How do you manage to hold your tongue when listening to normies try to talk about politics?

How do you manage to hold your tongue when listening to normies try to talk about politics?

This weekend I've sat at two family dinners and if i tried to correct every retarded, blatantly untrue, propaganda driven thing that was said over the table by each person I'd have never been able to finish supper. I just sat there not even wanting to bother because I know how averse people would be to being told their wrong, especially when they're all circlejerk agreeing with eachother thinking they're smart talking about politics.

I understand that not everyone spends their spare time closely following world events and mostly get their worldviews from snippets of newscasts they hear on CBC radio on the way to work, but holy fucking shit, it's like I'm stepping into bizarro world when I have to listen to normies talking about this shit. It's like they don't even care about if what they say is right or wrong, they only want to spout what they've heard on latenight comedy shows and facebook memes so they can laugh together and get those sweet social points.

My uncle literally said, "I just don't know how black people voted for Trump!" and everyone then nodded in agreement. I just wanted to ask, "Can you quote to me one single thing Trump has ever said about black people?" and watch him try to sputter out some bullshit. I wish I was autistic enough to call people out at social gatherings. Didn't it used to be impolite to talk about politics over dinner? What ever happened to that? I KNOW that if I ever challenged them on their views suddenly it would be, "WELL I don't feel like arguing this!" Well fuck, bitch, you're the one who wanted to talk about it in the first place.

Christ.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/gallery/aFKst
imgur.com/gallery/GmhQk
renegadetribune.com/
newsweek.com/trachilos-footprint-crete-human-evolution-million-658287
ancient-origins.net/unexplained-phenomena/do-ica-stones-prove-mankind-coexisted-dinosaurs-advanced-technology-098989
telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/05/incredible-graveyard-5000-year-old-giants-found-china/
ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/giant-7-8-foot-skeletons-uncovered-ecuador-sent-scientific-testing-004119
humansarefree.com/2017/09/fossilised-giant-footprints-discovered.html
youtube.com/channel/UCjAFO7xz5UotUfIzvd_xXDA/videos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I typically get anxiety attacks in situations like that

wow its almost like people are just stupid in general and want to virtue signal for free social points, even though they don't have any idea what theyre talking about for the most part.

Depends on if you're outnumbered or not. If it's just one person running their mouth, it wouldn't be autistic to wreck them. If the whole family is circle jerking, just let it go.

If it's anything other than family, it depends on how much you care about the people circle jerking.

normie != liberal

Normies voted Trump into office. Don't let their media dominance gaslight you into thinking you're alone. Even in Canada

You lead them by asking them questions in a way that suggests approval for the correct answer (the one you want) and disapproval for the wrong answer. Set the whole course of the way they think if you do it well.
Sunday lunch, tomorrow, try it.

Today even. I'm going to bed. Shit.

When it comes to family gatherings Politics never really comes up for me. Sometimes it'll just be "did you hear about X?" and then move on... usually I find it better to put it to the side and leave it for another day, you need to get people one on one to redpill them ;)

When I was alt right I didn't. It was a thrill to offend them. It felt very liberating and edgy. Like you can't tell me not to say this.

I've never had this problem. My father was based as fuck but I never found out until I was a teenager.
Now we talk shit about the niggers and kikes like it's nothing.

I get called "modern day Hitler" at the dinner table whenever I tell people they're wrong about X. Oh well, I only see my family members 3-4 times a year so it's not that bad

Just be discreet anom, discretion its the diference betwen a rookie persuader from a pro persuader, embrace the jew.

>i'm so smart at politics i get my opinions from Sup Forums infographs!

Trying to correct them or carry on a conversation will just make them cling more tightly to their delusions. As every single hope and dream of impeachment turns to shit on them, I wonder what will happen. How long can they all keep this up? It's just sad really.

Let goyim be goyim. Jews invented a word for the blind gentile masses for a reason.

Bring up the tough cases like Kate Steinle and see if you can find some common ground. Just don’t expect to redpill them over dinner. And stay far away from Trump.

Triggered much? Find a safe space, snowflake. Try the US, if you’re so alpha and want to take Trump’s heat. Honestly: leaf flag but Larping like a burger. If I was you’re good Canuck family I’d be embarrassed too...

Good night, Bong. Sweet dreams.

these people are hopeless. let them go. we won't win with numbers.

It’s not so much they are wrong. It is that they are embedded in it. To even attempt to get through to them would give Socrates himself a run for his money.
They have this contradictory yet neatly put together worldview tied down by materialism and natural rights. Which are both contradictory.
If you can attack their materialism as well as their concept of natural rights, it doesn’t matter what political issue you discuss.

