Any Aquaponic fags on /pol?

What's the general consensus for best home Aquapoinics setup in 2017?

What type of system do you run?
What do you grow?
Lesson learned?
What percentage of your yearly food are you self producing?
Recommended books/videos?

Post pics of they setup :D

Other urls found in this thread:

advancedaquarist.com/blog/possibly-the-worlds-most-advanced-and-sexy-home-aquaponics-system
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is this much more efficient than the large raised beds I have outside for veggies.

Apparently the water use is 90% less than traditional soil growing (depending on setup).

Like hydroponics i believe you get faster growth and bigger yields, but aquaponics systems take time to mature.

you can grow outside, in a green house ive heard of people producing all year round.

This is hydroponics, Not aeroponics...... U too stupid for that.

Just read a book on it you lazy cunt.

(((aquaponics)))) ((((aeroponics))))

Don't need land goys!

We all know only one type of plant is grown with home hydroponic systems.

>This is hydroponics, Not aeroponics...... U too stupid for that.

Oh rely...?
advancedaquarist.com/blog/possibly-the-worlds-most-advanced-and-sexy-home-aquaponics-system

Dick head

>Just read a book on it you lazy cunt.

Which book u unhelpful faggot?

Aquaponics sucks, too much organics in the water to deal with

Whats bad about it?
Literally more yield, no pesticides and it grow faster.

The 'problem' is that you need a bigger initial investment in it.

I grew weed in one of these. Does that count?

The yield is quite questionable. My brother invested in a system, got all the garbage equipment, I went traditional on my farm...what a joke...it would take him 10 years to just start making up for the initial investment and by that time, you have to get new equipment.

If you know what you are doing, you don't need pesticides or any chemical ferts (which you need with those systems) with traditional farming. If you set the right companion plants, you don't need 1 drop of pesticides.

The jew wants people to not purchase land and live off of it.

another reason: growing shit in plastic.
Need I say more?

you need to post this shit on the appropriate board, being /an/ and /diy/, mods will delete threads not related to politics
/an/ barely gets any good threads about plant care and it's annoying, especially alternative plant care like aquaponics

wow that's an beautiful lettuce

how can i get one of these systems in the united states

That bok choy looks good.

They do take time to level off to a point where they are somewhat self sufficient, and the types of fish grown and the climate if outdoors is a factor.
Thee was a video on youtube years ago about a successful one that produced a shit load of meat and veggies.

Those organics are what is supposed to be fed through the plant bed to feed the growing plants. The waste or organics is filtered out of the water through the plants roots and growing medium thus cleaning the water to return to the aquatic species being grown,

Only if you pulled no less than a pound from it.

I have grown them all and designed several custom systems.

Aquaponics is some retarded hippy shit with fish involved, pulling nutes from their shit etc.
'Heavy organics and water don't mix and stay stable, the pH jumps all over the place, as well as the ppm and amounts of each nute are usually not good.
High end nutes use chelated forms of all the natural nutes and micro nutrients in the exact balances needed, when they are needed, as well as allow the mix to remain stable in pH and ppm.
The lifespan of your chemical nutes is about 1 week, after that it becomes unstable.

There are a shit ton of setups out there, but trying most of them, a lot side by side, I found the fastest is aeroponic, and not just spraying the roots with water, spraying the back side of the lid with high pressure, so it atomizes and oxygenates the water i nto a fine mist, this container cannot hold water, it returns to a reservoir. The tradeoff to aero, is it need constant babysitting, a too high of water temp. off pH, or stopped pump will kill plants fast.
High pressure aero can do 6 weeks vs 8 weeks to maturity.

Now the best setup in my opinion, for hydro, would be a drip system.
A self contained ba setup can be made with an atv sprayer.
The sprayer is a tank with a 12v pump on it, and a filter in the pickup tube.
The pump is a constant pressure pump, when powered it maintains about 50psi in the line.
Take the line out, filter it with a 100 micron inline filter, so your tips don't clog.
Harbor Freight sells the drip kits, but you want to add your own dripper tips that are pressurized, this allows even drips to all plants regardless of tubing height differences.
The drip emitters go to large 8" big mama rockwool cubes, which sit on plastic plates.
There is no need to drain the system, it puts out what the plants use, it is highly efficient.
If the plate is holding water, back off the run time.
Running on a timer at 2 times a day for approx 1-2 minutes is all it takes.

Make it, it's easy.

Added...

Also most plant crave about 1000 ppm of nutrients and minerals etc.

You have to pick the ones you feed, a typical tapwater source can be up to 500ppm at the tap, of shit the plant doesn't need, leaving only 500 ppm left for you to add nutrients.
This is why an 0 ppm RO or close to it is needed for hydro, you want 1000 pmm of all good stuff only. Hydro can't be done without a ph, tds(total dissoved solids) aka ppm meter, the hannah portable is good to wing it, but some have their sensors sit right in the res.

I have to agree that aeroponics is the fastest way to grow.

It's the fastest if built right for sure. the high pressure thing is key to these setups, a few plants like lettuce can handle big droplets on the roots, or submerged roots, but most can't. You see alot of lettuce hydro systems on youtube, they work, but they don't thrive like the highly oxygenated roots.

The price comparison of the drip vs the vulnerable, electric intensive high pressure recirculating system, to shorten grow time by 1 week, makes the aero setup not worth it.

>Now the best setup in my opinion, for hydro, would be a drip system.
100% true

I manage an organic bell pepper greenhouse and that is the system we use. Coconut slabs with a drip system. Very effective.

The most annoying thing is keeping the huge water tanks warm in the winter. Since they are outside of the greenhouse.