Why is there a difference how Sup Forums treats Korean Manga and Chinese Manga...

Why is there a difference how Sup Forums treats Korean Manga and Chinese Manga? I remember one faggot spamming webtoons on Sup Forums and thought it might be the reason why Sup Forums dislikes them (though they weren't Manwha but Web Cartoons) but Sup Forums's hate for them goes way more back.

Manga =/= manhwa =/= manhua.
Sup Forums - Anime & Manga, not Sup Forums - Anime & Manga/Manhwa/Manhua

Art reflects culture. Japan has a different culture than Korea or China, so if you pretend a work from Korea or China is Japanese, there is a cognitive dissonance in the deceived person that feels unpleasant.

Mods don't care about either and Sup Forums is known to like Manhua like Ravages of Time.

Girls of the Wilds fucking suck and is the biggest disappointing thing since myself

just wanted to throw that out there

Arr rook same

Why are you too retarded to understand the difference? Just leave

No, Sup Forums ignores manhua, manhwa, and manga

I googled that image and I can't believe they are trying to bait poor 2D Enthusiasts to watch a 3DPD theater with a cute 2D Girl as advertisement.

Manhwa is complete garbage 99% of the time

I fully understand the difference and Sup Forums has from time to time enjoyed them as seen in Shin Angyo Onshi, Ravages of Time, Blood and Steel and couple more. I want to discuss this because clearly you have no idea why you dislike them in the first place.

I can't think of anything thats either popular or good thus why it hardly talked about

half elitism, half the fact that this is the board for anime and manga, not manhua, and half the fact that they're different

but we did have multiple threads about literal chinese puppetry, and there have been some manga with korean authors that got a bit of discussion on Sup Forums so at the end of the day it's just board culture

>and half the fact that they're different
In what respect? The only difference I can actually find if I look at them unbiased are the names of characters and very rarely a certain korean art-style that they employ (and reading it from left to right unlike manga)

I wouldn't find a difference compared to your average highschool romcom either made by Japan or Korea if the names were culture neutral.

Most of them are complete shit is why. I mean take the shittiest manga you've read and crank that experience up to 11 and you have your average gook/chink shit.

The translations are always far worse as well.

Personal peeve with them is tri part names which can then have titles added on to that. It's basically all the jokes about dropping keys to name chink babies proven correct.

That said there are a few decent ones out there I read 'tales of demons and gods' and 'douluo dalu'. It seems the common manhua-shonen trope is that you get stronger by meditating and absorbing monsters.

Why are you talking about Sup Forums like it's one one entity?

I generally don't like them for a few reasons. The plots are almost always generic fightan garbage. The names are really jarring, Nah Hyong-Bae Seonsang-nim just sounds stupid to me and looks waaay more out of place in a translation than Japanese names for me. Same with Chinese, especially if read with tones. And the scans/translations are usually complete garbage, even when the source is a digital webcomic. Doupo Cangqiong is especially bad here, where half of it is barely legibile and has giant Chinese watermarks.

So where can we discuss manwha then? Since Sup Forums doesn't allow it either.

Because it's easier to get people to respond to your post and it's contents. This way you get more people to respond with both negative and positive responses.

The Japanese Protagonist generally does not care about school, even though he attends one; the Korean Protagonist is willing to kill people for better grades. The Chinese Protagonist just likes to kill people.

I forgot to mention that I do like that some of them are full color, which is nice.

So what's the pic from? Reverse image searches are putting up nothing.

>Hyong-Bae Seonsang-nim
Korean names are probably the most unaesthetic looking and sounding names of the world.

Fucking Pride Complex. Ended way too abruptly.
Skill of Lure was great, art was meh, but it was a really fun romance, especially because the MC actually grows and learns.

>Introduce new Korean manga as a wacky and kind of dark battle/martial arts shonen
>Half-way through turn it into the shittiest forced drama since Kimi no Iru Machi

Calling it disappointing is an understatement.

Thank the whole Yomanga drama. Korean Cancer should just stay anywhere but on Sup Forums.

Feng Shen Ji is welcomed, but no one ever tried to shill the chinks here anyway, so theyre fine.

To be fair, that's probably just because you're used to Japanese naming conventions from reading manga for so long.

>Fucking Pride Complex. Ended way too abruptly.
I didn't even find it that abruptly, I'm more pissed that the Author half-assed the ending like your average japanese Author. The relationship between the two was incredibly cute but the author ruined it with that semi-half assed confession.

