How do we fix KyoAni and their shameless use of filtered photographs as backgrounds?

How do we fix KyoAni and their shameless use of filtered photographs as backgrounds?

Other urls found in this thread:

bamboo-inc.com/gallery/index.html
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=16864
studioeaster.com/gallery/index.html
boards.fireden.net/a/thread/148242574/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Don't you mean traced photographs as backgrounds?

We've been having this thread too often. You have to let there be some downtime between them or people start to catch on and don't reply as easily.

P.A. Works has the best backgrounds.

Not counting Pablo.

I doubt that was PA Flops.

wait, don't you mean shaft?

oh wait, this is one of those bait threads they told me about, isn't it?

Backgrounds are made by other studios.

How do we fix Sup Forums and their shameless console war mentality from Sup Forums?

KyoAni also makes their own backgrounds, they still outsource to a couple other studios here and there but based on the credits KyoAni makes the bulk of them.

The weird part is that neither of these studios are as relevant as they used to be. The argument is now pointless, but people keep it going just because they're autistic and love to argue for no reason.

it's artistic, you don't get it, it's all about the emotional impact and the atmosphere

They do.
I can't wait for Uchouten Kazoku 2.

Stop making stupid shitposting threads.

You might want to thank Bamboo for those backgrounds, not PA.

bamboo-inc.com/gallery/index.html

Wit Studio you fuck

Shaft are lazy shits but those KyoAni examples are way too busy.

What does he mean by this?
Looking at the image, SHAFT background is a black white photograph?
Isn't SHAFT worse than kyoani?

What's it like to be this deep into the denial game?

I wonder what the difference between KyoAni's and Shinkai's backgrounds. Both use photographs and modify them but why do Shinkai's feel way more realistic? The lighting is pretty good in Kyoani's too, that's the first thing stunning in Shinkai's. Where do the difference lies?

Maybe the texture? Kyoani's feels way more anime from afar when Shinkai's could be easily mistaken for a photograph.

Apart from that, Kyoani makes a practical use of photographs here which is not bad but kinda bland, it's only practical, to set a nice detailed setting. SHAFT'd wish for more but their manipulation is kinda always meh. Still creates an effect thought, but anyways there's rarely a goal, like behind the top one, no use of rendering it ugly like that.

KyoAni's big asset before their overall animation quality was their background art, they did for other studios before doing series on their own too.

You tell me, see and Studio Easter did the bulk of the background art for Nagi no Asukara and Glassip

Not many animation studios make their own backgrounds, KyoAni and SHAFT are exceptions.

Name a studio lazier than shaft

You can't

6 years hand drawn

Actas.

Oh sorry, I forgot Shaft and KyoAni are the only two studios that exist.

Toei.

Checkmate.

Actas isn't lazy. Actas is just incredibly incompetent.

has it right.

>You tell me
Kazuki Higashiji was the background designer of NnA, OF COURSE he can't draw everything. Creating a complete show is team work, more than one guy works on it. That doesn't change the fact that these backgrounds come from PA Works.

No they weren't. Kazuki decides the mood and style and then outsources all backgrounds to those companies. PA Flops doesn't have the manpower or talent to make that kind of work.

Those are outsourced.

>PA doesn't actually treat their animators well
>they also don't do their own backgrounds

Seems like everything I've heard about them was a lie

Now that's progressive.

>They are also not progressive

Sup Forums would be proud

Don't forget that their animation is stagnant and regressive.

You got it backwards, but oh wait, that was the point of the thread, now you got one more bump that points this out.

I realise now that I've waited so long I can't bring myself to care anymore. What are the odds they touch it up for the BD

Those are the BDs

There are a few good scenes in both movies but overall it looks pretty mediocre.

>Those are the BDs
A sentence that summarizes SHAFT well.

>those giraffe necks
What is wrong with this studio for real?

There are several anons out there who claims this is a legitimate artstyle and praises SHAFT for their innovation when its just plain lazy.

Kill me know.

Do guys really blush like that when you touch their abs?

It's both, that's the point. They made corner-cutting stylish.

It's not stylish 10 years later

>when you wake up an realize Kizu was shit
I waited so long.

>Those are the BDs

> Blames Kyoani for using filtered photographies
> Post two Shaft frames with nothing but a lazy photographie with a color filter.

You're shooting your own foots, at least Kyoani redraws.

Did no one think to put a leash on Shinbo?

I was planning on giving this a shot after the abomination that was Kizu 1 but I don't think I want to anymore.

The backgrounds in PW 6 were neat. I guess some people at KyoAni were taking shrooms.