I don't.
If cunts start spewing bullshit like that I usually just use my opener of "he may be a bad politician. But what's worse is that he was the best choice Americans could make." before continuing with asking them what they dislike about him, which is usually elementary school tier shit.

Don't argue, don't express an opinion. Simply state facts when people clearly don't know what they are talking about

I changed a lot of my families opinions on many things by being about to state actual law and policy and data from the result of them being passed (ie gun bans). You change people's minds by presenting facts and letting them form their opinion from that, not by pushing your view on them.

Protip: don't do it in a disagreeable or argumentative manner, but in a informative way, like you're simply giving more info on the topic being discussed.

Normies cant understand real politics there is no point at all talking about with them.
Anyway liberals are fucking chimps if you trigger them in one conversation theyll wait weeks or months and then attempt to cowardly glass you or something when you are not expecting it.

The trick is not explicitly mentioning trump. Try to turn their own racism and bigotry against them. You should have asked them why black people should have voted for Hillary.

It's in their genes?

The Leaf is immunized against all dangers: one may call him a scoundrel, parasite, swindler, profiteer, it all runs off him like water off a raincoat. But call him a Leaf and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back: "'I've been found out.'

Well, I had just finished Culture of Critique and then something about the Holohoax and I was about to explode anyway. Then my son the cad, visits and brings his soon to be ex-finance and her parents over for dinner. I knew he was about to dump her. I' m pondering the wreckage of his life, my daughter's, the difficulties of my other two sons and something prospective in-laws say sets me off on a rant about THE JEWS. At least when they broke up a couple of weeks later , they could comfort themselves that they after all dodged a bullet. Since then I stick to food, gardening, weather. Children as a topic of conversation can be chancy because they are adults and the culture has screwed their lives more than they will ever know, and it makes me sad.

I usually indentify as "conservative" and shit on the left. But I make it clear that the Conservative Party doesn't represent me.

I do say they're better with money though.

i'm not entirely confident that i know what i'm talking about. i follow politics and watch debates and discussions, but it's almost too much information to take in, i have a generalized worldview based on the information i render daily, not very suitable for thorough discussion or heated debate.

>My uncle literally said, "I just don't know how black people voted for Trump!"
"Oh yeah haha which of his tweets about black people has surprised you the most?"

This, I think if I'm reading it right. I just kind of play stupid and ask questions that wind up incriminating for the person in some way, that might make them look stupid, or expose their lack of information. I noticed that many people are very ignorant this way by their inability to actually be specific about things. But the key is to ask questions in a way you appear that you're not informed yourself, but directing the questions, as the bong says, to the answer YOU would give to the question. You make them arrive it to themselves.

In response to your uncle I'd have said something like, "I don't really follow politics much myself, what has he said about black people? That's shocking they'd vote for him." You add the last sentence so it doesn't look like you're asking the question in defense of Trump. Instead you're establishing a phoney support of your uncle, while at the same time goading the old faggot for information.

TY I'll see if I can do that. Talking to people was never my strong point and sadly my husband is far far worse so at these gatherings I often get stuck carrying the conversation.

>Trying to correct them or carry on a conversation will just make them cling more tightly to their delusions
I know, which is why I just stay quiet. I had a conversation with my mother last year which started with her saying, "I heard Trump saying, 'We're gonna get rid of all those Mexicans and the blacks and Muslims and stuff'" and I just flat out said "No he didn't say that," and this lead to me pulling her in front of the nearest information machine and searching and searching and searching for Trump saying anything near that and finding nothing, and she just maintained "Well I heard it!" And then it proceeded to her saying she can't believe i would defend someone who talks about women like he does, and then me playing the audio for her and showing her he's just talking about groupie sluts who throw themselves at rich and powerful men, #notallwomen.

The end result of demonstrating to her that every single belief she had about Trump was unsubstantiated was that she now hates Trump more than ever. I've done this with various people on issues ranging from gun control, illegal immigration, gay wedding cakes, Islam, antifa, and only once have I ever made progress, on guns. Every other time the other person just maintains that what they believe is true even when we sit down and just try to find the evidence for their claims. Not even making counter-claims, just looking up what they believe and why.

The art of persuasion is just lost on me. If I can only get one person one time to change their mind on something they believe by just taking them through the basic research for information on that belief, I don't know what possibly effectively changes people's minds. Especially when people immediately get defensive and feel like they're being attacked if you just say, "Are you sure that's right? Where did you hear that? Could we look that up?"

But triggering people is fun. It was part of the reason I joined the alt right.

