If the 1950's nuclear family was so great, why did they go on to raise Baby Boomers?

If the 1950's nuclear family was so great, why did they go on to raise Baby Boomers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3svvCj4yhYc
bostonglobe.com/ideas/2017/02/26/how-baby-boomers-destroyed-everything/lVB9eG5mATw3wxo6XmDZFL/story.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Americans_in_the_Venona_papers
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venona_project
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Feelings of grandeur

That's actually a very good question.

literally just reacting and trying to be a counterculture to their parents traditionalism hence all the degeneracy, pretty much now how people are reacting to boomers by trying to become more traditional again. It's just an endless cycle of this.

I like this photograph.

>wearing shoes in the house
Disgusting

Because they let a bunch of Jews in to their halls of power after the war

It’s not actual vintage. It’s a mad men inspired recent photo ad.

yeah plus it's on carpet which makes it 10x worse

If the boomers were so bad why did they go on to raise a glorious international movement of white pride, identitarianism and power?

I was fucked over by the system and fucked over by my peers. I feel no loyalty to the peers or the system so I'm libertarian. What does it mean if I'm reacting against my peers and the system the previous generation created at the same time? The normal kids were treated like they could do no wrong. The abnormal kids were fucked over.

Baby Boomers felt the need to rebel, and like the faggots they are, rebelled in the left direction.

Well in that case it's shit.

50s were great, the 60s were undermined by America hating cia niggers.

Soyboy. A real man wears his shoes wherever he damn pleases.

Stop trying to claim Hitlers work.

They flooded white countries with non-whites and destroyed white birthrates.

12 year old detected
sage

I'm rebelling against the Boomers and the Millennials. I'm rebelling against Boomer's draconian laws and school system designed to create us into a non risk taking borg. I'm also rebelling against my generation's collectivism and disregard for individual rights because I know I will be fucked over. Just as I was fucked over by a system that praised normal kids but fucked over abnormal kids.

>It's just an endless cycle of this.

Rebelling against your parents didn't begin in America until the 1920s though. Prior to that, you were born into, lived, and died the same life your parents did.

It's a nice photo. Don't be such a contrarian.

>rebelled in the left direction.

Why the fuck would the rebel in a right wing manner? They're rebelling AGAINST their right wing families.

>straya

This thread is about the 1950's American Nuclear Family. Please don't comment on things you don't know anything about.

Stop posting this fucking meme picture. It's an oversimplification of history by people who've never sat down and studied it.

Has anything really changed though? The men back then drank like fish and chain smoked at work. The women had "Mother's Little Helpers" as well. Not a lot of people were hippies in the day. They look back and claim to be counter culture to feel apart of their generation.

I don't think this time is that economically bad though for normal everyday people.

Bad times -> strong men -> good times -> weak men -> bad times

You know the saying

Vietnam and the draft.

That's because it wasn't great. Sure to us it looks great. But anything seems better compared to hellscape we live in now.

American reddit transplants and memespastics on Sup Forums love it.

Its a meme version of Spenglers civilizational cycles.

Its a good meme

What happens to the people who live like it's good times in the bad times though? What happens to them in the good era?

Democracy and Free Trade/Unregulated Capitalism is self destructive.

Even back in ''le traditional days'', people living in UK (+CAN, AUS, NZ), USA, France etc were living under the same ((people)) we're living under today. These ((people)) pulling the strings have been directly involved with our societies since the early 1800s. This isn't just some post 1960s thing.

I think you're on to something

mfw we're currently transitionning from the 3rd picture to the 4th

Everything was fine until the (((assassination))) in 1963

I honestly think this was one of the worst things which could've happened in American history. Prior to this, I feel as if there was a strong patriotism in one's government; the President was the hero of the people, and the government had the nation's best interest at heart.

Finding out the government couldn't be trusted fucked everything up. I would like to see that trust be one day restored between the people and the state.

the baby boomers were corrupted in liberal universities, just like the millennials today. duh

youtube.com/watch?v=3svvCj4yhYc

True there was rebellion in the 1920s. Go to 4:21. They rebelled against their Victorian era parents.

Kids always rebel against their parents. Every other generation is garbage.

bad things

Incorrect. These cycles only started happening within the past 100 or so years, cohencidentally right around the time communism started catching on.