I really wonder how a bunch of fucking incompetent dimwits like Actas could make a 10/10 masterpiece like the Garupan movie

A natural 20 has a 5% chance of occurring.

animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=16864

Background art done 100% by other studios
Finishing, 2nd Key and in-between animation done 80% by other studios
Art direction done 80% by people from other studios
3D animation done by Graphinica

Key animation done by 90% freelancers
Storyboard done by freelancers
Character designs done by freelancer
Animation direction done by freelancers

I don't even know why they chose Actas, they barely used them.

>I don't even know why they chose Actas,
Because Japan values loyalty.

>I waited years for this.
JUST

No comfier studio.

>Studio Easter
They have the French Touch.
studioeaster.com/gallery/index.html

Kyoani. They haven't left their comfort zone in 10 years.

This is low quality and not worth the bump.

Comeback when they do something outside of their comfort zone, fag.

>2017 was 10 years ago
Really makes you think

Milking that cow with minimal effort.

That describes a lot of anime. The industry is populated mostly by freelancers

Kyoani's attachment to realism felt stifling in stuff like Hyouka and Eupho. The background art can be beautiful a lot of the time (K-On, certain scenes in other shows), but it doesn't work in every case and it can be jarring. I wanna say that hopefully they'll perfect the style soon, but it hasn't really gotten better in years.

Nice buzzwords, I'll try to use them more often.

Keion and Hyouka had a perfect balance. Now Eupho I didn't really like.

There were a lot of moments in Hyouka that didn't work for me. Same as Eupho, a mix of beautiful, impressionist artwork with more muddled or clumsy looking stuff.

Koe no Katachi was great too.

This looks fine. Why are people reacting so poorly to it?

Probably because it looks like shit.

How though?

what do you think of maidragon?

Actas is just stupid. We shouldn't bully stupid people who don't have the balls to invest an already successful franchise.

>We shouldn't bully stupid people
Where exactly do you think we are?

Backgrounds look fine, it's a little more cartoony a la Nichijou which is refreshing. Not really interested in the show though, sounds kinda awful.

boards.fireden.net/a/thread/148242574/

This thread demonstrates KyoAni's modus operandi regarding background creation. Screenshots of Hibike are provided as well as photographs of the corresponding real life locations.

Obvious conclusion: KyoAni uses photographs as references, but very clearly does not filter or trace said photographs for the final products.

If you disagree with this conclusion (and by that I mean if you are trolling), please provide proof to back up your assertion.

>mfw this BTFOs IRC

Anyone who thinks they filter photographs needs to get a brain scan asap

Fun fact, a lot of studios that are outsourced strictly for backgrounds still use acrylic and watercolor instead of digital, even today.

If you're ever wondering how they get that effect that makes it look traditionally painted, that's because it is.

Top right pic is the first time i've thought hanekawa looked cute.

Nobody actually thinks they do. It's just IRC trolling.

It's just the current trend to hate everything Shaft does no matter what. In a few years I'm sure most talk of Kizu will be positive.

>decide to get some wallpapers from anime backgrounds
>finding good subed BDs is pain
>watching raw BDs is also pain

cant somebody else do this

its a bait and switch thread user

why do people not complain about the brown filter they put on the entire movie?

Probably because MC is a vampire, so he can't be in any sunny day.

The lighting is a consequence of the entire story taking place between dusk to dawn, so it tends to be red or blue.

Damn I almost feel sorry for you SHAFTfags for having to deal with this poor effort

oh yeah? realkly? you should not be sorry we loved the movie

>why do Shinkai's feel way more realistic?
what the fuck, dude? Is "detailed and crisp" the only way people define realism now? Look at this image, ignore the text because that was just bait, but look at the pictures. The ones from Kimi no Na Wa might look much prettier to some people (subjective) than the ones from Koe no Katachi but nowhere in real life you you find landscapes like that. The colors are way overblown. The ones from KnK feel way more like something you could capture with a real camera. Yes, it might have a lot of digitals effects on top but they're effects that simulate real life.

I think I made this, I purposefully upped the chromatic aberration.

We've known this since Hyouka, since Chitanda's house is based off a real one but some things were changed.

I was wondering why there was an eye-searing amount. Well memed.

You might've. I just switched the text to show how much of a non-argument it was.

>I loved eating shit
good for you user, I still feel sorry though

Go back to Sup Forums.

But I dont browser Sup Forums

>shaft relies entirely on freelancers
>their shows and "movies" look like shit

So why don't they just hire better freelancers?

Not entirely, they're not on the level of KyoAni but the key positions are usually filled by in-house staff. They're more like Trigger in that sense. And they don't get better freelancers maybe because they're cheap fucks.