Crest of the Stars/Seikai no Monshō

I'm going to dump some and you're going to enjoy it!
Author: Morioka Hiroyuki
Artist: Yonemura Kouichirou

Fucking Abh. The Four Nations Alliance are the true heroes.

Around elves, watch yourselves.

Is this a new manga?

Fairly old, actually. Started serialization in 2012, but hasn't really been picked up by any group. Nayukilove has translated chapters 2 and 3 after it was in scanlation hell with only the first chapter translated since 2013. Hoping to get some interest in it going, seeing as it's really one of the better series to come out of Japan in a while.

It at least gives a vaguely(?) better rationale for the Abh conquering humans than the original I remember. It seemed to be unmentioned in the original manga aside from "the four nations is dicks to the empire," and "we conquer humans for shits and giggles because the empire demands it."
I remember three tanks I had when I was a middle schooler from Tokyopop and loved it a lot.

Is this even a business deal for the Abh? They wouldn't have given three shits over who's the boss so long as the planet accepted their rule by hook or crook, right?
I can't help but feel Rock Linn goes, "make me the lord in exc--," and the Abh are like, "Sure, whatever, just surrender."
I mean, they seemed to be going to surrender ANYWAYS. Is this all just Rock Linn going "might as well guarantee myself nobility" in this?

More than anything, the Abh simply seem to be trying to cut of interstellar travel. To lock people into their own solar systems as much as possible. They don't care about planets, because their society lives primarily in space.

That's what they said in the anime. They're still dicks for their Holier-than-thou attitude though.

>the Abh simply seem to be trying to cut of interstellar travel.
Is there more reason as to why, if you know?

It was a long long time since I read the Tokyopop manga and light novel.

Both never quite fleshed out the Abh beyond dropping the explanation that they were once an artificially-created slave race by some human(?) empire of old that they took over and because they're perfect space elves live in a perfectly ordered mighty empire of beauty.

And for some reason they like keeping conquered space-states in highly-controlled little blocks (which economically, doesn't make the greatest of sense?).

I had to resize this image, since the original is >4mb.

>(which economically, doesn't make the greatest of sense?

Makes perfect sense militarily. Keep your potential enemies separated, divide and conquer.

>reason
Something about permanent peace for all of humanity, if I remember correctly. About how if everyone have interstellar travel it'll only lead to conflicts.
>artificially-created slave race
I thought they were meant for exploration and surveying new systems?

>I thought they were meant for exploration and surveying new systems?
That's probably what it was. It's been over a decade since I last even remembered Crest of the Stars existed.

>They're still dicks for their Holier-than-thou attitude though.
Isn't their entire social system built around "pride" or something? They glorify that attitude. I can only imagine how odd their social interaction must be if the social alpha is probably the biggest stick-in-the-ass upturned-nose dick in the room.

>those panel 6 eyes
Huh. Jinto would be a 10/10 qt3.14 if he was actually a girl instead.

You sayin' he's not already?

>You sayin' he's not already?
Of course not. He's the son of a filthy traitor to humanity. We should commence space piracy on his anus to restore human independence.

It was? I don't really remember much except about Abh society except being angry, angry about space elves. No wonder the Empress was such a bitch toward the Alliance's diplomats.

Laffiel makes a relative deal about it somewhere about Jinto manning up for some reason (I think it was early on, since it's where she starts to like/respect him). She says he has a "lot of pride."
It may have been part of the light novel clarifying that they do respect a person's sense of pride however; the appendix for the light novels was excellent for getting a greater hold on the setting.

waifu enter stage let

/end chapter 1. Will continue chapter 2.

well, well
this artist has made Laffiel quite UNFF

Tight in all the right places.

Credits page. Chapter 2 was done by Nayukilove.

Why's this nigga so mad about space elves when he's got Vulcan in his blood? Lookit his ears

I see.
> the appendix for the light novels was excellent for getting a greater hold on the setting.
That sound fun, guess I'll give the light novel a go. Thanks.
Laffiel's eyes scares me.

>Laffiel's eyes scares me.
The artist did make them have that uncanny valley big-eyed Troll Dolls have.

You see, this is a character who knows to never trust an elf.

>You see, this is a character who knows to never trust an elf.
They're all pedophiles and rapists afterall. How many human cradles have been robbed by horny elves?

This rendition of CoS is great. The art is hit or miss here and there but it's well polished. However adult Jinto unnerves the fuck out of me. I keep seeing Elijah Wood Frodo Baggins because of his curly hair and the shape of his face.

I shall call thee CUTE

This dorky elf waifu smile is too much for my heart.

Now that's cute.