>no one talks about it

Why?

Mediocre

>masterpiece
heh i needed a good laugh

Hot garbage

How was it bad?

>okada

completely overshadowed by a short from the same studio, will not be remembered in 5 years

So?

Luluco has already been forgotten, as it's a disposable fanservice short. Kiznaiver is growing in reputation as people see through the "Okada is bad" meme and recognize her genius writing

It was practically a rejected Kokoro Connect storyline.

>it had drama in it
>therefore it's the same as this random shitty anime from 4 years ago

Objectively best Trigger show

Based Okada does it again

I don't even remember the name of the MC in Kizaniaver but I do Luluco's.
It's typically the stuff people expect from Trigger and it will be remembered as such, along with KLK and LWA. Kiznaiver on the other hand will only be remembered as a stain on the studio and a lesson that getting away from one's comfort zone shouldn't mean losing sight of your personality/who you are. I find it ironic, maybe even prophetic (was it intentional, I wonder) that Luluco, a show about aknowledging it's okay not to be normal, came out at the same time not normal studio Trigger released a normal, not quite generic, but still quite mediocre show such as Kiznaiver.

You think I think that because of the drama, and not the awful plot device that fueled the drama, that is awfully similar, and that they were both written by Okada? (Kokoro Connect being an adaption)

The similarities are undeniable, Okada was being lazy.

I thought Kyoani shows were melodramatic but Okada is just on a whole other level.

It was so shitty

>Kiznaiver didn't suit the personality of Trigger
>Kiznaiver was a normal show
You have no idea what you're talking about

Nah, I love Trigger but had to drop Kizunaiver fairly quickly. It was shit. Only good thing out of it is the opening theme.

Good characters but it was a mess, a sort of interesting mess at times, but not wholly successful by any margin.

>if you ignore the vast differences in writing and directing, the similarities are undeniable

I watched 4 episodes and it was the most generic shit I ever witnessed. Almost as boring and souless as Guilty Crown.

Masterpiece of shit writing.

I want to hold Sonozaki's hand.

Awfully written garbage with drama for drama's sake out the ass, all while having this sort of pretense of there being something important going on but it's actually just a shitty love pentagon with a mcguffin for no reason.

How can you defend KLK, LWA, or Luluco and then call Kiznaiver "generic"? Your opinions make no sense my friend

Do you think Trigger is "the action studio" or something?

>while having this sort of pretense of there being something important going on but it's actually just a shitty love pentagon with a mcguffin for no reason.
literally every Okada anime with any hint of sci-fi/fantasy in it, she should just stick to highschool drama

>Do you think Trigger is "the action studio" or something?

It had differences. It looked very nice. The best thing about it was that it confirmed Mai Yoneyama as being a good character designer/animation director, and Masanobu Nomura's art direction too. That couldn't save it from the writing. That doesn't mean I should ignore that I found the drama contrived, the purpose for the plot device poorly explained, and the whole thing awfully similar to Kokoro Connect which Okada had previously worked on. Don't get me wrong, those aspects of it were better handled here than they were in Kokoro Connect, but I still think they were pretty bad and I didn't like it.

We did talk about it, back when it aired and we discussed at length how fucking god awful it was.

this was a high school drama

Trigger is all style and fun. KLK, LWA, and Luluco are exactly that. Kiznaiver isn't. It's tryhard 3deep5u psychological shit with a lame ass plot and a lame ass plot device that never seem to bring about interesting situations. The final nail into Kizaniver's coffin being the MC just doesn't carry the show. As if his normie everyday guy beta personality wasn't sinful enough, he's also passive. And Trigger just doesn't do passive MCs. A hotblooded MC might as well be their trademark.

Fair enough. I just get overly annoyed when people seem to be ignoring the qualities of the show, and act like it's "generic" or similar to other dramas in any significant way. Feels like most of the people that hate it don't actually watch any non-action anime, or even any non-Trigger/Gainax anime

>muh friendship
>muh feelings
>muh Okada
Truly the greatest

Anyone who didn't immediately drop it at the retarded, forced "7 deadly sins if they were anime archetypes" speech has only himself to blame.

I would argue that it has just as much style and fun as KLK and Luluco (and more than LWA, which is actually as lame and generic as people accuse Kiznaiver of being, especially the second one)

Okada is not bad. Kiznaiver is just her worst script to date.

