Why are there no anime series about cute robocop girls busting crimes while doing cute things?

Why are there no anime series about cute robocop girls busting crimes while doing cute things?

To me it sounds like a concept that would rake in trillions of yen and generate tons of merch and a lasting, dedicated fandom in the late 80s

no robocops there

only power armor mercenaries

Robocop was good because satire and pessimistic humor... I don't think that translates well to moe shit. Even fucking claps dropped the ball remaking Robocop

Shitty Judge Dredd ripoff.

just think of Dominion Conflict: plenty of cute girls, AND some comedic social commentary. It works together pretty well

That's all I want in life
They just need to be gay for each other and that's a bingo

Gaiety isn't the answer to everything.

Only one girl will be gay.
Her inability to get laid with her female coworkers and the discomfort that ensues will be a major source of comedy throughout the show.

Quick! come up with backstories and characterizations for each robocop girl!

please discuss this topic

Okay.

Nene
Rally (the lesbian)
Kanuka

That doesn't sound very original.

Sounds pretty efficient, but you need a fourth one.

But who?

so far we got a smart but cowardly ditz, a hot-blooded bumbling lesbian, and a cool & collected operator. We're still lacking the loose cannon genki tomboy element

Oh, the Major! Of course.

Robots can't be lesbians.

Japan doesn't have much violent crime, so there's no real advantage to robocops over regular cops there. You could set it in not!America but I doubt that'll increase it's popularity in Japan.

there's clearly three in this pic

cute robocop girls:
>busting crimes
>doing cute things

Pick one, you can't have both

>You could set it in not!America
Of course, where else?

Wrong, nerdo!

What if they're actually just a PR thing and don't tackle any crime?

>Tfw the author just paints oily hoes these days.

Still, those 80s/90s style OVAs are a tough sell now.

Seriously hoping bd buying otakucks die of loneliness or something so the target demographic shifts.

Good point. Maybe something alt history might work as a setting like the kerberos saga.

Considering this would be set in the future, that leaves a lot of possibilities open.

>bd buying otakucks
BD buying otakucks were exactly what supported 80s/90s OVAs (well, technically they bought VHS but same idea) - these were hardly "mainstream". You don't want them to die, you want them to change their taste.

>don't tackle any crime?
It's the future of the 80s, there's plenty of crime to tackle!
And handsome juves to arrest!

>not!America cops
>caring about PR

Assuming it was still set in Japan, I mean. They could help kids cross the street, go to events, dinners. Compelling stuff. Tap into the slice of life genre.

>Doing cute things

What? Unless you consider cute to blow up buildings, then NO

Normally they wouldn't but now they're mostly financed by private companies.

And private companies care about PR. Haven't you watched Robocop?

It all depends on how you blow up the building.

Ok then who are the bad guys?

But they wouldn't fit in a party dress! The silk would get caught up in their joints and articulations!

Their onee-chans.

Instant comedy. This practically writes itself.

And champagne would mess with their circuitry.

Imagine how embarrassing it would be if one of them had her sensors incapacitated and didn't notice the back of her dress rip open and expose her armored butt to everyone in the room!

>built in siren lights
i want to dicso in robutt

That might end up on the front page of the newspaper.

Rallybot and Majorbot would probably just wear their dress uniforms, so they'd have an easier time.

Unless they were forced to wear something more feminine and had to act all ladylike in front of the higher-ups and company shareholders who paid for their 3 million dollar butts.

That is, if they comply. It wouldn't be the first time command would reprimand their behavior.

A mischievous young merc with a cocky attitude and a smile to die for.

A mysterious bishounen crimelord with a harem of reprogrammed military robogirls.

A female cyberterrorist who never takes off her windshield mirrorshades and vowed to bring down the megacorps.

The CEO of a cybernetics corporation that's trying to turn the police force into his private army.

Three petty criminals in gimp suits trying to conquer the prefecture on their own.

>Three petty criminals in gimp suits trying to conquer the prefecture on their own.
Perfect.

One of them needs to be copper-skinned with blonde hair

Do robogirl cops wear underwear?

Serious replies only.

It's built into their frame.

>the stripes are vent slits or hazard lines

Do not fist.

Like A.R.I.E.L. ?