Why would bad things happen to them if they are insulated from the bad of the bad times? If they are in the good times it means they made it home free.

Socially, yes, but politically we started getting fucked over since Rothschild Dynasty took over Europe in the 1800s. America started visually getting messed since the Federal Reserve. As time went on, its just got worse and worse, plus the 1960s, and now here we are today, living like wage slaves, being replaced by negroes, and bringing our current children into this world to be whores and traps.

Overpowered by the lowest common denominators of society in the aggregate. On personal levels these are the people that end up becoming CEO's and pillars of the community, though.

Looks like a nice life with horrendous ideas on interior decorating.

Really? Because here, abnormal kids get their own teachers, get a ribbon for showing up, are forced on groups of kids that don't want to play with them under the guise of inclusion and disrupt 20 kids in a class with their single outbursts. The system is designed to protect and reward them at the cost of everyone else. I will never understand why we bring down 50 just to raise one up.
However, if it was my child that was abnormal, you can bet your ass I'd be there fighting for them, so....

Burgers became degenerates much longer ago. Even Hitler knew that.

jew mass media raised the baby boomers.

Rock & Roll

because the american government spent so much time demonizing Hitler, boomers went too far into doing the opposite of what Hitler wanted

Literally because Marxists subverted American universities, media, and political parties.

McCarthy was right. He was always right.

Jews using drugs and demoralization of Cultural Marxism (a Jewish invented plan).

boomers had it easier than anyone ever has in the world, including succeeding generations. there's a reason why wealth rarely transcends 2-3 generations. the kids are greedy and uncultured shits that ruin everything. hence, boomers. they had it easy after their parents generation died for freedom and justice. the boomers then raped the world.

Abnormal kids get sent to juvie via zero tolerance laws. If you even write something down you're considered a terrorist threat.

Abnormal kids are severely bullied day after day by many kids at the same time because MIllennials are hivemind then get blamed when they fight other kids and get suspended. Get told to reason or talk things out. Then the abnormal kid starts things with others and becomes unhinged.

Abnormal kids are sent to areas where kids don't learn. Where the kids just drool and hit themselves on the head all day.

Abnormal kids get medications shoved down their throat all day by the school system.

Then when the abnormal kids take pride in their individuality, the same peers who fucked their lives up get angry and call them a special snowflake. It was an environment where you were forced to tolerate everyone else but nobody had to tolerate you.

>oversimplification
Facts can be simplified; fiction cannot.

bostonglobe.com/ideas/2017/02/26/how-baby-boomers-destroyed-everything/lVB9eG5mATw3wxo6XmDZFL/story.html

hard times create strong men

strong men create good times

good times create weak men

weak men create hard times

Good times create weak men. Weak men create bad times. bad times create strong men. Strong men create good times.

Basically, the boomers were raised by tv, the school system, and the public institutions they serve.

No war to keep people in check.

KEK

>The normal kids were treated like they could do no wrong. The abnormal kids were fucked over.
>People in my immediate area in my youth were meanies, so fuck everyone ever, including the people who could potentially agree with me!
Childish nigger mentality, and this is coming from someone who had knives pulled on them in school and threatened, while officials looked the other way and even backed them, because I wasn't born in their town nor shared the same religion/ethnicity.
You would be surprised how different people can be a few cities and even a state over from where you are.
Your 'fuck it' mentality, while tempting and I empathize with it, is exactly what those with bad intentions in the system want. They want you to give up, makes their job easier.

Stop. Shut the fuck up. Look at a thread to make sure no one else has provided the same meme answer before making your shitty posts.

Has anyone drawn a smuggie yet mocking these people?

do gods work user

please do it they never stop

It's the real red pill. Much moreso than "hurr durr de (((joooos))"

It can't be over-stated.

No it is a silly question. Baby boomers were raised by stern parents and lived in abundance. They were soft on their kids because they thought their parents were hard on them. They thought the good times would last forever.

it's extremely oversimplified and doesn't take into the account the specific circumstances of history.

But others are still collectivists and want me to sacrifice for the greater good while I get less. I don't think it's fair. For the record my family decided to fight tooth and nail to protect me against all these fates.

Hell I got away with many things previous generations got away with because of it. Many of which I would not confess to here.

