How did you get into anime?

How did you get into anime?

Reddit

Reddit

reddit

reddit

Same as those guys I heard about it on Sup Forums

When my uncle made me watch boku no pico with him.

Reddit

gaia online

Reddit

Assume the position.

I believe it was in Reddit but i could be wrong

Reddit

Why are there so many redditors on Sup Forums now?

R3ddit

Reddit

I don't watch anime.

What's a nime anyway?

Actually for me it was ...........................................................................................................................................................................reddit

/r/Anime.

Reddit.

I saw a Lucky Star MAD and thought it was cute.

i dont really watch anime, im just here for the cute girls

cartoon network

This but unironically

this hot hunk of man-meat got me into anime

because some people were sick of the dead-end, mechanical episode discussions that just end up flooding the sub.

Reddit

RTL II and VHS Tapes

Because of my dad, i still watch some old school anime with him every other day (mostly 80 and 90 anime or doraemon)

Include me in the screencap

Ponies

I'll actually answer this seriously for a change of pace.

I remember watching on TV Speed Racer and Pokemon, but I didn't even know those were Japanese and shiet.

Along the way I was kind of watching anime that was airing on TV, but stopped at the same time as I stopped watching TV.

Then in my country there was big Haruhi Suzumiya boom and I was just getting into this Internet thing, don't look at me, my parents could afford only PS2 to me and my brother at 2006. So I kind of got hooked in.

I liked it, and was watching an anime or two for years. Mostly Miyazaki movies or something very specific.

Tipping point for me was Kino's Journey, because, well, I was looking for something exactly like fucking that, but somehow didn't know I wanted it. So, I just check out seasonal crap, like 5 or 6 shows while cleaning my backlog. Pretty mild, but I also read mangas and I am not a NEET.

Dad showed me some Studio Ghibli movies and later movies like Akira since he was an Anime fan in the early 90s.

This actually explains a lot

Sup Forums

MAL

Fuck off Digibro

don't include this guy in the screencap

>Pretty mild, but I also read mangas and I am not a NEET.
thanks for the blog normie

I first watched The Legend of Korra after hearing about it on reddit and have been hooked on anime ever since

I can also show you my MAL page.

Because of Sup Forums and Sup Forums posting lots of K-on and Nichijou pictures 3 and a half years ago.

K-on was the first anime I had watched that wasn't dbz or Inuyasha.

and the most reddit board on Sup Forums goes to

2005-2006 era Sup Forums

My aunt was a weeb and had old animu playing when I visited.

Sup Forums provides a more free-form format of discussion that cannot be faithfully reproduced on any other website. There is an irreplaceable culture here that is unmistakable and unique.

Kon is the best amine guys haha

But as evidenced by this thread, most of Sup Forums are from reddit so there's nothing unique about the culture anymore.

Escaflowne on Saturday mornings until they got to the episode with the butt naked doppelganger and the network dropped it like a hot potato.

This is like you're saying Sup Forums is impervious to change and it isn't

When I was kid, Voltron was on. had not idea what anime was, but I thought it was rad. Later, Sci-Fi and Cartoon Network would air things like Beautiful Dreamer and Vampire Hunter D and it was all downhill from there.

OR only newfags post on this kind of threads

It's just Sup Forums that takes itself seriously.

Pic related is actually Sup Forums.

One of my friends said "Hey check this shit out"
And now I'm here.

Girls I liked was really into Naruto and other gateway anime.

osu!

Are you still friends?

>implying a few dozen newfags flocking to a reddit thread is an accurate demographic sample of a board with thousands of users everyday.

It's the only sample available right now.

We haven't met in a while.

>few dozen

You've got it the other way around. Sup Forums takes itself seriously in order to keep board quality up so we can have posts like that. Sup Forums doesn't take itself seriously so board quality declines and it's mostly angry shitposting.

I may just be a nostalgiafag, but I've seen Sup Forums go through a lot of phases and frankly we're all still the same shitposters we used to be.

At least Sup Forums doesn't discover video games through reddit.

yeah, a few dozen. eat your fucking words.

Make this same thread on Sup Forums.

Toonami pretty much. When that got canned, I watched whatever was subbed on youtube. I got into manga from a friend who brought some Naruto manga to school in 4th grade. Later in the same year when we went out on a field trip, and I bought some Shaman King volumes.

My dad was into anime in the 1980's and 90's. I watch it because he did. Fucking weeb

You're retarded.

But Sup Forums is not the anime board, it would just get deleted.

>all these faggots who can't understand jokes
How can you function? irl or on the internet?

might as well ask "how did you start watching TV"

or "how did you start breathing"

or "how did you get into eating"

Bad dubs in the late 80s. Then rumors in the early 90s of what anime really was. Went trolling through asian markets and found bootleg anime tapes.

You don't, that's why we are here

Right?

>How can you function?
>irl
user you know where you are, right?

I saw a anime op in a mousepad thread on Sup Forums and thought it was pretty cute.

oh wow, you're so well-adjusted and sensible you must have lots of sex

>being able to take a joke has anything to do with having sex
Hello, normalfag.

late 90's gits and evangelion. gits was on svcd and evangelion was on vcd. why i remember that i don't know.

>Sup Forums is not mostly angry shitposting
wew

What joke?

my dad made me watch K-ON! with him, since then I haven't been the same

This thread and way to prove my point.

This is half the problem with Sup Forums and most boards right now. People don't get into jokes. They'd rather post about politics, complain about other posters, take everything too seriously.

>>all these faggots who can't understand jokes
It's irony.
Answering
>reddit
was to be ironic
Everyone ignoring the fact that it's irony is another level of irony.
Since you actually bothered posting, I'm assuming that you are ironically getting angry as well.

I'm ironically replying to you as well because you certainly can't be THAT stupid.

yeah. they're more focused on pointing out bait and screaming their fuckin' heads off about it rather than taking it intentionally and seeing where it brings you. I miss old Sup Forums.

lel you two are the only ones on this thread who found it like me, the rest are plebbit fags

That's rough, buddy.

I watched an Akira VHS when I was 5 years old.

Now this is a shitpost.

This thread isn't a joke.

no u

>I'm just pretending to be retarded

it turned into one when everyone started ironically saying they came from Reddit.

Why would anyone do that unless they really are from reddit? Face it, Sup Forums is dead.

Toonami

I watched normie gateway shit like Bebop and Madoka and have slowly been watching more and more weeby stuff since.