Precure Thread

Handle this situation like the mature adult you are

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V18ui3Rtjz4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Mirai is the cutest girl in the whole world!

Y-You too.

KiraKira has more pre-airing fanart than HaCha, GoPri and Maho. Can't remember how it was for Doki, though.

Who should voice these 2?

Hikasa and Nakamura

>Nakamura

Wait, what

I only do it using Moruga's fanarts of this lovely cat. I swear.

will we get Beat and Macaron double kitty art now?

Lovely cat user you're alive!

Plug and play Precure

lewd.

The middle one is a too short to be a cat toy.

25 days until Maho ends.

I'll miss it when it's gone. Maho's far from perfect, but it's really endeared itself to me over the past year.

Fuck off.

cure belly kawaii

what's a good starter precure?

fresh

The one you find the girls hotter

Futari wa or Yes 5

Bulbasaur

Aikatsu

Heartcatch

Gaim

Suite

How is this torture? One guy gets this while another gets fucked in the ass with a strap-on.

>HIkasa
Her last roles she vocied sluts

Choose a fire type like Rouge or Scarlet, they have better type advantage mid game. Grass types are okay if you want wall, but I recommend this set

Cure Flora@Rose Key (Rose forme)
Impish (252 SpDef, 252HP, 4 Def)
-Floral Barrier
-Rose Tourbillon
-Cure Kick
-Suteki Strike

And water types suck

This should be the only OP image

Don't give me that face, Eren. You are too old for my dick.

EV training in episode 1, pretty intense. I just caught a shiny Cure Heart.

Let's hope that somebody will be smart enough to actually use it for the OP next time.

Want to trade it for my shiny Luminous? She's lvl 80 and knows Splash.

>not equipping Heartiels to unlock her true forme

Maybe it's a good idea to watch one of the latest Precure All Stars movies to see which girls you like best? You only get a brief glimpse of some though as there are a lot now.

Pick the girl you think is the cutest and watch the show she is in. Simple.

Inb4 Echo

Someone should really get an image with just the pinks.

Considering the OPs we've been getting lately, that might be a lot to ask.

Captain fanart here to save the day. Not all of them, but good enough. I thought that I had a better image saved. Hmm.

I'd settle with one where they're actually done in their own art style.

Anyone else have a thing for competent/capable/outright Sueish genki girls?

I hate it when the super social happy girls are depicted as unreliable or downright useless.
It's why Nozomi was so awesome, even if she's a little stupid. Everybody could tell she was the MVP and she doesn't give up besides that awesome deep Dream voice.
Everybody's favourite Sue too. (didn't like Ace)
Hajime from Gatchaman Crowds is awesome too. (If you think Mana has a positive attitude, you ain't seen nothing yet)

No. Having no flaws is simply boring and uninteresting.

Where do you think you are?

That only leaves out the sueish ones.

Do you also dislike it if they're just competent or capable?
Didn't say they all have to be like Mana.

My only safehaven.

Nozomi's was downright retarded as a civ. She was literally the Sailor Moon archetype.

She was only a little slow, but she's charismatic and really good at a few things.

Airheaded, but by the end not so much a retard.
And good at the things she does.

Megumi is also lovely.

She was unathletic, slow and the worst academically despite having a jock like Rin and a bus idol like Urara on the team. Literally Usagi.

That's called stockholm syndrome.

So where's the problem?

I want to break a pretty cure's hymen.

It's less about being objectively good at things and more about the nature of their struggle, but even that's just a writing choice.

Do you want your MC to struggle and overcome? Because usually that struggle stems from a lack or weakness that they have to change in order to win (tragic heroes don't succeed and that fault becomes their downfall). That was the struggle for Tsubomi, but it will often flop if your character isn't textured and more complicated than just their one ambition. If they don't have actual personality traits, they become entirely defined by their struggle and usually need a heavy rewrite to exist outside of it.

Is your MC a shining example of the triumph of ___? Hajime certainly was, Nozomi was, and Mana was probably intended to be. They're idealized, almost avatar-like representations of optimism, hope, generosity (or whatever) that win the day largely by just being themselves. You have to commit to this idea, and though they're allowed to struggle, you can't have the core value itself fail too hard or the backbone of the story gets flimsy. It also muddies things if your character doesn't properly represent that core 99% of the time, say because they have more obvious or overpowering character traits (like Mana's utter confidence). Whether they can do no wrong (like Mana) or do pretty much everything wrong (like Nozomi), there's always the unifying idea that "[character] will always see us through because she'll always be [adjective]".

Then there are oddballs like Haruka that fit firmly in the middle. But that just goes to show you it's not black and white, it's more of a scale.

If only.

This will be a yuri season i am so hyped hetnigger degenerates will cry blood tears.

>but it will often flop if your character isn't textured and more complicated than just their one ambition
I think you meant to say or instead of and.
Or it's my weak comprehension but it almost seems you're trying to say a more complicated character is a recipe for failure.

