Supermoon - will it cause mt Agung to go all out?

> supermoon this sunday biggest of 2017
> mt Agung exploding
> supermoons possibly linked to earthquakes and volcanic eruptions

Welp..
accuweather.com/en/weather-news/sundays-sumpermoon-to-be-biggest-brightest-full-moon-of-2017/70003434

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TLCw_M3VtaA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Neat. And the weather says no clouds. It's kind of neat how a relatively small change in how big and bright the moon is has a more noticeable effect on the night than you'd think.

Too bad the local topology precludes seeing it near the horizon where it gets all cartoonishly large.

isnt there some conspiracy about this next series of supermoons? Something about the end of the world?

The moon is a hologram.

all those who do wrong upon this world shall burn in the bloodmoon light

Only the stupidest 1% oh the human species would believe something like that

Congratulations, user! You are now less intelligent than a Papua New Guinea pygmy.

>Bong education

"The moon has absolutely no connection to tidal forces nor any (((geological))) elements on earth because gravity is JUST a theory."

The moon literally, literally, LITERALLY causes high and low tide. The moon LITERALLY PULLS on the earth. It pulls on the tides of the ocean. it pulls on the tectonic plates, less noticeably of course, and it also pulls on the MAGMA under the earth! This is very very common knowledge!
FUCK

It also slows down the speed of the earth's rotation. There used to be over 400 days in a year a long, long time ago.

Yeah, but the difference in gravitational force between a super moon and an 'ordinary' moon is so minute, that it is drowned out by all other variables that affect tides, plate tectonics, and so on.

Do carry on arguing, if you like. But if you do, I'm just going to call you stupid again.

So what is the enhancement in tidal forced due to the super moon phase relative to a normal moon phase?

I've seen papers describing changes in the gas emissions of fumaroles due to tidal forces, but nothing about eruption initiation - and especially nothing due to supermoons.

when the moon is full its recommended to fast

do you even know what perigee means? The moon is Closer to the earth at that point, and thusly increases, even minutely the tidal effects the moon has on the earth. Which means *drumrooool* that the oceans, tectonic plates, and magma are all more greatly influenced by the moons gravity!

So, according to the wiki, a super moon exerts 19% more tidal forcing than the average value. That could be enough to reduce pressure and cause gas exsolvation and bubble formation in the magma inducing explosive eruption.. but the volcano has been experiencing similar forces for a while as the moon approageched its perig ee

>I've seen papers describing changes in the gas emissions of fumaroles

No, you haven't. You just typed something into google and copied the first science-sounding thing you found.

Better quit while you're behind, my intellectually-challenged friend.

You smell that? Do you smell that? Chaos, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of chaos in the morning.

praying for California super earthquake

wouldn't that be speeding it up, dumbass?

Slows it down due to the aggregate affect of tidal forces.

Dumbass.

so if years used to be 400+ days and are now 365/366 days, that's speeding up.

Faggot

Get fucked. I'm an actual atmospheric volcanologist. Pic from my Google scholar alerts.

Do you understand the difference between the earth's rotation around its own axis, and the earth's rotation around the sun?

>Burger education

>Get fucked. I'm an actual atmospheric volcanologist. Pic from my Google scholar alerts.

Wow, Google scholar! That's a pretty exclusive club!

>Membership of only 7 billion

Took me a few mins to find it since I'm on my phone. Pic related.

Taken your A levels yet, faggot?

That's my email inbox faggot. I've been studying volcanoes for years.

Is having your ass blown out like Mt st Helen's your fetish? Cuz you're acting like a monumental faggot right now

kek

OP isn't entirely full of shit for once. I give him my professional endorsement

>supermoon

Not a thing. Fuck off with your non scientific bullshit

>Taken your A levels yet, faggot?

Do you know what the definition of a supermoon actually is?

My money is on the 'no' outcome right now.

Tidal forces follow r^3 dependence. The moon being 0.5% closer makes a difference.

This. The "supermoon" happens once a month, every month. It just happens to be a full moon at the same time the moon is closer to the earth. It literally has no real effect. Just like how a full moon has no more effect on tidal forces than a crescent moon. Its all just superstitious bullshit that makes ypu look stupid af.

>What are spring tides and neap tides
You don't understand how tidal forces work if you don't think the position of the moon relative to the sun have significant impact.

B
L
M O O N
O
D

PLEASE STOP! PLEASE! If you truthfully do not believe that a crescent moon has less effects on the earth than a full moon, you need to stop posting!

I want you to look very closely at a diagram, preferably an animated one, and i want you to look at the position of the moon, earth, and sun. Then take some time to ponder about gravity! then come back and continue to shit all over astronomy.

>Tidal forces follow r^3 dependence. The moon being 0.5% closer makes a difference.

That reply establishes fairly well that you don't know what a supermoon is. Why don't you ask some of your google scholar buddies to explain it to you?

youtube.com/watch?v=TLCw_M3VtaA

Im sorry are you the one who conducted those experiments? I should just believe you because some scientist said something once

>Why don't you ask some of your google scholar buddies to explain it to you?

Oh look, someone has already done it. You should thank them politely. I wouldn't have wasted the effort on you.