But I saw how I almost got fucked over by the system yet was also fucked over by peers and how others like myself got fucked over. It's just amazing things about things that almost happened to me but didn't.

Drugs, sex and rock&roll rebellion poisoned the minds of the lazy Boomers that got everything handed to them.

This. I never take off my shoes, not even in the mosque.

>> Raise a generation free of the past's worst hardships.

>> Do so in a period of unimagined lack of economic obstacle as rest of world is in post WWII shit, and some of it under Communist shittery.

>> Have technology shock reshaping industry and markets for decades.

>> Start space and information technology ages.

..... And have a generation of kids who are too pussy to rise up to the challenges your's did, too unwilling to risk what they have been handed not earned...

Rather than build ladders to the stars, to raise man off this ball of salted water and rock to be a Sol system wide civilization, knowing full well disasters and tragedies would need to be overcome on the way to so glorious a thing... KNowing they would have to sacrifice in the immediate to make the next generations even greater aspirations possible... they decided to be self indulgent and degenerate in the most literal of ways. And in their idiocy, they would call it liberal progression, they would label the bringing of a phoenix set to take to the heavens to a crashing crawl the 'achievement' of their generation. Boomers are the consequence of easy peace with little want creating a weak and self indulged people, with no appreciation for the strong and tireless that even made their existence possible, or the people'd potential to come after them.

...and God I'd be balls deep in that beehive hairstyle, with a phat ass qt3.14 to breed me some white children.

Yes, but it's extremely pertinent to much of what we discuss here on Sup Forums.

The daily questions about why we are now faggots and have abandoned the based and manful ways of our ancestors.

This is the simple answer.

How were they soft on their kids? I heard of my peers having helicopter parents that didn't allow them to venture off by themselves?

No, this is a false notion. The presenting is leading you to bad conclusions.

sometimes certain traditions need to be abandoned in order to adapt to a changing environment. I spose we should have kept the oh so manful tradition of trial by ordeal from medieval times as well hey, or headhunting?

>Good times create weak men.
>Weak men create bad times.
YOU ARE NOW HERE.
>Bad times create strong men.
>Strong men create good times.

Spoilt rotten after the war and were bored also a lot of it was pushback with 'Nam.

Sudden rise of drug and hippie culture combined with Vietnam

My parents decided to protect me from almost every modern problem my generation (Millennials) went through. They went out of their way to fight the system to do this. Was this a blessing or not?

I was thinking it had to be. The couples faces look more modern. I'm not sure how that's possible but there it is.

IT was their love for your innocence blinding them to their moral obligation to prepare you for your future, and obligation to your's and their's descendents.

Having every need met with no immediate danger doesn’t do a whole lot in the building of character or good morals

No it is a truism. For somebody so smug you sure are an obtuse motherfucker.

Now who is generalizing. The argument was never that all traditions should be kept regardless of validity but that the inevitable flow of a successful and prosperous civilization is to fall into degeneracy and weakness.

Nowhere is this more obvious in the West than the decay of the family which is not some arbitrary archaic tradition like trial by ordeal but in fact that fundamental building-block of any successful society.

It's in fact better to be a perfect robot in every way, the only reason why not being one is good is because that is the default state of your current being.
If I was given a choice to become a perfect android this very instant removing all my human weaknesses and only leaving what is perfect and logical, I would do it, because objectively my "humanity" has no value to my life and enjoyment of life.
All stimuli can be replicated and fabricated to the degree that they will feel more genuine than the most genuine experience you will ever have, we are nothing but broken machines born out of random statistics not that live in an age clearly not meant for us, singularity can't come soon enough.

People in the 1950s didn't raise their kids anymore, that's the thing. Kids/teenagers were raised by other peers, TV, Hollywood, propaganda and jews. When people stop raising their kids and let them get (((educated))) by rotten people, what do you expect? A healthy society is where kids and teenagers are brought up in the presence of people older than them. Kids are supposed to emulate adults. In school, they are raised by other kids and leftist women teachers, and fucking surprise, they become man-children!

Blaming the normalfags of 1950s doesn't help a thing. They were never in charge of anything. They didn't know what happended and they still don't know.

Stop raising your children and get shocked when they don't grow up.