I stopped holding back around family a few years ago, my family knows about all my political views now. I can barely tolerate normies though, if someone isn't far-right I don't waste much time talking to them unless I need something from them or am just communicating for my job. I actually did manage to find a guy at work who's more-or-less on the same page as me using far-right dogwhistles though.

imgur.com/gallery/aFKst
imgur.com/gallery/GmhQk
renegadetribune.com/

newsweek.com/trachilos-footprint-crete-human-evolution-million-658287
ancient-origins.net/unexplained-phenomena/do-ica-stones-prove-mankind-coexisted-dinosaurs-advanced-technology-098989
telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/05/incredible-graveyard-5000-year-old-giants-found-china/
ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/giant-7-8-foot-skeletons-uncovered-ecuador-sent-scientific-testing-004119
humansarefree.com/2017/09/fossilised-giant-footprints-discovered.html

find the Black Sun
youtube.com/channel/UCjAFO7xz5UotUfIzvd_xXDA/videos

>t's like they don't even care about if what they say is right or wrong
This right here is the key that you should pay more attention to. Most people do not decide their beliefs based on what they actually think is likely. They decide their beliefs based on social acceptability. Try to understand the "received wisdom" as the product of peer pressure and memetics, not the product of logic. This explains everything from religion to leftism(which is itself a religion)

Strange. My family get togethers are them redpilling me and target practice with shotguns after dinner. I suspect most of them are on here secretly as well.

Let goyim be goyim.

Depends on who your with
Think of what the shills do here
Do that with your family
Lead them to contradictions
Ask leading questions
Gaslight gaslight gaslight
Always use emotional reasoning
The most important thing to do is destroy their faith in all Jewish media.

>The art of persuasion is just lost on me.
The time of this kind of thing is pretty much over, user. The only people to be persuaded at this point are other right wing people to push further right. But you're probably not going to convince any liberal differently. We live in a time instead where people are solidifying and doubling down on their political positions, getting closer and closer to a broad breakdown of the major political alliances. The west is going to be embroiled in civil conflicts. It's what we're building up to.

Liberals under the age of 21 can sometimes still be reached but you’re correct for the most part

Have you tried not being autistic? Really not that hard to avoid arguments, just shut the fuck up and don't listen.

That is what redpills individuals the most. Bringing one topic of disagreement and seeing how you get suth down instanly with no cohesive argument. It's a slow burn, but everyone will have that moment and the mask will slip.

I don't, I debate them - and they all hate me for it. It's hilarious. At big family dinners with the extended family, my Dad will join in with me. My Mother before she died was SUPER Conservative. We're like the hated part of the family for that - but we're also the most liked part of the family, because they all admit we're the only honest one's. I usually just end up by telling them, "Look if you can't actually be bothered to research any of the bullshit you're talking about. How about talk about something you actually do know about?" Not in a hostile tone either - and that usually works to calm things down. Because when confronted, they'll admit they don't know what they're on about. They used to especially capitulate to my Mother who had a degree in poli-sci.

Fuck off back to you fart goblin hole

why are you holding your tongue?
they don't know any better, YOU DO KNOW BETTER
it is your responsibility to point out their ignorance

you don't have to be confrontational, just point out every claim they make that is false, just say you read X and Y on the internet

It's like this whenever I try to debate with my parents. I throw a red pill, and subsequently get a half hour lecture/virtue signal which is basically complete nonsense, but I finish my dinner without responding. The next day I'll send them some evidence, a link to video footage on antifa for example. 4 hours later, when they get the email, Mum will storm into my room and restate what she virtue signalled about last night. She'll do this for about 2 minutes, then realise she's out of arguments and resort to name-calling. Dad will hear this, and I'll hear him talking to Mum at night about being too harsh on me. He'll bring it up again while he's driving me to school, and we'll have an actual discussion, because he's the only one willing to consider listening to me. My sister is also in the car with us, and when she spergs out (she's a tumblr user; enough said), it's easy to shut her up because she has no authority over me. Sometimes, when Mum is nearby and Dad is listening to the radio and they're talking about some issue that could be related to what I said, I'll go into the kitchen and discuss it with him, paraphrasing something I stumped Mum with. This works great, because Mum gets mad and Dad has no idea why. I deny calling her a whatever she claims, and Dad says that she must have mis-interpreted what I was saying. I've learned that I cannot get mum to consider my arguments, but I can get dad on my side - and if he is, I can engage in debate without being scared of punishment for wrongthink. It's a slow process but it is working.

>on the internet
my parents immediately dismiss anything on the internet

leading them to contradictions is so easy
e.g. my mum admitted that objective morality does not exist but every single one of her arguments is based in it