/SPG/ State Pride General V2

Calling all States in the Union! It's high time you take pride in where you come from, and became invested in where you're going. The federal government cannot and will not solve the problems of the states, it is up to you and your neighbors.

With this in mind ask yourself a few questions:
Have I voted in local or state elections in the past 10 years?
Have I contacted my representatives, asked questions about policy, gave them any information or insight?
Have I volunteered with any public or private organizations for the benefit of the entire state/commonwealth?
Have I participated in politics for the betterment of the whole state, or have I been after the benefit of a particular party?

I encourage you all to think on these questions (though I do not expect your answers), and to remember: The partisan politics of the federal government do little good for the states, Republican and Democrat are labels which only serve to divide the people of the states against each other. The fed fears the constitutionally
enumerated power of the states, and without internal strife our interests would rattle the defined order. Get out there, be a good neighbor, and do your civic duty!

Other urls found in this thread:

legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/home/findyourlegislator/#address
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Bump
How do you even contact representatives OP?
Plus isn't it impossible to vote third party here?

It almost entirely depends on where you live obviously.
PA's district map is so fucked by gerrymandering, but here's a good way to find who they are:
>legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/home/findyourlegislator/#address
once you've done that finding the email for their offices shouldn't be too hard.
And yeah you're right voting third party in PA is a bitch, but you don't have to vote third party to avoid partisanship for the sake of partisanship.

So I can just email the guy? Will he ever respond?

It depends on how busy he is, but I routinely email my representatives to ask their positions on one bill or another.

SWEEEET HOME ALABAMA!

/PENNSREICH/ bread?

Welcome Alabama!
No, not today.

OP I think you overestimate the amount of time the average Sup Forumsack has on their hands. Half of the people here are wage slaves, they don't have time to contact representatives.

New Hampshire IS the best state. God I love that place, but for the time being I have to live in fl*rida.

I'll admit the northeast is beautiful. But nothing beats PA mountains.
>Pic related

Yes I suppose if you'd rather spend your off time after work stuffing your face with cheetos than doing something important, this is quite the herculean task.

>falls for the basement dweller meme
OP is confirmed a fag

No I just don't see what's so hard about doing a few minutes of research and sending an email. It's not like we're in the 1700s and you have to take a week long trip to the capital.

Too bad all those mountain tops are going to be strip mined soon. It's good though, you poorfags need jobs, not an environment.

Drive friendly, drink Dr. Pepper

>few minutes of research
I think you must be used to looking at the very surface of incoming bills, half of the shit in them is incomprehensible to anyone who isn't a law professor.

Pennsylvanians love their mountains too much to let that happen. It's a source of pride round here.

Hello

OR you're a brainlet with no reading comprehension skills.

Saved

It's funny I've found that PA is the most proud state on this board. I've made a few pennsylvania pride threads, and they all seem to have good turnout.

OP you're just being dishonest, I doubt you read many bills at all.

No, I really do try to read as much as possible. And you're right about some bills being more technically worded, but I wouldn't call them unreadable. You're underestimating this board's intelligence.

OP has a point, I don't think there are as many brainlets here as you think.

to answer the questionaire

>where i live
taxachusets
>have i voted
the only vote i have cast was for trump
>have i contacted representatives
i dont talk to people i hate
>have i volunteered
only in high school, for sports related shit
>have i participated in politics
masterminded both sides of a certain series of rallies, and managed to have it all blamed on a patsy who was stupid enough to sue the city

Why only vote in federal elections? You realize that the way to get shit done on the state level is to vote on the state level, correct?

also:
>masterminded both sides of a certain series of rallies
explain?

>fuck Austin
>UT logo not an inch away

t. Round Rock

When I write to PA reps, they actually write back, feelsgoodman

That's what I've found as well. Even if they can't answer the question for legal reasons, or otherwise, they always respond in a friendly manner.