Woah I’m blinded by your /his/ pseudo intellect

what does that even mean? You were raised in a stable family with a strong father and caring mother, living in a high-trust homogenous community? Or were they weird and homeschooled you and now you have no friends and post on Sup Forums?

Gotta love the eurofags complaining about wearing shoes inside the house. No wonder why they're such subhumans now.

What danger were you in growing up?

how? metal music and the 70s/80s were literally the counter culture to baby boomers stiff and christian way of life

It all stems from that pivotal point in history when the Marxists won the culture war. I am referring to the defeat of Joseph McCarthy and the vilification of "McCarthyism". He was exposing the communist infiltration of Hollywood and academia. When the (((media))) turned on him and basically discredited the idea of resisting Marxists in our culture, they were free to act. Hollywood turned sharply to the left - compare the movies from the 50's to those of the 60's and 70's. Academia became almost completely leftist (if not altogether Marxist). The cultural takeover was complete, and no one lifted a finger.

Notice the Orwellian finesse in which the Marxists have used demonizing certain ideas - rational rejection of communism and its influence in culture became the hated "McCarthyism". Any rejection of Marxist beliefs becomes bigotry and racist.
Of course there were mistakes made by the anti-communists during the 50's - and some corrections were warranted. However, the victory the Marxists enjoyed was the demonization of the idea of anti-communism in America. This has led in turn to the idea that protecting any part of our culture is wrong, and must be resisted.

Antifa and the Alt-Left is the direct result of this cancerous idea that our culture is not worth defending.
Donald Trump's election was America's immune system finally reacting to this infection. He has the courage to tell the truth about the Marxist lies that we have forced ourselves to believe. And this is why the Alt-Left, the Marxists, and the Democrats are fighting him with such vile intensity - he is overturning their one linchpin victory that has undermined our culture since the 1950's. Without that, they have nothing.

There's a reason they don't teach us about the Venona Papers in school, McCarthy was 100% right:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Americans_in_the_Venona_papers

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venona_project

If that is the case then why was there a generational battle between elders and young ones as far as fucking history and even mythology goes back? Fathers being afraid, dismissive and not supportive of their children is in fact a more common default in Greek mythology even for deities themselves, same goes for children being rebellious.
Is it hard to accept that strife, pointless conflict and us versus them mentality is the natural state of mind for humanity and that the issue isn't how our society works now or back then, but the human nature itself?

Not me retard but the greatest generation grew up with multiple wars. And with a war as pointless as Vietnam it turned a lot of them into doves rather than hawks like their parents

yes and now there is a rebellion against the atheist way of life, whats your point?

see now you're making more sense you should have clarified by giving actual good examples like the family unit, silly leaf.

Good post, user.

That is demonstrably false, I am from a post-soviet country and in the 90s people were actively killed in the streets, everyone was stealing from each other and teenagers knifing each other was a common occurrence.
Right now there are as many retards, lefties and other types of degenerates rising here as there are in US, some of them are even ex-gopniks or ex-victims of the times. And I must stress this, a large portion of people my age have stab wounds and there was straight up anime school vs school with weapons going on, I've seen a guys eye get stabbed out and I know kids that have died in these shit times, it was even worse for the older generation after the fall of USSR because of the civil war and warlords rising to power steering up shit.
Cultural tides are a lot more complex than simple hard times vs good times bullshit.

Meaning I was so protected from the era I can't even relate to my peers on the things they do and have to make things up. I can't relate to stranger danger, mandatory helmets, was in cars without a carseat before, rode handlebars of bikes, was out for many hours at age 6, even rode on the back of a pick up truck once. I was given lots of space.

I can't relate to divorce, not being close to neighbor kids, no strong family bonds, no morals, or no religion. I can't relate to not being taught about heaven or hell or reading the Bible or paying together. I can't relate to no strong extended family. I can't relate to not being close to some store owners and employees.

I was also extensively taught life and financial skills and manners at a very young age because my parents decided to focus on me more than the other kids. Every time my manners were wrong I was instantly corrected, even if my voice was too loud or too quiet or anything.

I was taught to obey police military and employers and respect them. To never raise your voice and always be non threatening to them. That they were my heroes. I was taught moderation and to be a good productive citizen. Also I had the same financial upbringing and family leisure time people say disappeared.