Tanaka-kun Is Always Listless

I don't usually watch iyashikei, but I'll be damned if this wasn't the most relaxing show of 2016. I really liked the end where Tanaka realizes just how much he loves and appreciates his friends, it was very heartwarming.
Also, Miyano is best girl.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tQnn2p8gKj4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This looks like it might be good
Pretty much on the virtue that it's a boy and not another girl.

Why would it matter if it was a girl?

Because they're a dozens of "girl in school and she goes to an all girls school and all her friends are girls and they have cute moments"
Just the fact that he's a boy means it will play out differently, and on top of that when someone takes the time to do something differently, it means they're generally good at writing anyway so it'll be well written.

Presumably, of course. It could be shit.

Sounds like you have rather specific tastes, but it is a good show.

It's got a thoroughly loveable cast of characters both male and female

I thought Echizen was tall as fuck. How come she's so small?

miyano is so cute

it's nice to see them talk about stuff like this at least

That doesn't look like it's accurate to their actual heights. You can see Echizen's proportions look smaller compared to the others.

> most relaxing show of 2016

I'd agree, based on what I saw. It's pure lighthearted fun. That said, it does follow a lot of standard tropes for high school comedy shows, and I'd probably pick something else for iyashikei-of-the-year.

yeah and miyano is like half ecchan's height. Not just a head shorter.

To much yaoi in it.

It the best anime of 2016.

youtube.com/watch?v=tQnn2p8gKj4

This show was so relaxing i felt like I wasn't even watching it at times.

(spoiler)He shares some of my exact opinions(/spoiler)

Best boys of the year.

>(spoiler)He shares some of my exact opinions(/spoiler)
Fuck

Manga chapters have been cmfy too.

>iyashikei
Everything is iyashikei these days according to you faggots. Goddamn, I wonder what term becomes a buzzword next.

Latest scanlated chapter was too cute

>ponytail
cute

Except he already fell in love with Ohta. That's the only person he puts forth any effort for at all.

End

>Iyashikei (癒し系) is Japanese for "healing", a term used for anime and manga created with the specific purpose of having a healing or soothing effect on the audience.
How is Tanaka-kun not an iyashikei?

The problem with that is that when you finally do finally meet a girl who makes you want to put in the effort, you have no idea what to do and she marries an amateur MMA fighter.

lol what is Hyouka lite?

Hyouka wishes it were this good. It's more like Tanaka Edge.

>ponytail
She honestly looks like Popula from working!!!.

The main characters are superficially similar but Tanaka-kun is pure SoL.

Who is guy who confessed to Rino?

I'm suspecting he's yurifag

This not to scale image is bothering the shit out of me.

I'm glad this shit has been mostly forgotten (after merely 6 months). Flying Witch did iyashikei a lot better this year.

Imoutos didn't get enough screen time

What a ininspired shitposting

As if FW isn't mostly forgotten as well.

>inispired
Sorry I didn't like your favorite show about a 15yo admitting 10 times per episode he is listless, lazy and apathetic while a troupe of sycophants enables his anemia.

Nobody asked you to express your dislike of the show while "casually" bringing up another show to attempt fanbase war, user.

HHHNNNNGGGGGG

Iyashikei is mostly about the tone set by the characters, the visuals and the music. FW was more consistent in these regards while carrying an interesting and light-hearted plot without hammering you with the 'this is comfy relaxing SoL, even the MC admits it (time after time)' notion.
>to attempt fanbase war
Not my intention but OP literally said Tanaka-kun was the most relaxing show of 2016. He probably hasn't watched FW or Natsume.

>last panel
echizen a dork

Sounds like your problem is simply because you don't like the main character, which I do.
>the tone set by the characters, the visuals and the music.
The show did all this perfectly great. It's mostly episodic with no solid plot but so was FW.

It's just a straight-forward comedy.Just because it's slow-paced and cute doesn't make it "iyashikei".

Thanks for dumping friend.

Tanaka is Oreki if he were actually a half-decent character and likable.

Agreed, OP. Too bad GJM won't be releasing the rest of the bluray volumes with the specials for some time.

I watched the first episode of this but felt like I'd never really properly enjoy it. At the same time I feel a little guilty that if it was a girl as the main character I would have tried a little harder, probably

Watched the first episode, it was extremely boring. The main character is a self-centered asshole, extremely unlikable. The OP says he realizes that he's an asshole at the end of the show so it looks like there's that at least.

This thread needs more Saya.

Something about Flying Witch just didn't grab me. Probably the characters, they were way less bombastic and nuts than most Slice of life characters, which is good, but gets boring when they talk about whatever for like 15 minutes. It's refreshing having more normal characters, but then they just get boring to watch them interact.

At least your honest. I'd probably feel the same way if I didn't like the show as much as I did right off the bat.

You're alright.

Reminder that Miyano has a younger brother who is after Rino.

He's always self-awared that he's a dick, but changing his way is too troublesome so he just went with it.
And it's not like the people around mind him much.

But user, the main character is a girl. She's right there, top-center in the OP pic.

Tanaka, Ohta, and Miyano all have an opposite sex younger sibling.
Does that mean we're getting Echizen and Shiraishi's younger brothers soon?