Most of Korean "Manga" nowadays is fucking webtoons. They often have barely passable art without any details to the backgrounds etc, and poor overall quality due to how everyone and their mother can start drawing one and they self publish as far as I know. I do love Shin Angyo Onshi and several other of those in normal manga format like Veritas.

I don't know what's going on with chink manga exactly but it's terrible. They just have no moderation in shitty cliches and wish fulfillment and I really can't stand it.

Manhwa like SAO or Veritas really should belong there because they quality and mimic Japanese style really well. I think webtoons are more similar to western comic in many ways and also shit so should go to Sup Forums.

No, even chinese names sound better.
Korean ones are disgusting

>discuss gookshit

I don't think so, they are as badly sounding as african names. Chinese Names also sound better compared to korean.

implying Sup Forums doesn't just repeat the first person who posts an opinion on something

Most webtoons that get scanlated end up being almost completely h-related. People are already flooding exhentai with them.

No, they're just fucking grating. I'm perfectly Comfortable with names in pretty much any other language. I'd rather listen to African click languages than Korean.

You mean "spamming"? They are all fucking shit anyway.

>The Chinese Protagonist just likes to kill people.
>when reading a manhua and a one character posing a minor offense to another results in death threats

Every time. It's even more irritating when they're in a contest of some kind in which case the mere act of competing with each other is enough to warrant death threats.

I wish that faggot would stop spamming gookshit on sadpanda.

>You mean "spamming"?
I'm not sure if it's spamming since I ignore/filter them anyway.

There are some people on Sup Forums who fervently care about which Asian language that they cannot understand is being used. Mods do not.

Calm down Hung-Su-Rhee Ajeossia

A lot of Chinese manhuas are just shitty adaptations of good novels though. Douluo Dalu's manhua isn't as good as the actual novel and neither is Coiling Dragon.

Because a lot of Korean and Chinese manga just feel like knock off Japanese manga

which is totally different from all the shitty japanese wn/ln adaptations

>gookshit

China is already superior to japan, fucking disgusting autistic fat weebs spamming anti-china and korea everyday.

-webtoon is your friend.
I'd actually tolerate it if he didn't spam his uploads all at once.

Why is it that makes gook art so unappealing?

It's strange, it's not drastically different from Japanese art but you can easily spot it from a mile away.

Why are MCs in manga usually annoying pussys while in manhwa they're pretty alpha?

Post examples.

>feel like
It literally bootleg manga. At least some times the chinks ripoff cape comic while gooks just straight ripoff manga all the times.

A bootleg is a bootleg no matter you polish it.

>Most of Korean "Manga" nowadays is fucking webtoons.
The Gamer.

At least they're good for when you want something in full color right?

Alpha like what?

0.5 yuan has been added to your bank account.

I think the biggest offender is actually that Koreans employ NTR in almost literally every single work they do. I actually can't name a single Manwha that didn't have at least an NTR implication or attempt in it.

Even Shin Angyo Onshi and that one was great.

The gamer what?
>At least they're good for when you want something in full color right?
the fuck are you talking about? They all look like chicken scratch manga wannabe shit with totally amateurist coloring.

I still liked the Breaker, and Sun-ken Rock has pretty art. That's basically it.

gooks enjoy getting cucked perhaps more than any other oriental

NTR is their version of the triangle relationship now

So I have heard.

What's the deal with the sequel? It read like the author just wanted to kill as many people as possible.

Their history is sucking the dick of the strongest power, be it China, Japan or the USA.

>good novel
>wuxishit kungfu ki shit

>Why is it that makes gook art so unappealing?
I think it's the same thing that make American "manga" art unappealing even when it's somewhat decent. It's trying to blatantly ape a "style" with out establishing it's own, or without understanding the actual fundamentals of what makes a good comic or art. They usually don't understand panel flow, drawing movement, line weight, etc. They just make it look "anime" and think that's good enough.

Its like asking someone in US to consider Russia/China/NK as being American.

They're not. Each one has a different culture and story telling method. The character actions are also very different.

China have a lot of chink china must kill a lot of chink to help protect the world because china is so great

>reading manhwa
>noo han soo jee to you too, noona
I cannot fucking stand the naming conventions or honorifics, and they don't seem nearly as easy to learn or nearly as acceptable to say as Japanese ones

There's just one super autistic idiot who spams Sup Forums hates all non-Japanese Asian comics. While all Korean webcomics are shit, they are allowed here and nobody has ever complained about Korean or Chinese comics until recently.