GO BOOM MR.SUPERMOON

>Dunning-Kruger effect is in full force.
Really? Because I'm fairly certain that's exactly what a supermoon is - a full moon at perigee, during which tidal forces are 19% stronger than average due to the inverse r^3 dependence.

>Im sorry are you the one who conducted those experiments? I should just believe you because some scientist said something once

mfw

>what is a proxigean spring tide.
>t.retard

>I'm fairly certain that's exactly what a supermoon is - a full moon at perigee

That's not the definition of a supermoon. Go back to your wikipedia page and read it again. CAREFULLY this time.

Are you being intentionally stupid?

See what a nice guy I am? Here's the important part of your own screenshot that you obviously didn't notice.

>The term supermoon is not astronomical, but originated in modern astrology.

Here it is again. Read it carefully this time.

Jesus fuck, that's what you're on about? So you're saying the moon isn't really exerting 19% more tidal forces on the Earth tomorrow because some fortune-tellers gave the astronomical configuration a catchy name?

Eh, it's just a weird coincidence to me.
But who knows.

Do you hear that sound? That's the sound of me sighing for the inevitable collapse of Western Civilisation.

A collapse caused mainly because of people like you.

Let me switch to simpler language. Maybe that will get through to you.

SUPER MOONS DEY NOT REAL
SUPER MOONS DEY MADE UP BY STOOPID PEOPLE
SUPER MOONS DEY NOT DIFFERENT TO NEW MOONS
OK OK OK OK DEY A BIT DIFFERENT
MAYBE DEY BE 0.0001% DIFFERENT
VOLCANOES DEY DON'T KNOW IF SUPERMOON OR NO SUPERMOON
VOLCANOES DEY GOT OTHER THINGS TO THINK ABOUT

>but the difference in gravitational force between a super moon and an 'ordinary' moon is so minute
That it might push that mountain, or it's spastic twin rinjani, into gear.

Btw I went out side to see the moon at it's peak and I literally saw a drone or a silent plane flying near it.
Was spoopy. Had people with me confirming it too.

You're mentally ill, next you'll say something stupid like 'the aether doesn't exist'.

I felt really weird just before it peaked. At that stage I actually hadn't thought about the moon either.
It's amazing the unseen effects of things.

>he thinks the moon circles in a completely circular manner
>not an elliptical manner

When i was a kid, i was very much into astronomy, meteorology, geology, and all the related sorts of things., I regularly watch seismographs, space weather, volcanos, now as an adult. I was a lonely child, and now its become a hobby of mine. I am not accredited in any sense, but im also not going to bullshit out my ass about something i thoroughly enjoy. Many scientists have corroborating evidence to support the effects of the moon on the earth, and over the years as more evidence presents itself we can see to what extent this is the case.

Please just either accept it, or go study some basic astronomy.

Yeah my city gets a good view for the jan31/feb1 blood moon.

DAT GUY MICHELSON
DAT GUY MORLEY
DEY SEY AETHERS DEY NOT EXIST

GO BOOM MR.SUPERMOON

>what is full moon fever

and just because my penis is a cock, a dick, and a pecker doesnt mean its original function is for urination and reproduction. and it doesnt change how good it works.
supermoon, super bad scary space circle, space station or otherwise, the dynamics of the moon in the event will still effect the earth the same way.
fuckin bongs.

People seem to take astrology for granted.
But the sun, moon, planets and every system in this universe in some way effects what happens on Earth and potentially how we even behave.
Ripples become a wave so to speak.

And that's all they did, say it doesn't exist, and yet it's still there.
Really makes you think.

ME NO LIKE THINK
BRAIN HURT BIG MUCH MUCH

we both are right

>myopic bong

>the dynamics of the moon in the event will still effect the earth the same way.

You obviously don't understand what those effects are. I bet you're one of those people who thinks the high tide is directly under the moon, rather than offset at 90 degrees, aren't you?

Literally nothing will happen

i legitimately do not understand this post.
Yes. I am completely baffled and perplexed by the moon. I have no understanding of astronomy, the moon, sun, or the earth. I am fabricating every word in this thread in an attempt to troll my fellow anons, because we are all intentionally lying to you! Everybody, the jokes over, hes onto us. we can stop teasing him now. It was Gaias idea to fuck with you so hard. She was upset her dildo got sent flying back out into space. Im sorry bro, shes a total bitch.
/thread

>race isn't real ... It's it's a social construct
>t.you

>he believes in gravity
The tides are just the great and ancient ocean breathing, maaaan.

>all those satanists that will be doing their blood rituals
I wish i had the balls to go out and hunt them.
>ywn go on a witch hunt with Sup Forums

There aren't any satanists. Just a load of edgy LARPers who like doing edgy stuff edgily.

You have a lot of faith in what you know user.

>Just a load of edgy LARPers
>having religious beliefs is LARPing
I knew you were cancer the moment I saw your first post.

I bet you're one of those people who believes Jesus was a real, historical person, aren't you?

>super moon causes earthquakes
Geeeeeeeeet fucked California! May you and your wards die by the thousands. The tears spilt for you will make it easier to identify rot that has begun to afflict other states. May you be buried under a literal mountain of faggotry, swallowed up by the earth, and struck by a meteor!
>time to invest in Arizona bayfront property!