Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EP69zYnelKs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>longs for affection and love from Shinji
ftfy

Wait, I thought she hated Shinji?

This guy

?

Do you also think that Araragi "walked crab home" gently?

Sorry, I don't get the analogy.

Must be new here.

Lurk more.

She's antisocial and longs for it from certain people. Kaji and Shinji are those people and neither give her what she craves. Basically she wants what she can't have.

Or maybe I didn't bother to watch that anime, perhaps? wew lad

You haven't watched Monogatari?

>wew lad
gb2 where you came from.

She wants to be validated. The boys at school neither have status nor age, so they can't validate her.
Kaji is the ultimate player and Asuka knew him for quite some time before NGE.
He is an adult and a womanizer, therefore her number one target for validation as an adult.
Shinji is the substitution if Kaji isn't around.
Shinji doesn't have age, but as pilot, he has status. He got relevant to her "interest" as soon as Misato established him as equal to her by letting both live with her.

Pretty on point desu
Maybe you should. At least first season is interesting enough to not drop it.
youtube.com/watch?v=EP69zYnelKs

I'm very picky

>gb2 where you came from.

Sup Forums and Sup Forums actually

>Sup Forums and Sup Forums actually
You need to go back, right now.

She wanted the dick, but Shinji got no time for sluts, so she mad.

This is some quality bait.

>redditor

maybe its you that has to go back

To add onto this, she gets a huge complex when Shinji denies her later on because she feels as if she's not good enough for Shinji, despite not having a very high opinion of him herself.

She just wanted to be held during their kiss.

Who're you even quoting, my dude?

>she feels as if she's not good enough for Shinji
she's right too

the only ones that get triggered by Sup Forumsacks are normalfags, you have to go back

Sup Forumsfags are the most annoying shitposters around
>>>/containment/

Is this why she has a huge attitude problem the following episodes after the failed kiss? She even gives the silent treatment when she realizes she's talking to him.

I don't get it too, she's acting like an angry ex girlfriend, when they never really dated. It was just a crush.

How's the weather in Tel Aviv, rabbi?

Asuka has all sorts of emotional issues, to the point of borderline mental illness.

Pretty much. But from Asukas perspective she gave Shinji her first kiss, it was a big deal for her despite how she did it all casually. But he didn't even hold her, or show any sign of affection whatsoever.

hush goyim

And all of this was just to make herself feel good because Misato was spending the night with "her Kaji-san"

i guess she got what she deserved for emotionally manipulating people.

>Sup Forums and Sup Forums
Jesus fucking christ get out. someone get a flame thrower on this parasite before it spreads.

Well that's a really simplistic way to look at it, though it's not surprising that this is the conclusion you've come to considering the boards you browse.

Asukas childhood was nothing short of traumatic, and as such she has a whole lot self esteem issues that most people would need serious therapy to heal from. She is not being a jealous brat who's mad that someone stole her crush of the week away, Kaiji denying her over and over again was like being stabbed in the gut, and Misato "winning" Kaiji over only twisted the knife.

Her kiss with Shinji wasn't done out of emotional manipulation, but rather desperation. She hasn't felt like she was loved in the longest time, and yet Shinj acted pretty distant from her.

You're probably thinking "But how can she not feel loved if all those guys confessed to her?". That's because Asuka knows they only like her for surface level reasons such as her looks. Kaiji and Shinji actually know her as a person.

But in the end both Kaiji and Shinji distanced themselves from her, which was a a devastating blow to Asuka. It's not something to be applauded, it's tragic.

>Well that's a really simplistic way to look at it, though it's not surprising that this is the conclusion you've come to considering the boards you browse.

Other than the fact that Sup Forums and Sup Forums has a lust for shitposting and is quite cynical (with Sup Forums believing all vidya is shit for example). Not sure what that has to do with the post.

>Asukas childhood was nothing short of traumatic, and as such she has a whole lot self esteem issues that most people would need serious therapy to heal from. She is not being a jealous brat who's mad that someone stole her crush of the week away, Kaiji denying her over and over again was like being stabbed in the gut, and Misato "winning" Kaiji over only twisted the knife.

Well Asuka still treated Kaji the same way, despite him constantly friend-zoning her.

>Her kiss with Shinji wasn't done out of emotional manipulation, but rather desperation. She hasn't felt like she was loved in the longest time, and yet Shinj acted pretty distant from her.

Well she did mock him about the anniversary of the death of his mother, she forced him into doing it.

