Storytime: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Road to Darkside of Dimensions

Since there's a new YGO movie releasing next month here in the west, I thought it would be cool to dump the original manga which the movie is based off of. For those of you who only ever watched the anime, I highly recommend reading the manga as it's much darker and better written than the anime was imo. There's also none of the fillers you have to deal with. Since the movie is releasing on Jan 27, 2017, I will dump one volume a day leading up to its release.

Today we will go through Volume 17 which concludes the DDM arc but also introduces us to the sixth major and most iconic arc in all of YGO: Battle City!

Chapter 143

I don't really know what's going on with the hp. I'm more inclined to believe the manga than the translations though

Black hearts mean empty so he only has 1 hp left

Chapter 144

wow, what an ass

Oh ok that one exposition page from last volume makes more sense now.

Chapter 145

This is more similar to the bandit keith filler than I thought it'd be

Why did you post the same page?

is there any manga arc with Joey fanservice? an onsen chapter would be glorious.

That chain hasn't been anything but a pain so far.

I thought I posted something else at first and deleted it then I posted it again.

Well at least yugi's grandpa won't have competition again

Why didn't they remove the peg in the first place?

Bumping cause I need my fix

Now we start the Battle City arc.

Chapter 146

As neat as it is for there to be a movie coming out, why are they hyping it up so much with such a limited release.
Maybe Dragon Ball isn't something to put it against but they managed to show the Freeza movie in my city, and it's pretty large for midwest.

aw ye

Bakura stole a piece of the puzzle right?
Did Yugi not notice when he was rebuilding it?

No, and he gave it back just then.

Man, this entire store didn't have a single extinguisher? We didn't even get to see the upper floors.

He just held it for a bit to do the soul thing and gave it back

>Now I have more new asspulls!

There's a missing page here, Honda and Jounouchi kick the door open.

I thought as much. I couldn't find it online though so whoever uploaded it originally messed up. It's too hard to tell what happens though.

Distribution is still expensive, I presume. Even Funimation, though much more financial capable than 4K Media, can still only manage their own limited release, though it is larger of course.

Is there any indication on how soon they'll release it on home platforms?

They're not talking about home video release, probably until the limited run finishes, but the Japanese one is due March 8th.