Yes this. They still hold up too.

>Inuyasha thread.
Yes despite the filler the series is worth watching. The characters are great and villains are rich. The entire series is bathed in Japanese folklore.

If you have a short attention span you might just want to skip the entire thing except for Band of seven and the Inuyasha vs Sessh fights.

Dude Rinne is getting season 3 this year and maybe season 4 and it is pretty good

Still looks good tho

It's the eyeshadow.

Inuyasha vs Blue Seed, which is better.

>Last I checked her latest manga was tanking
Rinne is great and already got 50 episodes with 25 more next Spring/Summer. Possibly more since it gets around 3.0 ratings which is a lot.

I didn't care for it, I recommend to read Sengoku Youko instead.

Also, read Ranma 1/2 if you haven't. In my opinion that's her strongest work, while Inuyasha is the weakest.

>rec thread
>for a toonami show
>ellipses
lurk for 2 years before posting

oh and Rinne is pretty decent, can only speak for the anime though.

It is kinda strange, because it feels so oldschool. It feels like you're watching a 90s anime.
And it helps that the main chick isn't a copy of Akane or Kagome (i.e. bitchy tsundere, hammer over the head for looking at my boobs type) but is rather subdued and down to earth.
And the character trait of a constantly broke Shinigami that has to beg for money for his special mega shonen attacks is pretty funny.

Watched it for Sango and her romance. Forgot the rest.

>Is Inuyasha worth watching
no

>its hard to really hate
Because it's so fucking bland and forgettable
Sesshomaru was the only good thing in it

I don't know what it is, but it's all the characters, not just Aborang. The color palette and design just looks very crisp and clean. Even before they got the budget upgrades mid season

if you like naked 14 year olds

>those shopped tawawas

REAVER

Inuyasha vs Sesshomaru fights got me hype as fuck every time.
Actually Sesshomaru in general is just hype as fuck.

THE HOLOCAUST DIDN'T HAPPEN

STEALER ?

If you arent a huge queer or a chick you wont derive any entertainment from it

I used to tape episodes to watch when I came home from school. I think I spent more time listening to the intro and credit songs than I did the actual episodes.

I religiously watched this as a kid.
Now, I just want to watch it again. Cite each Kikyo episode and make a playlist.
Yes, I was happy everytime it was a Kikyo episode and Kagome getting ass blasted while Inuyasha and Kikyo is in a distance.
I like melodrama. I'm so sorry.

Sesshomaru's fur blowing in the wind is still a nice sight with the music in the back.

The only good thing in the series
And he was basically a Sephiroth ripoff

>Hamtaro
Damn that is nostalgic. I'm unashamed to say that was my shit and I'm still trying to collect all the old games and the whole undubbed series for old time's sake.

Best moment in the entire series is when Sesshomaru takes out the bakusaiga and casually demolishes that one guy.

I watched it in German in university to learn the language because I watched it as a kid on rtl2. German VA were damn amazing back in the days.

Maison Ikkoku was her best work.

No for the most part they are all canon. First three seasons cover volumes 1-23 of the manga. Season 4 is the shitshow of filler, with some of 5 and most of 6.

Personally I enjoyed the filler episodes the most.
As in I can remember them, and enjoyed them.

>German VA were damn amazing back in the days.
They still are...it's just anime is dead there
The good ones only work on live action dubs and maybe the occasional western cartoon

One of my favorite episodes for this was when they all met up at the nightmare trees. Kagome got btfo in the best of ways.

I used to have Ranma, Pokemon, Digimon and Inuyasha in German on my computer. I even bought the limited edition box of Cowboy Bebop in German. It's glorious.

It's too bad you say that anime isn't popular anymore. The german Opening and ending themesongs were damn amazing. I had them on my mp3 player when I was in HS

>Ctrl-F Bees
>0 results
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Openings and endings were the only good things about the show

Will you bear my child, user?