>Ping Pong in 2014
>One Punch Man in 2015
>Flip Flappers in 2016
It's actually getting better.

If you put it like that op is right.

>Flip Flappers in 2016
This was a mediocre year

Yep, fujoshi will take over in a few years

Not really but you are most likely getting older and more mature.

No you are getting older

sometimes

Absolutely not, the average show is much better than the 2000's.

The only thing that is getting worse is the average character design and too much computer effects work in compositing.

gee naruto, you look kinda cool

Anime was never good

Yo.

I, too, am a proud edgy contrarian.

>you are most likely getting older and more mature

It's better than ever.

Yes.

No, it's just some trends in anime that change.

yes and no
I feel pity for animators who work for food because of MUH TEZUKA and because of most "story" based anime flops unless of rare miracles. Especially all flopped original "artistic" shows without harem and hardcore pandering. BD sales was mistake. It's outdated

i prefer fujo over sexualized shit anime with 100% fanservice pander.

Said user who pirates all the shows he watches.

That`s pretty gay, lad.

Well too bad for you. Sadly, fujoshit is kill.

Anime is getting worse in the eyes of people who haven't watched anime since the arbitrary time they decided it was still good.

STFU OPMcuck.

also fujo literally saved the anime industry because nobody cares when you watch a show of two men fucking eachother while if you watch a anime about hot underage girls you face discrimination and they call you a loser.

you know it is getting worse when Flip Flapper is one's choice

You're wrong. I only buy BD boxes of favorite shows. Jsut check price of averege BD

G A Y
A
Y

t. fujoshit

your lads are actually insecure about your sexuality, i bet you guys think it's gay to kiss other men.

>dont like something
>insecure

faggot logic

yes very much
t. old anime man

OP here. I'm so sorry for making this thread. I just wanted an excuse to post the image.

It's probably not catching people's interest, since Sup Forums would rather waifu shitpost than discuss anime these days

You are honestly the most retarded person on Sup Forums I've ever seen. Also, One Shit Man sucks, kill your self.

Depends what you're into Sup Forumsnon. Different strokes for different folks.

I won't say its "better" or "worse" what I can say is that the the epic, the fantasy and the sci-fi themes were almost wiped out from the industry while the mundane themes prolify.

Instead of a series about ghosts we have, shows about ghost going to school, instead a series of an angel redeeming humankind we got a series about an angel playing videogames, instead of a series about future cop we have a series about an idol.

When anime moved from a media about epic to become a media about things that you do at home or see each time you turn on TV...I don't know it.

Thanks god, we still have some epic adventures and mecha each season, but the number of shows about mundane activities or mundane activities performed by strange creatures (dragon cleaning houses for example) kind of obscures them.

How is the continued artistic retardation of anime even up for debate?

I'm always up for discussing anime, as long as it isn't about some 20 year old series I've already discussed to death.

TV fanservice is an abomination that should end.
These endless "nudity" scenes where they just are naked while censoring nipples and everything important are waste of everyones time.

Yes.

Fuck back off to whatever shit hole you crawled from.

Some people are simply blind to what is right in front of them.

What happened?

Guarantees an endless supply of threads asking what 2D girl's butt smells like.

>whatever shit hole you crawled from

But user, /a /, is that shit hole I crawled from. Can't fuck back there because I already here

Yes user, just like everything else during our lifetime

Do people actually think that anime isn't in a state of decline? I thought it was an established fact at this point.

nippon was always anime

>Do people actually think that anime isn't in a state of decline?
Nope, just look at this thread nobody thinks modern anime is worth watching

>2013 was 4 years ago

Sauce vagabond ?

No, if anything your exposed more to shitty anime now. People who say "the 90's were better" don't realize they were handfed select shows compared to everything being subbed nowadays.

Nah, there was a lot less anime being produced back then. Just about the only things the West wasn't exposed to were some hentai OVAs and children's shows.

This. You really know what you are talking about.

There was more than the SUZUKI_ASS OVA?

This is making me uncharacteristically horny

second last chapter of homonculus

The BD extras (were subbed around Christmas) and another one that's not ripped.

