How on gods green earth does spin work from Jojo?

How on gods green earth does spin work from Jojo?

something about the magnus effect and the golden rectangle, honestly i dont care cuz it looks cool as hell

It's basically an artsy hamon. So instead of waves of energy it's rotation of energy along the golden ratio into a projectile.

Sauce - my ass.

It's Spin I ain't gotta explain shit

Spin users have rotational energy emanating from their bodies somehow, and they can transfer that rotational energy into objects that conduct it, and throw them and pass on the rotation to other objects to manipulate their physical properties.

People shit on the ripple but praise the spin despite it being far worse. I hope the normalfags love Steel Ball Run and ruin it for the rest of you pretentious, elitist hipsters.

>far worse
Explain please.
I like Hamon, Stands and Spin all equally.

>meme abilities in memeshit show
just read and forget. jojo is not worth more than that

it just works

spinning is a good trick

Like a rasengan

But Spin and Ripple are basically the same fucking thing.
A magic energy created in your body that you can pass on to other objects, giving them magic properties of said magic energy.

bad bait

Hamon and part 3 stands used to be "do everything" buttons. The spin and later stands get powers that are more indirect and focused because it was more interesting mechanically.

This is the best explanation

Spiral power

the power of spinning things really fast

IT

JUST

ALRIGHT YOU WANNA KNOW FINE I ADMIT
I DONT KNOW HOW KING CRIMSON WORKS

WORKS

DUDE RECTANGLES LMAO

>I hope the normalfags love Steel Ball Run and ruin it for the rest of you pretentious, elitist hipsters.

I want all anime fans to die because none of you are mature enough to respect the media as an entity separate of its audience. You are all bad people and should think about yourselves

Spin and Ripple are basically the exact same thing. Stands are far better than both, I think there's a reason Araki decided to bring Stands back into SBR after only 6 chapters. SBRfags are retarded regardless, it's a good manga but they really oversell it to people to the point it becomes disappointing because it's not the perfect work of fiction they make it out to be.

It's intended to be Ripple but done right, but then he reintroduced Stands anyway because Spin was already derivative of both Stands and Ripple anyway. Basically all matter has a kind of rotational energy to it that rotates in the order of the golden ratio, ie Fibonacci's sequence. When you apply the sequence to a rectangle with a width to length ratio of 16:9 to divide it into squares, you get pic related. When you make a square out of it the remaining rectangle is the same 16:9 ratio as the original rectangle. This means you can keep on dividing down infinitely and always get a rectangle of the same ratio, though it's dimensions get smaller and smaller. So the basic idea is that you tap into this rotational energy by generating your own rotational energy and using it to speed up that of another object, which is how Gyro makes the steel balls do crazy shit like phase through matter or contort people's bodies into impossible positions without hurting killing them. Later on it ends up being tied into the fundamental forces of the universe itself like gravity and since Love Train uses gravity to redirect misfortune, they're only able to pierce it and stop Valentine by generating a mathematically perfect Spin which is achieved on horseback. The golden ratio actually appears in lots of things in nature, and is often cited as proof of intelligent design because of how often it appears in nature both physically and conceptually, from trees to the amount of bees born each generation of a hive. Araki was going for a deeply spiritual power linked to the basic functions of the universe itself all the way up to complex life with Spin as opposed to the biological powers of Ripple, but he didn't really elaborate on it very much.

fuck I'm an idiot

I mean, don't they direct quote some medieval piece on natural philosophy? We now know that's not how reality works, but I feel like going "what if this theory was true" is a pretty small conceit for a series. Kinda like any series with aliens or a hollow earth.

>user being a good guy and ACTUALLY explains the spin to a bunch of ungrateful pricks

thanks, but get out

It just works.

What should he watch then, moeshit? memevangelion?

very carefully