youtube.com/watch?v=2g8Vmw8ISg8?t=2m42s
youtube.com/watch?v=1t9-ypv6fA4
youtube.com/watch?v=pE3IGW0TyhE
youtube.com/watch?v=gF7eXpn2-MM
youtube.com/watch?v=gLLl9VIeYvA
youtube.com/watch?v=n25sTLBMFXI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

KIMI YO HASHIRE

only the start to be honest, i feel like alot of older anime openings only the very start of it is noteworthy. Zeta gundam's first opening is fucking great though even if the mixing is pretty ass
youtube.com/watch?v=lQrDASSYKmw

It certainly is.

Mada ikari ni moeru toshi ga aru nara...

Kyoudai na teki wo!
Muteio! Muteio! Muteio!

Of couse is catchy, shit was made to sell toys, they needed a catchy tune

There is something terribly wrong with those hands.

Tomino's songwriting doesn't really shine with stuff like "strike them down with your righteous fury, Gundam!"

Seigi no ikari wo butsukero GANDAMU

Of course, it's just a prototype

機動戦士ガンダムー、ガンダム!

Name any more honest and sincere girl than Lalah

we meet again white mobile suit

She was too pure for this world

Still the only mecha anime worth watching

ANIME JA NAI

But Ideon and Zeta and better.

VOTOMS and Dougram say hi

>Zeta and better.
eh
I politely disagree.

But that's not anime janai.

MY NIGGA
youtube.com/watch?v=0TF36ZxBjqI

H A M A N K A R N
A
M
A
N

K
A
R
N

tfw Bright is the real main character

This guy gets it.

In fairness, I love all of Tomino's OPs and EDs

I love how he's always around the mainstray UC series.

Was mad he didn't make a cameo in Victory

Well he would be at least 90 in the Victory era.

I wonder if he'll appear in the inevitable Twilight Axis adaptation.

He could have been with the old men who built the Victory

Bitch with power lust.

She just wanted what every true spacenoid wanted, and that was independence.

my favourite macross song

Lalah's not even the best girl in her respective series much less the entirety of Gundam.

That's why she's the best.

Is it wrong that I want to do lewd things with Fraw Bow?

Fuck off Hayato, you fat cuck.

she picked that hambeast manlet and still only takes care of the orphans instead of putting out

tfw Hayato teaches u how to pilot and u end up dead

youtube.com/watch?v=3ogJDVcmBCM

Lala is just a dirty whore Char picked up.

I still can't get over the way he died.'
How can someone be that stupid to die like that.
Still not as stupid Emma's death was

Muh Spacenoid brother

Reminder that Sarah is the worst character not only in that series but the entirety of UC Gundam. At least Reccoa has a somewhat decent reason for acting like she does (shit life, just wanted to be treated like a woman, rejected by the person she loved, generally made to feel worthless, manipulated by a guy who just wanted to use her against his enemies). Sarah's just a shit even as a ghost.

Reccoa has no excuse, literally willing to fucking gas a colony so that she can get a dicking from Paptimus, but you're right Sarah a shit.

zeta gundam's death really are a low point of the franchise. I seriously dont understand how they could get a pass they were awful only being one upped in terribleness by the deaths in ZZ.

>GENDAM IKIMASU

Reccoa's reasoning was that if she wasn't getting Char cock she might as well go for Shirocco cock.

Sarah at least was picked up like a puppy by Paptimus and it wasn't her fault Katz ended up being such a bitch, Kamille wasn't taking any of her shit he just beat the shit out of her every time he met her

By that point she was completely broken. She didn't even want a dicking from Scirocco and when he tried his Newtype mojo shit on her she basically told him to fuck off.

Reccoa spent most of her life going back to the OYW as a rebel and soldier who increasingly just wanted to be treated as a normal woman. Didn't happen though because the guy she loved was Char the Autist and increasingly her sense of self as a person is eroded until she defects. At that point, she no longer thinks of herself as a person, simply as a tool to be used by the men around her for their own desires and ambitions and doesn't see herself as in control of her actions. The colony gassing, she spends the entire lead up to it practically begging for the AEUG to come and stop her since again she's not a person and thus can no longer make her own decisions. Out of all the broken, wrecked people in Zeta she's arguably the worst of all and that makes her one of the more tragic characters. She's what happens when a smile is not protected.

>zeta better

Yeah nope.

Samefag but that's not saying Reccoa was some innocent, good person by the end. Just that IMO she's a good character and one of the better examples of how thoroughly war can ruin someone without going to the cartoonish degrees of either villainous behavior (Katejina from Victory) or forced pathos (Marida from Unicorn). War is all she really knew and it ruined her.

Now if you want actual Best Girl, that's pic related.

Still doesn't give her an excuse though tons of people went through some shit during the OYW.

One of the few ops I watched every single time, its so classic and theme songy

That I can agree with, she loved and protected her husbando untill the very end.
Not even Scirocco's magic space charisma could bend her love for Jerid.

How did it go from such a shitty quality series as 0079, to an animation masterpiece that is Zeta in only 4 years.

Money

I know NEXT TO NOTHING about Gundam. I never watched the first series and maybe only saw a glimpse or two of the other ones on toonami with my older brother.