Nice meme

t. hanks

>Mana was probably intended to be
Triumph of benevolence.
Also hard work, but that was less clear in the anime.

But mostly just beign Mana

>Triumph of benevolence
That's definitely what ManaxRegina was about (and arguably what Precure is always all about), but the show worked hard to introduce her as a girl that feels an overwhelming need to sacrifice herself in order to help others. And then they fumbled that idea around for the rest of the year.

Not that it always has to be that way. Hibiki was never the paragon of harmony (Hummy was) and that didn't mess with Suite because they never made her out to be.

>Also hard work, but that was less clear in the anime.
I'd buy persistence, Mana was definitely that, but not hard work. And where would it be clearer? Manga? Staff interviews? Headcanon?

Manga, when Mana was training on her own.
But persistence is probably a better word for it.

>hard to introduce her as a girl that feels an overwhelming need to sacrifice herself
Isn't that benevolence too?

Helping everybody, even if she doesn't have to.

Though thinking again, the training on her own was just Mana wanting to fix everything on her own.
Which goes back to you saying "feels an overwhelming need to sacrifice herself in order to help others".
Just like when she decided to battle Bell on her own.

A never ending persistent need to help other even at the expense of her own and unwilling to ask for help if she thinks it could bother others.

I want a pink that's as great as Hummy. Sweet, completely dedicated to her goal, loyal, always benevolent and trusting (even if it gets her in trouble several times), and very rarely angry. The problem is I don't know if it could translate to a main character very well without it getting annoying or boring.

Momona from Lady Jewelpet maybe.

Otherwise Ruby, always Ruby.

the heart no shirushi cure dimond

Jojo reference?

>Jojo
Jojo reference?

Kanon-sama is the best little girl anime protagonist in decades, anyway.

Why is "she is dumb/slow/bad at school" the stock magical girl lead "character flaw"? Hell, most Precure leads have it.

Mana has only one flaw: not having a fla..

>A never ending persistent need to help other even at the expense of her own and unwilling to ask for help if she thinks it could bother others.
there are people right now who would call it selfish.

It is pretty selfish. Some people don't need or want her help, and it shows that Mana doesn't trust anybody but herself to solve problems.

"My ideal team? Five of me"
-Aida "Cure Heart" Mana

She's bad at singing in her civ form, although I'm sure she is doing that deliberately.

"There are four too many teammates in my ideal team."
-Aida "Cure Heart" Mana

Nah, she can't contain power of her voice. She wants to sing with dragons while being surrounded by mere humans.

Easier for little girls to immerse with.

Damn right she is.

> and it shows that Mana doesn't trust anybody but herself to solve problems
The others couldn't even purify later jikoochus with their finisher.

She can run a 999 story faster than Michael Johnson finished the 400 meter.
She'd beat Justin Gatlin in a 60 meter dash, Usain bolt in the 100.
The only selfish people are those who think they can be of help to Mana.

By definition selfishness is when you increase your own welfare at expense of others. What's the welfare and what's the expense in this case?

Could Mana beat Secretariat over 12 furlongs?
youtube.com/watch?v=V18ui3Rtjz4

One viewpoint is that no person is truly altruistic, as they do it for the feeling of satisfaction they get from helping others, not solely out of concern for them. Even if helping others hurts you in some way, some people feel vindicated by their own pain.

In terms of the expense to others, it takes away their feelings of autonomy and self-worth, and promotes learned helplessness. If someone else always solves your problems or shows up when you need them, then you yourself will never learn and mature from mistakes and hardships.

Psychologically of course. You can get virtual reward by helping other people while giving them a virtual punishment. But that's just something in their heads.
What really matters is what is measurable. She clearly gives out lots of energy in order to prevent conflicts, seek and return lost things, run school presidency etc..

I'll be honest guys, this is literally the only design I can say I like in Maho.

I agree.

You don't want to hear what I honestly think about your opinion.

>Isn't that benevolence too?
Benevolence is a bit more vague, a kind of kindness, wanting good for everyone, being well-meaning, without any implication about how you go about doing it. It's rooted in what your intentions are towards others and doesn't speak to what your intentions are towards yourself.

What I was getting at is that I think Mana was intended to be the kind of girl who isn't just benevolent, but constantly puts herself last in her pursuit of doing good for others in direct opposition to selfishness. They did a lot of this in the first two episodes, but after that it dropped off sharply. I'd say part of it morphed into that "I'll do it!" attitude you mentioned, but it's not really self-sacrifice if you don't actually lose anything and Mana showed over and over that she doesn't actually need to sacrifice herself, she just does everything.

She's also so "selfless" she helps people even when sick and bedridden.

Because pic related started it. She's also one of the very few to pull it off right.

Will Kira Kira Girls Precure have a budget?