RED EYES

so... what's the deal with the theme of a red eyed clan? ex: Sasuke from Naruto and Kurapika from Hunter x Hunter

Red eyes are cool

It's edgy

Yeah awesome but besides the obvious. Their clan was killed because of their eyes, they are some of the few survivors, and when their eyes turn red they get stronger. So What I'm trying to ask is... Is there a folk story behind this? a legend? a fairy tail perhaps?

the difference is clear

Yes. Albinos have red eyes and are butchered for their body parts in Africa because some people are stupid enough to think they have mystical properties that are useful in witchcraft.

I should also mention that the practice is called "muti" and those barbarians prefer to harvest the body parts of albinos while they're still alive because they think it increases the potency.

Thank you both of you. This seems like a reasonable explanation for the trend of the red eyed ones. It's quite saddening that such butchery still takes place. On the plus side I understand these character's hatred a lot better.

Provide one (1) more example.

I hate liking HxH as much as I do, because it's so hard to recommend it to people.
How do you guys talk about it to people who don't know it without scaring them off with the idea of having to sit through ~20 episodes before things get good?

There is no deal and there is no theme. Kishimoto copied Togashi. Same thing with the Chunin exam. That's all there is to it.

They are both analytical loners that always come up with a plan.

He was asking for another example of this character archetype, dumbass. Not another example of how Kurapika and Sasuke are similar.

provide another example of a red eye clan, you dumb nigger.

Name another because Kishimoto was influenced by Togashi

I show them a clip of a cool scene from later on in the series that doesn't spoil much.

Ishvalans from Full metal Alchemist

I don't talk to people. But if I were to recommend it to anyone they would have to at least be familiar with shounen shit already, since the subversion doesn't mean much if you don't know the original tropes. And if they know shounen shit they should already know that it can be a commitment. I'd tell them that it's got really likable characters, it's challenges your expectations, and it gets really dark later in the story. But don't try to introduce people to anime with hxh, and don't recommend it to somebody who has only seen entry level shit.

The girls from Elfen Lied

Shiki

Pathetic. Weak. Insignificant. (You).

Most of my friends all watch exclusively entry level shit. Mainly because I'm pretty much the only one in my friendship circle (bar this one other guy - but he's a complete weeb) that watches anime. They literally don't watch it, the most that some of them have seen is like parts of Naruto, One Piece and Bleach. That's the level I'm talking about here.

Anyway, I recommended HxH pretty soon after having watched it and they all loved it. So much so that we all went to Japan and had a week long "Hunter-themed holiday". Sounds gay as aids, and in a way it definitely was, but was also great fun being with 8 of my friends in Tokyo just doing weeb hunter shit. There was only 2 girls in our group as well kek.

Anyway my point is that you should shut the fuck up. Because you don't need to be full on beta orbiting okaku to enjoy Hunter x Hunter. It's perfectly fine to rec to pretty much anyone, since it itself is rather entry level. It's just that it subverts a lot of tropes and that's why people who are tired of your usual shounen shit tend to like it more.

Tokyo ghouls.

Hellsing Ultimate

Kuroko No Basuke

Human Latinos are blue eyed

If I recall correctly Kishimoto was one of Togashi's assistants before publishing Naruto, so he drew "inspiration" from HxH.

Source- Your ass

Kishi was never an assistant boi

I recommend the manga tbqh. I've never seen either anime but they both seem to drag things out horribly.

The only part where 2011 "dragged" was Chimera Ant. 99 was dragged as fuck though.

Don't insult me.

It's a shame because, constant hiatuses aside, I think Chimera Ants is the best arc. To be fair on the animators it was 132 chapters long when the longest arc before that point was Greed Island at only 70 something so it was gonna be long regardless, but I've heard some shit about the palace assault in the anime.

Yeah palace assult is rough at first. Never bothered me though because I watched the series after it aired and could just binge it.

Kurapika was probably not based off that. Just the standard revenge story and human organ trafficking.

You forgot the whole "can copy/learn shit real fast"

wrong series

Narutard and HxH?

Kurapika was inspired by those creatures in Nausicaa.

Crimson demons from Konosuba.

kurta clan doesn't have sharingan

He gets emperor time though which lets him learn/use techniques that he should not normally get to use.

Is this reddit? or gaia perhaps?
Either way kill yourselves

Basilisk

bit of a stretch, and probably unique to kurapika but fair enough

Killua is cute!

Kishimoto literally took Hiei and Kurama and combined them into Sasuke.

Hell Naruto even has the same VA as 90s Gon.

>Same thing with the Chunin exam.
Unlike the red eyes thing, "survival exam arcs" are definitely a fad in battle shounen, though I believe we can still credit Togashi for setting the trend.

>Naruto even has the same VA as 90s Gon.
Takeuchi Junko is just a very solid casting choice for boyish characters, especially if they're on the hot blooded and dumb/single-minded side. Inazuma Eleven's Endou is another major role. She even gets original drama CDs.

I just want HxH to come back. Please feel better Togashi.

Kishimoto had probably been reading HunterXHunter at the time so he drafted some character archetypes and narrative tools from it. There are also some similarities between Orochimaru and Hisoka, the Ryodan and Akatsuki, the Hunter Exam and the Chunin Exam, etc.

>99 was dragged as fuck though
You sure about that?

Kurapika is so sexy.

ishbalans

>latino
what