Now I know there's a ton of story and history, but with just a short description, what is the show about?

Mouar is my UC waifu

I actually prefer 0079 over Zeta. Not in the art or animation department of course but I like the story and characters more. None of the Zeta deaths got to me anywhere near as much as Miharu's for instance.

>what is the show about?
Everybody always does whatever he wants.

Giant robots fighting each others.

Its about autism u dont wanna watch it

ZETA GUNDAM IS THE BEST ANIME EVER MADE

youtube.com/watch?v=TpXMKTzCr9c

War between humanity's government on Earth and a separatist faction in the space colonies leads to a group of civilians and military newbies being drafted into said war when an attack on a space colony to destroy the Earth Federation's super weapon leaves them in control of a new military ship and the son of the super weapon's developer piloting it. They journey around the Earth trying to get to Federation HQ and from there head back to space on the front lines of the final push of the War. Along the way, the crew gets embroiled in the emerging concept of Newtypes: people born and raised in space whose environment has led to the development of latent psychic powers, the tragedy being that they're supposed to be the evolution of humanity and universal understanding conscripted into being tools of war.

I almost puked. What the fuck is this?

IT'S SHIT!
youtube.com/watch?v=v_kFgOWyez0

tfw

Retarded Japanese music rights were a blessing in Zeta's case since we got the far superior OP/ED combo thanks to it.

youtube.com/watch?v=vVp_jCwhFB0
youtube.com/watch?v=jSeKsOgjwKY

What

Cunning deceptions.

They play in the show man, just got two songs less overall.

wasn't zeta the fist anime to have an orchestra help with the soundtrack?

I'm aware of that. It's still better than the shitty happy Jpop OPs/EDs though. I generally like '80s mecha OPs and EDs but Zeta's are pretty shit and nothing's lost from their being left out. It's not like some other '80s mech series like L-Gaim or even other Gundam series like 0080.

08th MS Team is another series where taking out the shitty, generic Jpop OP doesn't really affect anything.

Bright trained really hard all these years. He doesn't even need a wind up for a slap.

The best moment in the entire gundam series

She wanted power for herself, not independence

first zeta op is literally 80s prog rock

listen to the whole thing retard
youtube.com/watch?v=2g8Vmw8ISg8?t=2m42s

Since Origin IV - no, she's not a whore anymore

TV maybe.

Nice girl. But she wasn't as nice as Lalah or Loni

>prog rock
More like pop rock desu.
80s Prog would sound a bit pop-like, but not as like as Zeta OP sounds.
I would kill for anime with ELO or Asia soundtrack. And yes, I've seen Daicon videos

>HOWAITO DEBIRU!

Out of the 3 original series, I only really liked ZZ, but in retrospect 0079 and Zeta were pretty damn good, at least compared to other mecha anime at the time.

exquisite taste

I am going through ZZ at the moment and I am really liking it more than Zeta.

>tfw ZZ is finally getting the respect it deserves

I'm surprised how well this summarizes 0079 without spoiling all the good moments.

Don't forget the parallels with the 'murrigan civil war and the WW2 Pacific theater.

Maybe you should give some thought and drop Gundam altogether.

>compared to other mecha anime at the time.
Dougram and VOTOMS came out before Zeta.

youtube.com/watch?v=1t9-ypv6fA4

Except that's wrong, friend
They want sin(theta) which is 1/sqrt(122).

POO

The Zeek girl in Thunderbolt was almost perfect. Lalah's a cunt though.

This OP is incredibly catchy. Loved the fuck out of the ED as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=pE3IGW0TyhE

youtube.com/watch?v=gF7eXpn2-MM

This ending deserves a far better series
youtube.com/watch?v=gLLl9VIeYvA

What is wrong with AGE I am going through the series in release order and I have heard a lot of people hate on it.
The concept of going through 3 generations of gundam pilots seems pretty cool to me.
Also I heard that IBO is worse than it, but I like IBO so will my taste be shit enough to enjoy age?

>The concept of going through 3 generations of gundam pilots seems pretty cool to me.
It was but they fucked it up hard, especially when they got the third generation. Kio is an insufferable bastard with his UNDERSTANDING. At least Banagher's UNDERSTANDING was bearable, but god I hate Kio.

I guess I'll prepare myself for when I eventually get there.

You can ignore IBO's shitposting to be honest its a really vocal minority you really only see here, its not without its mostly valid criticsms but its a pretty popular entry all things considered.

Age on the other hand is actually a fucking mess, i adore the concept like many but the execution is nothing short of rushed and underdeveloped. I wouldnt say its the worst entry cause it never felt offensively bad like some other low points in the franchise but it doesnt succeed at pretty much anything with its few victories being short lived. Id say it was just an alright show had the 3rd protagonist not been the most unlikable little goofy two shoes. He is every wrong way to do a pacifist character, id say the only gundam protags worse than him are kou and bellri but really not by much hes fucking awful.

Animation is at least nice, there was some genuine passion behind the project but there wasnt the talent to pull it off.

youtube.com/watch?v=n25sTLBMFXI

Best OP coming through.

Bellri is so much better than Kio, like Bellri was a sociopath but at least he was entertaining because of it, which is more than you can ever say about kio.

Bellri would be a perfectly adjusted dixie IRL.