Sup Forums, I literally can't watch non-Kyoani anime anymore

Sup Forums, I literally can't watch non-Kyoani anime anymore.
Every time I do, I just think "well, how much better it would be by Kyoani". Subtle character motion, body language, background characters, pacing, character designs, everything. They really can't animate every show, aren't they?
Anyone here have the same problem?
Kyoani thread I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BPzeO5iPJ4M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Funny, I'm the opposite. I can't watch KyoAni shows anymore because all I think is "This animation is amazing, but the plot is so empty that its just a huge waste of money."

who /droppedhibikes2/ here?

>I literally can't watch non-Kyoani anime anymore.
Elitism of the worst kind. Especially when KyoAni isn't even that good.

Kill yourself son of a bitch

I fucking hate the emphasis of animation studios on Sup Forums.

This is one of the worst threads I've ever seen.

What the hell happened after Hyouka? I haven't been able to enjoy any of their shows past 1-3 eps since then.

Great blog

>Insert generic opinion against Kyoani here
user who has never actually watched a Kyoani show spotted

I think Chu2koi season 2 was trash and did little to build upon successes of the first season.

>if you don't agree with me you've just never watched it!
I have watched it. And some of their early shows were good. But they were adapting material someone else wrote. The majority of the shows they came up with are boring as fuck. A string of weak story triggers meant as an excuse to have amazing visuals.

K-On started this trend. Watching girls just sit in a room for 20 minutes is boring, even if the animation is amazing. Nothing happens. They eat cake and tease their teacher. It has about as much depth as a show on the Disney channel. Oh wait.

>Thinking K-On isn't an adaption
Fuck off and jump in front of your nearest train newfag

I didn't even watch the first season of Hibike

>K-On started this trend
user....

KyoAni is a better animation studio than Disney.

>KyoAni fag claims KyoAni is the only good studio
>gets challenged
>responds to every single poster in anger

I adore K-On and Nichijou, but everything from before and from then on fell really flat for me. Still, one can admire their business practices and treatment of their staff; I hope to see more studios like them in the future. Silent Voice could be good.

>comparing K-On to Azumanga
Azumanga had actual character growth and things going on. KyoAni tried to copy Azumanga with Nichijou and it just shows even worse how bad they are at flow and comedy. Azumanga had multiple forms of comedy while Nichijou was just 'lol random'.

Considering all Disney does is 3D animation farmed out to a third party company, that's not hard to do.

There will never be another anime as good as Hibike.

There was a better one already.

You shouldn't make your bait so obvious.

See

See

See

>Azumanga had actual character growth and things going on.
I don't see how that's any different from K-On

The only Kyoani show I'd describe as mediocre was Free!, I've never been disappointed by any of their other works.

Then again I find ways to genuinely enjoy and feel moved by shit like Mirai Nikki.

Feels good to have pitifully low standards

K-On over 2 seasons had about as much character growth as Azumanga did in its first three episodes. K-On focuses on characters reacting to events while the characters stay largely the same.

Nichijou is animated more skillfully than Snow White, Beauty and the Beast or Fantasia.

Azumanga is a poor man's Keion.

Me

Bait : The thread

Quite the opposite actually, whenever I try to watch a kyoani show I always end up thinking about how awful are the filters they use, how bad pacing feels, how the characters look all the same and how I don't care about any of them.

WHO STILL /LMAOINGAT/u/BUTTHURT/ HERE

This is just getting sad OP.

K-On! movie > Tamako Love Story > Alice in Wonderland > Disappearance > the rest

You aren't alone. I also have ADHD and autism.

>hetfags still in denial even though it was KumikoxAsuka end
It'd be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

Watch Doga Kobo stuff and Hanasaku Iroha.

Kyo ani basically has a constant staff tho

but user, if you had ADHD and autism you would enjoy kyoani shows.

Is KyoAni the anti-autist studio?

It's true. K-ON has objectively higher production value and they're equals in every other aspect.