In any event, she's a very complex character.

well said user. This is why I just want to hold her and tell hey everything is going to be ok...

here, is not me.
the first part is correct, the second part not really.
She does the kiss because it's what adults do, and what she thinks Misato and Kaji are doing right now.
The kiss, again, is about being validated as an adult. She does not seek true affection from Shinji, at least not in this scene.

Well based on what Asuka herself stated during her mind rape, she was looking for something with Shinji.

she has histrionic personality disorder
It wasn't and she doesn't care for his affection.
I'm referring you to this
Shinji barely appears in the mindrape scene, only once in relation to Kaji, what are you talking about specifically?

She was definitely looking for affection, but not in the romantic sense. I don't think that meant it that way.

So Asuka wasn't in love with Shinji? Alright that makes sense now.

Pretty wrong overall. Shinji might know her as a person, but he is only sexually interested in her.
She turned all those guys down because they can not validate her as an adult.
She probably has a genuine teenage schoolgirl crush on Kaji but that's about it.

Watch the kiss scene again. She doesn't even look like she's mentally there when she asks Shinji if he wants to kiss. She doesn't seek his affection.
She only thinks about what Misato and Kaji are doing in that moment and how she can't have it.
Shinji is just there and can serve as substitute, and fails miserably.

Of course not. What are you,stupid?

Well Asuka does get jealous of Shinji's closeness with Rei.

That's because it's the closeness she yearns to have with Kaji. She wants to be loved.

Not really. If you're referring to the scene at the train station, that's just another instance where she thinks she has lost since Shinji prefers to talk to the first child instead to her.

She doesn't really give a shit at this point anyway because she's basically already broken.

She wants to be validated, not to be loved.
The affection she seeks is a one way street, she hates other human beings.

It's really hard to understand, you can just say that she was attracted to Shinji for some strange reason and seeking connection through the kiss or you could say that she's a complete slut like Misato and wanted to feel needed through sex (kiss being a socially acceptable form of sex). Considering Shinji's presence in her mind rape sequence, I'd say that she wanted true affection from him, not the surface validation. She wants Shinji to act like a man, like Kaji, but he always miserably fails at this since he's a terrible human being (as everyone else is). Notice how warmly she reacts to Shinji being a true knight when he saves her from volcano, how she encourages him to act manly against Misato and all. This is so complex it can be answered only by person's perception. Personally the feel of them being that freaky couple haven't left me since the moment Asuka was introduced, but whatever. They can be very good if they manage to connect, however, remember episode 9.

No, the point of that scene is a completely different one.
You're referring to Shinjis hell train scene during the beginning of instrumentality.
Watch it again, what she wanted to get across is that Shinji doesn't want the whole package because he can't handle her. He only wants her body. She doesn't want to be validated as a body, she wants to be validated as an individual.
That's also why your shot in question cuts off her head.

Well she does state during pre-Instrumentality

"I know all about your little jerk-off fantasies about me. Go ahead, and do it like you always do... I'll even stand here and watch you. But... if I can't have you all to myself, then I don't want ANYTHING from you."

Well, she wants him to love all over her, not just sexual thoughts.

read
Watch the whole scene again.
She doesn't even give a shit about Shinji as validation tool at this point any more since she found her inner light and AT field at this point.

No, she doesn't want him at all. She never did. She wants his respect though, and maybe his friendship after instrumentality since they finally understand each other.

Then why did she say that his rejection of her was hurt her?

"All you ever ever do is hurt me"

Worst thread on Sup Forums all year.

You didn't understand the characters.
Misato and Asuka are polar opposites.
Misato wants a two way street regarding affection and represents human unity.
Asuka only wants a one way street and represents the ultimate desire for isolation.
She doesn't react warmly to Shinji saving her either, it in fact bothers her so much that she has to get even with him no matter what later because she doesn't want to be number two.
She encourages Shinji to speak up because she hates his faggoty passive attitude.

because

Everybody's so wrong ITT it's painful
this

Reminder that this happened

Both men she gave a fuck about laying in front of her.
She doesn't need them any more.

>the ultimate desire for isolation
>"I don't wanna be alone!"
>"This isn't real me!"
Haven's seen anyone who misunderstood the character this much in years

Her mother left her alone. Her father left her alone. Her stepmother left her alone.
She literally says she wants to grow up fast so she doesn't need anyone. She complains multiple times how she has no privacy. She hates living with Misato and Shinji in that tiny flat.
What you mean is her inner desire that she hates, but not how she behaves. Watch the mindrape scene again, it's explained there.