The "style and fun" is all in the direction and animation desperately trying to turn the scripts into something watchable, and failing.
Don't even compare it with something like LWA, that despite being a showcase of animation first and foremost, still has the spirit and charm of every other Gainax/Trigger coming of age story, as well as their layered, only apparently dumb writing (magic = animation, passing the torch (shiny rod) as the purpose of the young animators project, etc).

It's in the scripts too because the character interactions are one of Kiznaiver's greatest strengths. LWA is what you get when the "style and fun" is all in the direction and animation, the characters are just empty and unlikable despite having great designs and being well animated (of course it's partly due to being just 2 short movies, the TV series might have more potential to improve this, though I doubt it)

>the characters are just empty and unlikable despite having great designs and being well animated
In what way are they unlikable?

The entire theme was really melancholic and mopey, where all the characters seem to give up their agency because the plot demanded it.

The orange-haired girl was the best part. Had more perception and balls than the rest of the cast combined.

The characters and their interactions in Kiznaiver are dreadful, whoever thought that forcing a bunch of shallow anime archetypes together would make for good character drama needs to be shot.
>the characters are just empty and unlikable despite having great designs and being well animated
Oh so I get it, you messed up your post and were talking about Kiznaiver here.

>people defending Kiznaiver
Oh to be 12 again and think the bullshit "philosophy" peddled by Kiznaiver has any fucking meaning.
He's just saying stupid shit in a desperate attempt to win the argument on the anonymous Korean cave carving message board in the intertubes.

The only ones I like are Diana and Amanda, and that's only because they're hot. Akko is an obnoxious brat and the others are nothing more than their gimmicky designs

It was fun to watch. The OP and ED were good.

Literally the most shallow possible answer you could have given and just proof that you are absolutely no judge of character.

I tried watching Kiznaiver, but only got 2 episodes in before getting bored of it.
Luluco was way better.

>The only ones I like are Diana and Amanda, and that's only because they're hot.
>the others are nothing more than their gimmicky designs
Your lack of self awareness is astounding

It was really good. I'm sure it would have niche following here on Sup Forums if it wasn't a Trigger show, since it being a Trigger show attracted massive shitposting in every thread

Nobody said anything about "philosophy", stop projecting

>I'm sure it would have niche following here on Sup Forums if it wasn't a Trigger show, since it being a Trigger show attracted massive shitposting in every thread
You must not have been around when this was airing then

Any attempts to talk shit about this show in any Kiznaiver episode discussion threads were met with immediate shitposts by Trigger dick suckers to the point where any negative comments about this show were seen as bait

It was alright. However, I'll probably only ever remember it as the last show that Boom Boom Satellites worked with.

Not even LWA fans pretend to like Akko, Lotte, the fat one or the little one. You can go to the LWA thread right now and see this for yourself. Everyone agrees that better characterization is desperately needed in the TV series.

Sucy is more popular but only because people want to fuck her, same reason I like Diana and Amanda

It's the okayest anime I've seen in a while.

Horrible ending.

It went both ways. Also you have to consider that some of those Trigger fanboys were falseflaggers. This website is filled to the brim with falseflagging retards.

But that's wrong, plenty of people like Lotte and the little one, Constanze, she's cute and a technomage is impossible to be uninteresting. Akko was adorable in the first one and became kinda annoying in the second one, but she's still cute and yes we're all hoping they don't fuck her up. The fat one is indeed a waste of space. Sucy is popular not just because of her design but also because of how she's a sort of crazy sadist.

I see OP has watched about 10 anime series at this point. He's a big boy now who wants his new opinions validated by people online.

Because it wasn't a masterpiece, it was kind of average desu

Why are people suddenly trying to push kiznaier as some great show when it wasn't even talked about when it aired?

Because the veil is lifting and people are recognizing Okada as the genius she is

Give us a break, user. It's the mid-season transition. People need their shitposting.

>Kiznaiver is just her worst script to date
>what is Mayoiga

I was underwhelming but not terrible

Maybe it was uploaded on Netflix or some other official shit recently?

Okada has never written anything remotely good in her entire fucking life.

She's the best writer in anime

Wouldn't even be true if she was the only writer in anime.