>/u/SHITTERS STILL THINK THE PLATONIC SENPAI KOHAI RELATIONSHIP AMONG GIRLS IS SEXUAL IN ANY WAY
FIRST, ITS IMPOSSIBLE BECAUSE GIRLS CANT HAVE SEX WITH OTHER GIRLS

SECOND SHE TOOK SHOES WEDDING RING, ITS THE HET FLAG FROM THE BOOKS, THEY ARE GOING TO FUCCCCK :^)

>he thinks Alice in Wonderland is the best animated Disney movie

>Watching girls just sit in a room for 20 minutes is boring
>It has about as much depth as a show on the Disney

crossboarding fuck

>you're just an idiot from another board!
>must be Sup Forums!
>not Sup Forums since he's talking about live action shit on the Disney Channel

What an idiot.

newfag

How hard will they go at each other?

i agree i prefer much more intelligent plots like konosuba

I've watched Hibike, Kyoukai no Kanata and Hyouka and none of them have impressed me. The writing is consistently horrible throughout and all of the characters are insufferable. The shows were pretty as hell, and I WANTED to like them just for the visuals alone, but my god these people can't put a script together for their lives.

>YFW KYOANI LITERALLY ANIMATED THIS SHIRT TUG
THATS LIKE HOLDING HANDS TIMES 100, SO LEWD IT SHOULD BE MOSAICED

ALL NIGHT LONG CONFIRMED

>he hasn't seen the Kyoani anime written by Yoshida

What's wrong with Hyouka and Hibike?

People like you give the rest of us kyoani-fags a bad name.

>better claim newfag to deflect from my failure!

Not him, but Hyouka's characters are for the most part dismal, and Eupho is largely driven by unbelievable and hamfisted melodrama.

who are you quoting, newfag?

>Hyouka's characters are for the most part dismal
>Eupho is largely driven by unbelievable and hamfisted melodrama.
How so?

Well great, I literally can't watch non-DEEN anime anymore.

What a shitty thread.

Koe no katachi before k-on and its ok list.

Like, they don't meet my standards of what good writing is.

>KyoAni is a better animation studio than Disney.
>weebs actually think that an anime studio that makes shows to sell shitty merch is better than golden age Disney

What an amazing bait!

Kyoani is objectively the best studio. But who is in second place?

Dogakobo

That's not a problem, its a sickness called kyoanifaggotry

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA STILL IN DELUSION

Sorry, /a, but I can't watch any more Kyoani show. Their style of storytelling, their characters, their writing, it's all so forced, unfunny, and obsessively cute. It's like watching a faggot daydream about highschool, where every boy is gay and every girl is either stoic and brilliant, energetic and clumsy, or cute and introverted. It's complemented by some of the heaviest use of filters, dof, blur, and all those other wonderful effects that make every frame so beautiful to look at, it makes me want to donate my eyes to Kyoani so they can literally stab it some more. If that all wasn't enough to make me never want to watch a kyoani show again, their seiyu are the worst, every single one sounds like a 4 year old trying to act like a 2 year old while voicing some 16 year old. I don't know where the popularity of kyoani came from. Maybe the anime industry is really so bad that kyoani stands out as the best of the worst, but I've had enough. Maybe some day they'll make something good, but since the fanbase considers EVERYTHING kyoani makes brilliant, there is no way any outsider can ever know which ones are actually good.

>there's no way any outsider can ever know which ones are actually good
K-On, Nichijou

Pretty much my thoughts, nice.

>It's like watching a faggot daydream about highschool, where every boy is gay and every girl is either stoic and brilliant, energetic and clumsy, or cute and introverted
I'm sure most of this post is either pasta or just shitposting but this line is completely true.

They just film their anime, you know?

My favorite part about idiots that post paragraphs complaining about KyoAni is how none of it is true, and their complaints fit studios like Dogakobo much more. It's like they are complaining about how they imagine the show to be just by seeing the designs.