That's her inner struggle. She doesn't want to need anyone but in truth she does.
That's also why the scene in EoE is the ultimate revelation to her. With the AT field, she can shut everyone out when she needs to, but with her mother as her guiding light, she doesn't need to ever be alone.

>What you mean is her inner desire that she hates, but not how she behaves
Main struggle of Eva characters is that they subconsciously want to feel connected to others but are afraid of rejection and abandonment, as they were rejected and abandoned previously by the most important people in their lives and know what kind of pain it is. The ability to accept this pain and start to form connections/open up to people is the ultimate goal of Eva's hedgehogs
Asuka's struggle was to accept her inner self, not her surface that she built to push people away. Watch the mind rape sequence again, the doll tells her that she's lying, and she still isn't ready to accept it.
>with her mother as her guiding light
Literally what
>That's also why the scene in EoE is the ultimate revelation to her. With the AT field, she can shut everyone out when she needs to
She was able to do it before and literally did only this. Her "ultimate revelation" is her ability to "lower" her AT field and accept others when she needs to, like normal human being, who accepts the pain of close relationship

lmao i thought it was bait but was right about you

Pretty good thread, wasn't expecting quality posting from the OP.

I fully agree with the first part, I didn't mean it any other way. Maybe I'm just terrible at writing, English isn't my native language.
>Literally what
to quote from that scene:
"Mama, I understand what the AT field is! You're protecting me!"

Here, she discovers two things: first, that her mother is always watching over her and protecting her and consequently will act as a constant “source of light” for the attention that she requires so desperately, and second, that the A.T. Field is in fact what separates the walls of human hearts. But instead of replying in a negative manner in the way that Kaworu did in episode twenty-four or in the way that Shinji did at first, Asuka is overjoyed at the news.
She has her A.T. Field. She has no need of anyone else, because she, her inner self, will always be protected by an impenetrable barrier. To Asuka, who represents the true extreme of human isolation, the A.T. Field is more than a blessing. Instrumentality, by contrast, would be the greatest curse that Asuka could experience.

Are you saying what I suspect you're saying? That she was the only person who saw potential in him and wanted his to grow as a human being?

well that would be a super stupid thing to say

In a way, it's normal for women to get bothered by men having insecure and emasculated behavior, I can't blame Asuka for this.

She is literally just pissed at him because he behaves like a beta bitch.
That's literally it.

Agreed. Nobody has even mentioned the facts that he is the closest thing to her equal, performed a near-suicidal act to save her life in the volcano, has always been there, if distantly, for her, and at times has given the impression that he really does care for her deeply.

Each of them is really the only one, aside from their mothers, who could heal the other. Their failure to understand each other, or to find the courage to tell each other how they feel, is part of the tragedy that is Eva.

That's literally what I said though

And I literally agree with you user :3

You didn't get the point of NGE at all.
They can't heal each other, they can only heal themselves.
“How can you love others if you never even learned to love yourself?”

And once they managed to do that they can start maaaybeeee loving each other.
Which is why EoE is such a happy ending. Shinji and Asuka could finally get along.

Now that makes a bit more sense, but what you're saying is that Asuka now decides to be alone forever? Her mother guiding her and watching over her is some magic fairy tale, the metaphor of Evangelions is that their abandonment by children means rejection of the "return to the womb" and acceptance of the real life, being independent from their mothers and ready to accept the "significant other" to their heart. She always rejected others because she was afraid, a child who wanted to be loved, but was scared of love. Her further following of isolation completely opposes Eva's message. But I guess everyone finds something for themselves in Eva, it's not a bad theory, despite the fact that it also opposes Asuka's analysis in mind rape and episode 25

>Each of them is really the only one, aside from their mothers, who could heal the other.
hhhhot

>Their failure to understand each other, or to find the courage to tell each other how they feel, is part of the tragedy that is Eva
this, but not everything previous, we're demonstrated through them the tragedy of hedgehogs
>They can't heal each other, they can only heal themselves. And once they managed to do that they can start maaaybeeee loving each other. Which is why EoE is such a happy ending. Shinji and Asuka could finally get along.
this

>Now that makes a bit more sense, but what you're saying is that Asuka now decides to be alone forever?
Noooooooo
I must be terrible at expressing myself.
> the metaphor of Evangelions is that their abandonment by children means rejection of the "return to the womb" and acceptance of the real life
Yes this is also right, which is why she promptly got punished for having her revelation in her EVA, i.e. getting killed right after.