Where was OPM mentioned?

yes, anime has become too disconnected from reality. I don't mean in terms of setting or events, I mean anime characters no longer resemble human behaviour at all in most cases.

good, humans are shit

>Before Eva
Realistic characters who display a wide range of emotions and feelings

>Eva
A beta loser

>After Eva
Hurr i am protagonist its my way or you die durrrr

Every time I see this picture I want to watch this show because that chick's rack looks absolutely insane.

This.

Bakuon was among my favourite anime of 2016. And I'm not even interested in motorcycles.

Figman soon!

It depends. To be honest I don't think anything will change much except slightly more shows being aimed at other audiences. Remember, Japanese fans are the main important audience of anime; the West is merely a bonus and makes up a tiny percentage in the overall profit from sales. I'm not sure if they have the whole industry go full-on "muh representation" thing that we have, so don't expect much if that is what your hoping for. It will probably just be fanservice.

Come on man....

That's the same anime, same episode even

No

Oh yes yes it is.

It's more that in Japan, the female anime is actually growing and spending more. (There are studies that show this) Thus, they get more anime aimed at them. It has nothing to do with "representation" nonsense.

>Not getting the meme
Fucking reddit

I never thought someone would be stupid enough to fall for this

haha, wait thats me... oh man time to kill myself i guess

Ahh, I see. I suppose it all depends on their own tastes.

It makes sense they will try to milked that audience out as much as they can until that well dries out and they go to something else.

10/10 shitposting thread OP, kill yourself.

It's the fujos who are both growing (BL industry is booming) and changing their tastes. Otome are growing, but they like the same female self insert they've always liked. Fujos have usually bought traditionally male action anime- sometimes becoming a majority audience (Gundam, SnK ect.) They aren't really anymore since they've been getting more targeted stuff (and fujo sports trend) and that's, and this is just a theory theory, why things like OPM and BnH just can't become mega hits. No doubt they still have big fujo backing, but fujos haven't seriously backed and bought a male action anime since SnK.

Fujos are a self sustaining cycle. The more fujo anime that are made- the more fujos are made.

Fell for what? It's common sense anime is garbage now.

Yes, your filthy gaijin dorrar will surely make a difference.

Nah. It's actually starting to improve again. Until about a year or so ago, it seemed like we were on a steady decline, but things are looking up.

If that's what you want to believe then fine. I see it as any other industry they milk what is hot currently until there isn't much money to make from of it anymore and they move on to something else. They should just make good shows that male and female audiences can both enjoy, but I guess for the way the current industry is now it's too hard for them to do.

That Otaku boom with fan-service shows I felt ruined the industry with because since then I felt we got more empty uninspired shows that are pure garbage in story and characterization. These shows rely too much on their character designs and fan-service to actually be able to sustain any sort of substance for itself.

>kiss other men
Do you kiss other men often user?

No doubt they can over saturate the market. But they haven't come close yet. There were 11 shows this season that relied heavily on a fujo audience. 3 of them managed 15k+. No male heavy oriented show this year has made over 12k. Now, disc sales aren't everything, but we can use them to see some trends. And I don't see fujos being oversaturated at all yet. If anything, they are undersaturated. (Them and idolfans) Next season, there will be 4 fujo shows. It's a huge misplacement of resources->audience. Obviously there needs to be a balance.

I think making shows that both men and women want to buy is the goal- the more people to buy the better. But so many tropes used to attract one audience, completely repel the other. Fujos were the huge crossover market. Pretty much every late night anime (excluding idol stuff) that has a good gender ratio is thanks to them. But they aren't crossing over like they used to.

I want to that pig.

So anime was at its zenith when Japan's economy was still booming? Makes sense

Its probably because the good anime accumulated over time, but was just as rare back then as good shows are now in the current seasons

Yes because the quality of a drawing is determined by how much budget put into it with no other factors being relevant.

Hirano stuff also has a big no fujo female audience but I don't know how much of it is still around and is still non fujo.

Absolutely homosexual, user

yes

>so much blueballing
>lack of nipples
>MC's are all spineless omega males