>Subtle character motion, body language, background characters, pacing, character designs, everything
It must be nice to have your brain so disconnected from what you're watching that literally all it takes is looking good for you to deem it the pinnacle of anime. Sure, other series might be better animated if they were done by Kyoani, but they'd also devolve into Kyoani tier plot and characterization because god forbid they make something that isn't totally innocuous and palatable for otaku.

I like Kyoani when they make plotless shit like Lucky Star, Nichijou, and K-ON. Shame I find their plot-heavy shows cringe-worthy and boring.

>well, how much better it would be by Kyoani

Is this a new meme? I agree with OP that KyoAni is the top dog currently and probably for a long time, but I've seen people use this line too many times now, so it feels like OP is baiting for KyoAni hater (You)'s.

>They really can't animate every show, aren't they?
what did he mean by this

o/

What if KyoAni made Bakemonogatari?

He's right, tho, why did those idiots laughed at him?

It's just so it can have constant wars/feuds threads like the console wars crap on Sup Forums everybody eats up constantly instead of actually talking straight or directly about anything ever. Sup Forums really isn't about natural conversation, it's all about the meta level baiting, manufactured feuding and shitposting that goes on around various hobbies and shit instead of actually being involved in them and deriving some form of pleasure.

Basically it's like the WWE Promotion equivalent of the internet complete with all the sudden face/heel turns of apparent opinion and vice versa as needed to continue a narrative on something. It's just literal brainless chaos with no real standards where anything can happen if it attracts more posts to a thread.

If Kyoani could animate every show, all other studios would be out of a job because Kyoani is the first option

Modern anime in general? I mean Kyoto Animation was never one to focus much on storytelling but pretty much from Late 2013 on anime producers in general realized they didn't really need a compelling story line or character drama lasting 26-50 episodes to have a financially successful show and that it was actually a better idea to just focus on waifus with fetching character designs which eventually followed into doing the same only with the genders reversed as it's a super low risk but potential high yield reward marketing strategy that when it works it works big time. If not the losses tend to be pretty minimal since the basic formula is relatively inexpensive for multiple production companies to attempt together.

Basically once your have your waifus/husbando bait character designs all set up and revealed in magazines and such from that point take your pick of one of the few remaining genres or concepts it's still safe to set an anime series in and not have it be immediately DoA for making the investment back which include: idols/music, LN/VN/Mobage adaptations for moe otaku, Otome scenarios, Male sports show or Isekai and then get your 12 episode time slot or movie theater allotment and you're set to make some money one way or another.

It's not just Kyoani, anime in general is fucked now as a storytelling medium and if you still expect compelling things from it for once Sup Forums is right, you really are just in the wrong hobby as anime is for pretty girls/boys engaging in one form of half-baked escapist fantasy or another for the sake of it's otaku audiences limited tastes.

So like virtually 2/3 of the board on a given day with the rest being repeated generals from like a year or more ago? Dead community just kind of slowly going through the motions into 2017. Really nothing to see here anymore at this url.

I do kinda agree with your pessimistic view as far as kyoani goes, but we still have a couple shows with creative animation each year, like Flip Flappers and MP100 in 2016, so the industry as a whole isn't yet as far gone as you are putting it. But can you really blame kyoani? They did one extremely creative, as far as animation goes, show with nichiyou and it bombed hard and all their other samey and mediocre shows sell like crazy. Why wouldn't they simply create what the otaku want?

The Kyoto Animation Touch
youtube.com/watch?v=BPzeO5iPJ4M

>KumikoxAsuka end

I love this meme.

Every Hibike! related thread, Poopooman.

FUCK OFF SHE'S SAVED FOR SHUICHI

I will FUCK Kumiko.

Yeah man, older anime used to be sooo much better. The good old days amiright.
Characters in Hibike Euphonium look cute and attractive, that means the show is purely waifu bait and has no other value.

I am going to have SEX with Reina