Where I want to go with my theory is that she indeed is now able to accept other human beings.
At the end of EoE she even understands Shinji and they might be finally able to get along.

What her inner AT field means imo is that she doesn't need to "act" any more. She doesn't need to literally isolate herself like she did during the entirety of NGE. She can now open up to others because her most private feelings are protected anyway.

TL;DR: She doesn't need to isolate herself any more because her most private things are protected by her AT field.

user I think we arrive at the same conclusion with entirely different explanations.

Yes, now I understand you, you needed to get straight to the point, good job

We did it!
おめでとう!

>Mama, I understand what the AT field is! You're protecting me!
in addition to completely misunderstanding asuka's character, you've completely misunderstood what she meant in this scene as well
she's literally talking about how her mother's soul is powering the eva

Nope, you're just wrong on that one. She also realised this yes, but that's completely besides the point in that scene and is confirmed by all instrumentality scenes involving her after.

no you're definitely wrong with your whole theory. and i'm pretty sure nobody realizes what the AT fields actually are until instrumentality. shinji was the only person who heard kaworu and he didn't even understand at the time
>confirmed by all instrumentality scenes involving her after
not even close

I'm not saying that Eva fans are like the characters, but fuck me Eva fans are like the characters.

If you would be right, she would have another mental breakdown because her mother just fucking died, but she was determined and confident throughout all the scenes during instrumentality.
>i'm pretty sure
You're wrong m8.
She directly states that she understands what her AT field is before the fight, what are you even on about? It isn't even revisited during instrumentality because SHE FUCKING KNOWS now.

not the love she wanted

Yeah no shit, you can't really enjoy NGE if you can't relate to the characters on some level.
The anime is made for those people after all, they are the target audience.

>You're wrong m8
>She directly states that she understands what her AT field is before the fight
like i've already said, she's literally talking about how her mother's soul is powering the EVA unit. in this context, she means the AT field her EVA produces for combat

Explain to me why it's never mentioned again after that then.
Let's humour your version for a moment. She perceives this moment to be her revelation, her salvation. Her EVA is destroyed 10 minutes after or something, now she lost this moment and all her hope.
Why doesn't she give a fuck about that in instrumentality?

You can't explain this because you're wrong, but please try anyway.

Nothing wrong, never meant to imply it was.

>Sup Forums and Sup Forums

Why didn't he bang Asuka instead?

She wouldn't let him and he's a beta anyway.

Watched one episode and didn't have any interest in seeing anymore. Seemed weird and like it wouldn't have widespread appeal, but fans of the show on Sup Forums act like its Dragon Ball or Fate. One user on here said its more popular than Fate; not even in 2006.

Well it is like DB and Fate in the sense that it's overrated shit.

Ye, Shikinami definitely belongs there.

I'm going to marry Asuka Langley Soryu though!

And we were having such a good thread, until this faggot showed up.
I just found that show uncanny after 2 episodes, can't exactly point out why, might be something on a subconscious level.

>Explain to me why it's never mentioned again after that then
what the hell are you even talking about?
>Let's humour your version for a moment. She perceives this moment to be her revelation, her salvation
that's not my delusional version, that's yours?
>Why doesn't she give a fuck about that in instrumentality?
again what are you even talking about? you realize we see instrumentality from mainly shinji's perspective right? the bits we do see that may actually involve asuka are where she's telling shinji off (ironically, where she's projecting and possibly the foundation of any instrumentality epiphanies she may have)

your theory that she figures overcomes all her personal issues and somehow figures out the truth behind AT fields BEFORE instrumentality is ridiculous

>your theory that she figures overcomes all her personal issues and somehow figures out the truth behind AT fields BEFORE instrumentality is ridiculous
No it isn't, it's exactly what's shown and told on screen and how it is perceived during instrumentality.
Get your denial out of here or make an effort to prove otherwise.
But you can't anyway so telling you to do so is entirely redundant.

>No it isn't, it's exactly what's shown
i've already explained why you're wrong
>get your denial out of here
>but you can't anyway
embarrassing post

No you haven't, you're just throwing a tantrum saying waa waa no way waa waa.

This is even worse than fanwank, instead of just extending stuff that happened on screen, you're downright denying it.

>a good thread
>this thread

>no red vs blue war
>no rebuild shitposting
>people actually discussing the character outside of how they want to fuck her
For an NGE thread, it's pretty amazing actually.

>ignoring everything i say in favor of your delusion
unbelievable. is this some new elaborate bait?
you do realize you're just the one doing what you're accusing me of doing right?